06 Do You Love Her?

Moon in The River
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The great pressure in the office made Mark and Youngjae hard to breathe. They had no idea what happened to their boss that his face was almost black when he entered into the office.

He had scolded three managers in just one morning. A severe thunderstorm would be the best description of the situation in the office right now. They prayed that the weather would turn better soon or there would be more casualties for the workers.

“Mark, come in,” seems like the thunderstorm had chosen the next victim.

“Mr Park, here is Mrs Park’s older brother’s information,” he passed him a piece of paper. Luckily he wasn’t the first victim of the day and by just seeing how the manager was being shouted at, he decided to do full research of the said man and passed it to his boss before he started another round of thunderstorm.

Jinyoung took a detailed look at the paper.

Jung Hoseok. He couldn’t recall a thing about this name.

The next thing he knew, he dialled the given number.

“Hello, SupeMon Entertainment. How can I help you today?” A lady’s voice came out from the phone.

“Hi, this is… Mr Jung Hoseok’s brother-in-law, may I speak with Mr Jung Hoseok?”

“Please hold for a moment,” minutes later, the lady picked up the phone again, “Thank you for holding. I’m sorry, Mr Hoseok is not available at the moment. Would you like to leave a message?”

“Uhm, could you let him call me back as soon as possible? It’s urgent.”

“Sure,” he then left his number to the lady and only could wait for his call.

The information he had gotten from Mark wasn’t too complete, he still didn’t know where their hometown was.

Even when he called the divorce lawyer, the only thing that they would let him know was the details to divorce and they kept other information as confidential.

“Mark, follow up with them,” he ordered as he laid back onto the ergonomic office chair. Jinyoung would like to relax even just for a few minutes but a part of his chest had been stolen away. He couldn’t ignore the emptiness in his chest and he knew the reason why.

The only thing which he must do at the moment was to get Yiseol back, or he couldn’t focus on his work.

“Yes, Mr Park,” Mark didn’t know what happened to the man but he could guess that his madness was related to Mrs Park. He had never seen this side of his boss before, not even when Kim Minkyung left him to the UK three years ago.

What he could do to ease Jinyoung’s stresses away was to get to Yiseol.

After leaving Jinyoung’s office, Mark called the lady.

“Hello?” A man answered the phone.

Mark was surprised. Did Jinyoung get mad because Yiseol had an affair?

He stopped him from gasping loudly and answered awkwardly, “He-hello? Is this Mrs Park?”

“There isn’t any Mrs Park here. You might call the wrong number.”

Mark looked at his mobile again and double confirmed the name that he called.

He then heard a lady at the back, “Who is it, oppa?” (#A/N: ‘Oppa’ means older brother in Korean, while girls also can use to ‘oppa’ call an older lover.)

Oppa?! What? Mrs Park really had an affair?

Yiseol took the phone and realised it was Mark, “Hi Assistant Tuan, sorry my brother took your call. Is there anything?”

Yiseol knew it well why Mark would call her. He was Jinyoung’s personal assistant and he must have already known about their divorce. There wasn’t anything wrong that he knew about their relationship.

Mark, on the other hand, was absolutely surprised. Then he thought about Jinyoung’s recent unusual behaviour which was mainly because of the lady he was calling, he tried to be calm to her.

“Your ‘oppa’?” he asked.

“Yes, my brother, you met him before,” the lady replied unruffled.

Mark thought for a while, when did he meet Mrs Park’s affair before?

Then only he realised, she meant her older brother, that guy who his boss was urgently calling but couldn’t get it to him. He was with the lady.

“Mrs Park, I- uh,” feeling extremely embarrassed about the misunderstanding, Mark stammered.

“Yes, Assistant Tuan?” Yiseol asked patiently for him, although he shouldn’t be calling her ‘Mrs Park’ anymore.

Mark had almost forgotten the reason he called the lady. It was because of his boss, he must do something to decrease his boss’ madness.

“Mrs Park,” Mark got his professionalism back and spoke, “Mr Park wasn’t feeling well. Would you mind to come into the company later today?”

Yiseol was stunned after hearing what Mark was implying. A chuckle left and she stated to Mark, “Assistant Tuan, I thought you had already known. Jinyoung and I are going to divorce. There is no way for me to go to visit him.”

Mark was shocked by the news that he was just told.

He could imagine how mad his boss was right now.

“Assistant Tuan,” Yiseol called his name, “I hope that you will understand. Jinyoung and I weren’t meant for each other. Instead of getting both of us together, I should let him go to look for his happiness.”

“Mrs Park …” Mark was more than just shocked, he was almost petrified.

He could understand her decision. Seeing how his boss treated Yiseol, he would cheer with Yiseol to celebrate their divorce. However, he was still working under Jinyoung. He didn’t want his future work life to be in a disaster.

“Assistant Tuan, I am not Mrs Park anymore,” she paused, ridiculously giggl

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter