15 The Launching Event

Moon in The River
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Life without Jinyoung was ambivalent.

At least it was what Yiseol thought as she gained some rest for a few days. She hadn’t gotten any call from him. It was peaceful but annoyed her at the same time.

For some reason, she hoped for him to give her a call. She hoped for his explanation. But she knew it was impossible. They weren’t together anymore.

As for Jinyoung, he needed to calm down and think thoroughly. He had realised what he had done wrong in the past, and he was trying his best to get her back.

If he could go back in time, he would have spent the time with Yiseol rather than another lady.

He only left with regrets now. All he wanted was to make up to Yiseol and asked for her forgiveness.

Day by day, time flew quickly as the two had different thoughts in their mind.

Finally, Jinyoung could see her at the launching event. He wanted this day to come quickly but he was also nervous to see her again.

The event was planned on that afternoon. Yiseol took her time and drove to Seoul slowly. She knew she couldn’t get home on the same day, or she had to drive back until late. So, she had told her older brother, Hoseok, to stay at his house for a day.

Driving to Seoul wasn’t easy for her although she didn’t have to wake up early this time. Her mind had been occupied by weird thoughts. Half of it was thinking about how to cope with Jinyoung, whilst another half was guessing the reason Jinyoung’s recent action. Nevertheless, she couldn’t forget that little boy who appeared in the video call that day.

The event was held at the Imperial Hotel. Three and a half hours had passed and Yiseol arrived at the event while she was still in her thought. Seokjin and Seoyeon had already waited outside of the event hall.

“Manager Jung,” Seoyeon greeted as she walked towards the two. She couldn’t forget that the lady in front of her used to be the wife to Mr Park of the Park’s Group. Yet, she tried to keep calm and asked, “How have you been?”

“Director Kim, Assistant Bae,” Yiseol bowed and greeted, “I’m fine.”

Works were works. She still knew the rules. Hence, she threw all the unusual thoughts to the back of her head and acted professionally.

Then, Seokjin led the two ladies into the event hall after signing their attendances.

The launching event was larger than most event Yiseol had encountered in the past. She still couldn’t take it in that the partnership between the Park’s Group and the Impo Corp was something big. And now, she was one of the personnel involved in the project too.

The employees from both companies were scattered around the event hall, engaging with other guests who all formally dressed. Waiters were serving champagne and canapes around the event hall. There were also reporters holding cameras and interviewing the architects at a corner.

They were given glasses of champagne from one of the waiters and Seokjin guided the ladies to the table that was full of food. He ground his palms together, “Hmm, what should I try first? They all look really good. As expected from the Impo Corporation!”

Of course what Seokjin cared the most was food. Seoyeon was slightly embarrassed by her boyfriend who still acted immaturely at his age, she ridiculed, “Please look after your image, Mr Kim.”

Seokjin didn’t care about what she said. He smiled brightly and filled his plate with food, still trying to take care of Seoyeon, “Try this, baby.”

He already had the food feeding to Seoyeon’s mouth and it only left her facepalmed herself. Where did she find such an ‘amazing’ partner for herself?

Yiseol smiled to herself as she saw the interaction between the couple. They were comfortable between each other and didn’t even remember that she was also beside them.

It was the kind of relationship that she was longing. Unfortunately, the person she loved was never a man like Seokjin.

Ahh! Why did she think about him again?

It never let her think more before a familiar man came to them. He was in his forties but still looking handsome in full black suit.

Yiseol saw him first and greeted, “Manager Choi.” He was one of the marketing team’s manager and was responsible for this project as well as this launching event.

They both greeted each other and Manager Choi stated, “It’s a great pleasure to work with you, Manager Jung. Our launching event can be carried out quicker than we have expected, and it was all your credit. Thank you, Manager Jung.”

Being modest, Yiseol shook her hand, “You’re overstated, Manager Choi. I’m nothing compare to the team you lead.”

Manager Choi smiled at her, being pleased by her attitude of not taking credits and a genuine smile. He continued to praise, “No, please don’t think so, Manager Jung. The work you have done was fantastic. It helps us a lot, no matter in time-wise or quality-wise. Even our big boss was impressed!”

Of course, he was satisfied with the outcome! Jinyoung had called to discuss the ‘issues’ with her almost every day. How could the result come out badly?

Nevertheless, Yiseol wouldn’t tell the others

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter