05 Pregnancy

Moon in The River
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Yiseol sat in the lounge, waiting for her name to be called. There were a lot of pregnant women around her. Most of them came with their husbands while some of them were with their female friends; it was only her who came to the hospital alone. 

The past few days were almost a pain for both Yiseol and Jinyoung. 

After their argument, Jinyoung moved to the guest room that night and went out early in the morning the next day. He only came back late at night, not even telling her that he wouldn’t be back for dinner as usual. 

Yiseol would want to talk to him; a real conversation instead of just running away like how she did in the past three years. However, he just avoided her as if she was just playing with her and everything would go back to its place when she was tired about the current situation. He thought that she would never divorce him no matter what happened. 

“Jung Yiseol,” the nurse called and Yiseol got back from her thought. She followed the nurse into the doctor’s office. 

“Doctor Ahn,” She greeted. The lady in front of the computer greeted her as well and invited her to the seat in front of her work desk. 

“Mrs Park, don’t be nervous. Let me do a general check-up with you first, alright?” Doctor Ahn started to get her health information and talk to her of some random topic to ease the lady. She then continued to ask about her health including her recent diet and medications. 

“Mrs Park, seems like you were a bit stressed recently. It’s easier to get pregnant if you are in a cheerful state of mind,” smiles never left Doctor Ahn’s lips to try to infect her patients’ mind and emotions with good energy. Yiseol nodded as she understood what she was implying, however, she just couldn’t help to worry about her husband and their precarious relationship. 

Doctor Ahn guided her onto the examination table where she could do a closer examination for Yiseol. A few minutes later, a nurse came in and brought some files to the doctor. 

The doctor laughed and announced to Yiseol, “Seems like you don’t have to worry anymore. Your test has shown that you are pregnant. Congratulations.” 

She was pregnant? The news hit Yiseol hard on her head. 

“Are you sure, Doctor Ahn?” She asked, distressed. 

The doctor just thought that she was too ecstatic and nodded to her, “Yes, according to your test, you are already pregnant. Lucky for you that you come to do a check-up today so you found out your pregnancy earlier than most people. I can also arrange an ultrasound scan for you later if you are still worried. It may be too early to get a scan now as you might not be able to see the baby.” 

Yiseol agreed to let the doctor arrange the next check-up for her. A few moments later, she was brought into another room and performed an ultrasound scan. 

The doctor pointed at a specific black dot on the black and white screen, almost unnoticeable. “It is only 4 to 5 weeks of your pregnancy now, so you can only see a tiny dot over here. The baby will grow pretty fast, so if we do another ultrasound scan on your next check-up, we will be able to see your baby better and also track the baby’s heartbeat too.” 

“At the moment, you don’t have to worry that much, just eat well and try to relax. Let’s schedule your next appointment for next month. Don’t worry. Celebrate this great news with your husband and hopefully, I will see him on your next visit,” the doctor emphasized. 

Oh, right, Jinyoung was the father of her baby. However, should Yiseol tell him the news? She had already decided to divorce him. 

She definitely wanted to share the news with him in her heart. However, later on, she thought of him who never liked her. Could he accept the fact that she was pregnant with his child? He probably preferred Minkyung as the mother of his child instead. 

The moment she knew that she was pregnant, she felt blessed. 

However, when she thought of Jinyoung, she was worried. Would Jinyoung take care of her child since the baby was his own child? Would he treat the baby like how he treated the lady’s son? She still remembered that day how the little boy called his husband ‘daddy’ and let him finished his story. Would Jinyoung tell their kid a bedtime story as well? 

Although Yiseol didn’t want to admit it, the reality might be the opposite. She didn’t want the unborn child to be born in an unhappy family and go through how she lived in the past three years. 

If Jinyoung didn’t want this child, she was still going to give birth to the child anyway. She would raise her child on her own. 

Her determination to divorce got stronger because she was a mother now and she had the responsibility to raise her child in a good environment. Even Jinyoung was the father of the baby, she wouldn’t let him try to harm the child. 

Without another thought, she dialled a number, “Oppa, are you free today?” 

----- 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter