03 The Florist

Moon in The River
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Yiseol didn’t know how the phone was hang up and how she got home safely. Her mind was conquered by the little kid which wasn’t her child but calling her husband ‘daddy’. Also, it seems like Jinyoung was telling him a bedtime story. Never did she know that Jinyoung would spend time do such thing as he would never even talk a little longer with her.

She wanted to take all of those things out of her head. They had been occupying her mind since this afternoon but she couldn’t. The little voice that said ‘daddy’ kept surrounding her. She tried to do her usual routine and prepare dinner for that night, but she couldn’t concentrate.

“Calm down, Yiseol,” she cheered herself up, “he told you. They are just friends.”

She took a deep breath and continued what she was doing.

The doorbell rang. Yiseol looked at the time. It’s only 4 pm. Jinyoung usually would be back at 7 pm. Who would it be at this time?

Yiseol opened the door and it was Jinyoung’s mother, her in-law.

“Mother,” she called her as the older lady walked in.

Yiseol served her some tea and cookies. Yu Yeonhee took a sip of the tea and started, “Yiseol-ah, this doctor is famous for pre-pregnancy planning,” she passed her a name card.

“It’s really hard to meet her but I have made an appointment for you on next Wednesday,” the older lady talked to her in her usual cold tone. Rather than asking for her opinion, she had decided everything for Yiseol, “Have a thorough health check. It must be your problem. You have married Jinyoung for 3 years, how could you not have even a symptom of pregnancy?”

The topic always started with pregnancy would end up not quite happily. Yiseol could only nod in agreement.

She sighed after her in-law left their apartment. This day had been bad so far.

She didn’t know if Jinyoung would be happy if she was pregnant with his child. If they have their own kids, would he tell bedtime stories to them as well?

Night slowly fell on the city. Jinyoung stood in front of the apartment. He wanted to pretend that he forgot the key so that Yiseol would open the door and he would then have a reason to ask if she was mad by the incident this afternoon. However, thanks to Mark’s ability, the door had been changed into the latest technology, a thumbprint lock. His great pictures fell apart.

This afternoon, he went back to his office after Doyoung fell asleep. Minkyung tried to keep him to stay for lunch but he rejected her with the reason that he was busy. Well, he wasn’t that busy but his mind was now being fully occupied by his wife.

The moment he stepped out from the lift, he could smell the aroma of food. He knew it was the beef bone soup his wife cooked. He slightly frowned as his secretary was eating at his working desk.

Noticed his boss’ attention, Youngjae stood up from his seat, “Sorry, Mr Park,” Youngjae bowed.

“Make me some coffee,” Jinyoung waved at him, signalling that he could continue with his food and he entered his personal office. Youngjae bowed again at him and followed him into the room, “Mr Park, Mrs Park said that it’s not good to have coffee if you haven’t had lunch yet.”

Jinyoung’s frown grew larger when he heard his secretary. Was his wife a predictor? How did she already know what he was after an hour ago?

“Mrs Park left this for you,” Youngjae left the lunch bag in front of him.

After Youngjae left the room, Jinyoung opened up the lunch bag. There were a flask and a container.

Not having a second thought, the flask was opened and the aroma that he was longing filled the room. Beef bone soup, just like the one that Youngjae had at this work desk. He took a sip while opened the container. Warmness started to fill him up.

In the container, the kimbab was filled with colourful veggies and proteins. Well presentation and high in nutrients. However, the amount of kimbab didn’t look like they were only for one person.

He thought about his secretary who was eating the same thing as he was. Did she prepare everything in double so she could have lunch with him?

Looked at those beautiful kimbab, he suddenly had no appetite at all.

Back to where he was still struggling with how he should start the topic with his wife. He was already home, but the little lady greeted him as usual, took his work bag from him and ran back into the kitchen to bring out their dinner, just like nothing had happened.

However, he was still at a loss. Was she mad? Why wasn’t she mad?

Oh, yeap, she was always gentle and obedient. They hadn’t argued before because whenever they argued, she just nodded to whatever he said.

Jinyoung ate his dinner quietly while glimpsed at his wife secretly. She pecked at her bowl of rice. Other than the plate of veggies in front of her, she didn’t have other dishes.

Everything seems right but wrong at the same time.

“That fish is nice, eat more,” he said, trying to find a topic to converse with her.

“Thank you,” her head was still

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter