10 He Is Coming?

Moon in The River
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The morning sun shone into the pink-painted room. Noises of the air-conditioning buzzed around the room and the clock on the bedside table clicking to seconds, slightly unpleasant for a quiet weekend morning.

Yiseol wrapped herself more with the blanket while her eyes greeted the daylight. Being tired, she didn’t want to wake up.

Looking at the sight next to her with half-lidded eyes had shed her sleepiness away. It was the face that only appeared in her dream, sleeping peacefully beside her in reality.

For a moment, she thought she had gone back in time when she used to sleep next to the man.

In reality, it was just his miniature – their son.

Feeling relieved, she brushed the little boy’s fringe to the side, let his features shown better under sunlight.

The figures of the man had been wandering in her mind after she came back from Seoul.

When she got home, it was already 10 pm and Sejun was already sleeping. She sneaked into the bathroom in dark and silent so it wouldn’t wake the kid up.

After cleaning herself up, she lay on the bed but struggling to sleep in. She was exhausted after a whole day of driving and discussions, especially after unexpectedly meeting the two people who she didn’t want to meet of her entire life. However, no matter how she turned around, her mind had been occupied with the man.

‘Drive safe.’

‘Text me when you are home.’

His word lingered whole night and she couldn’t shake them off.

Never in her past that she had heard a sentence like this came off from Jinyoung. Those sweet and gentle words had not reserved to her even once. The Jinyoung she knew was cold and icy. His priority was always his works and his company.

Only until Minkyung was back, she realised he had a gentle side of him.

She didn’t know what she was to him. They had never dated each other like normal couples, not even went out for dinner.

Married without knowing each other was a bad idea to start with, but she just couldn’t stand his despairing eyes when he proposed. It was like his whole world had shattered after Minkyung left.

Deep down in her mind, she wanted to give him love and care. Even he wouldn’t reply to her affection.

The only time when she could enjoy his existence unconcealed was early in the morning while they were sleeping together. She woke up earlier than he was to make breakfast for him every day, but before that, she could stare at his features like how she was doing to his son now.

With his arms around her waist, he breathed softly on her face. His thick eyebrows; his tall nose; his kissable lips. His features were mesmerising. She only realised that she could not forget him, even a tiny bit. Any of his little details, she still could see them deep in her mind.

“Good morning, Mummy!” The little boy called and rubbed his eyes. It pulled her back from her pool of memories.

Seeing her awaken son, she quickly pulled him onto her embrace and placed a kiss on his forehead, “Good morning, Sejun. Did you sleep well?”

“Yes,” Sejun smiled brightly and kissed his mother back, “I love you, Mummy.”

The little boy was indeed sweet. Sometimes she wondered if he was Jinyoung’s biological child if he didn’t look like the adult. Maybe he had inherited his faces and Yiseol’s personality.

“I love you too, my Sejun baby.”

“I love you more, my Mummy baby,” he giggled while imitating Yiseol.

“Alrighty, we need to wake up now and go to the market later,” Yiseol patted on the little’s boy bum, “Remember that mummy have to go to your school tomorrow? What are we making?”

“Strawberry Cheesecake!”

“Yay! Strawberry Cheesecake! Does Sejun like to eat Strawberry Cheesecake?” She asked as a guide for the little boy to speak more.

“Yes, I like Strawberry Cheesecake! Because Mummy like it too!” Sejun had already run into the bathroom and brushed his teeth as Yiseol made the bed.

Strawberry Cheesecake.

That was the dessert that she appreciated a lot. It was the one and only dessert that he had ever bought for her.

In fact, it was a complimentary cake that he bought for his employees as a celebration for a successfully signed contract. He brought a piece back home for her.

It wasn’t something romantic to start with, also a bit sad to say that he actually bought the cake for his employees and only took leftover back for her, but it was still what he first brought back for her personally. Since then, she had an affection with Strawberry Cheesecake.

Jinyoung had his special taste with the things he bought. Even he didn’t like to eat dessert, he still got the desserts from an award-winning cake speciality place that served contemporary and special desserts.

The Strawberry Cheesecake was totally different from the others that she had tasted before. A biscuity crust, white chocolate mousse, strawberry jelly, strawberry cubes in custard and a layer of cheese chiffon cake, decorated with fresh strawberry and chocolate slices. A classy yet distinctive strawberry cheesecake.

She had a bite and immediately know why he didn’t eat it. It was not his taste, especially t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter