08 Bad Day

Moon in The River
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It has been five years since Jinyoung last seen her.

He had kept his promises not to find her.

Or it was he who couldn’t find her.

He had definitely thought to hire a private detective or investigator to look for her, but he didn’t have any of her photos.

They didn’t take wedding photos before. Neither they had dated each other nor went for a date and took a photo.

Her friends and family wouldn’t tell him where she was either.

He had been thinking about her almost every day. When he had breakfast from some fast food chain or convenience store which couldn’t compare with Yiseol’s cooking; when he went back home in the evening and the house was completely dark; when he had no one beside him that he could hug to sleep.

Three years of marriage together, he had used to have her beside him, and he still couldn’t get her out of his mind after five years without her.

The moment he stepped into the hall and wandered his gaze around, he could spot her easily within the crowd. He had never expected to see her there. At one point, he thought he was hallucinating because he missed her so much.

However, the lady in front of her had opened in shock. She probably wouldn’t expect him to be there as well.

The lady was skinnier than she was five years ago. She had her black blazer wrapped around her and stepped on high heels, looking professional and different from what she wore long ago.

Five years had definitely changed her style.

The man beside her surrounded his arm around her, patted on her shoulder and whispered something. She nodded back to him.

Jinyoung squinted his eyes at the man. He didn’t feel right at the good-looking man beside her. Were they a couple? Didn’t she know that he hadn’t divorced with her yet?

Keeping his thoughts to himself, he put aside those weird feeling and followed the staff to the temporary stage in front of all the seats. After all, he was here for a new development’s meeting.

The Director of Impo Corporation, Im Jaebeom, stood in front of everyone. The man about Jinyoung’s age was the newly assigned director for Impo Corporation.

He spoke, “Everyone, welcome to today’s meeting about the new resort in Gwangju. As a result of our meeting with the Park’s Group yesterday, the initial planning of the new resort in Gwangju will expand its scale and functionalities into a new vacation spot.”

Gestured to the man standing behind him, he continued, “As we know, the Park’s Group is the largest developers in South Korea, it’s a great opportunity to work with you. So, thank you, Mr Park Jinyoung, for making this possible. And I hope this project will reach a new height in the industry.”

All the staff gave big applause after the man finished his speech and a lady continued to introduce the people who attended the meeting, including the stakeholders, the architects, the engineers, the consultants and of course, the marketing team from RJ Creative Agency and a few personnel from the Park’s Group.

The project was not only a new resort with the engagement with the Park’s Group. The site was set to develop into top vacation spot in Gwangju and planned to build a high-end hot spring golf course resort.

Yiseol looked at the lady talking in front, tried to avert her attention on Jinyoung, but she could feel someone’s gaze never left her.

To Jinyoung’s disappointment, the lady only looked at him once throughout the whole meeting. Did she not missing him even a bit as he did? How could she not have tiny attention on him?

Just like a five-year-old kid, Jinyoung wanted her attention so bad. He wanted to shout at her for her to turn herself to him.

However, he still had his rationality in him to prevent himself from doing something unprofessional in this formal meeting.

The meeting ended three hours later and Yiseol got to introduce herself to the Park’s Group’s marketing team. Lucky for her, no one in the team actually recognised her as the wife for their director of the company.

Well, they only invited some really close friends and family to their wedding ceremony eight years ago. The only person who got to meet Yiseol often were Jinyoung’s personal assistant, Mark and secretary Youngjae.

Speaking of Mark, he was in the hall as well, surprised to see Yiseol at the same place. He followed Jinyoung around and greeted the others before leaving to his next schedule.

While standing in front of Yiseol, he could feel the awkwardness between the two.

Yiseol bowed slightly, greeting the men in front of her, “Mr Im. Mr Park. Nice to meet you.”

Mr Park? How dare for her to call him Mr Park?

“It has been a really long time, Yiseol-ssi,” Jinyoung stared at the lady sternly. Calling her back ‘Yiseol-ssi’ like a stranger was his revenge, but seemed like the lady didn’t mind it.

She only nodded at him as a reply.

However, only she knew it herself, her heartbeats were abnormally fast. Her fingers had entwined together tightly. She couldn’t meet Jinyoung’s eyes at all as his gaze was too intimidating.

Staring at the lady who acted like they barely knew each other, Jinyoung clenched his fist tightly and walked away. He s

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter