Just Tonight

Alethephobia
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

After 3 days of being admitted, Jinyoung could finally escape from this wide hellish room that made him felt nothing but loneliness. Within 3 days of his stay, only Jackson came to visit, oh and yes, Jisoo and Rose also visited him on the first day he was admitted but... Jinyoung decided to send them off just like that. He didn't even get to see Jisoo's face since he still felt guilty about hurting the said girl.

Jackson appeared at the door with a smile plastered on his face. He approached Jinyoung who was busy packing up his clothes and other stuffs into the small luggage Jackson brought beforehand. 

"I thought you have a date with Rose," Jinyoung teased the latter who was currently standing beside him. Jackson lightly hit Jinyoung's arms as he let out a small chuckle, "What?" He frowned to see an unfamiliar expression on Jackson's face, "Wait... you are really dating her? For real?" Jinyoung couldn't be happier knowing that Jackson is finally dating someone. He had a really hard time handling his last break up .

And again, when will he ever date someone? Maybe, not in the next 100 years, because he was going to be blind anyway. Who would want a guy like him?

"She's cute," Jackson told on his true feelings, "And I figured out that she has a crush on me, so why not," He shrugged before lifting the luggage Jinyoung perfectly put on the bed. Jinyoung tried to take the luggage from Jackson but failed when he refused, "You're still not feeling well, so let me hold it for you," Jackson insisted.

 

XXX

 

It's already half past 6 in the evening. And the sun was slowly setting down with time, hiding itself to let the moon shows up instead. Jinyoung wasn't sure but travelling by car will always be his most favourite thing since he would get all the peaceful moments that he needs to himself in his life.

But sadly, that didn't last long because as soon as he took his first step into the big house, he could see that his parents were already waiting for him at the living room with their legs crossed.

"Park Jinyoung, sit here," The man called out for him as he pointed out towards the couch in front of him. Jinyoung dropped his bag at the entrance of the house before he walked towards his parents.

Jinyoung gritted his teeth and he rolled his eyes while looking at the two adults in front of him, "What do you want?" He asked, looking uninterested to anything they're going to say to him. 

"Get that operation," The words sound stern to his ears; more like an order from someone who didn't even bother to care about him before and now he's telling him to undergoes the operation as if that's an easy thing to do.

The boy simply ignored his parents' words as he stood up from the couch and walked away from the two of them, "Jinyoung, we love you. We don't want anything bad happen to you. That's all," His mother finally opened and said something after being quiet for who knows how long, "We truly care about you,"

He knew his mother was just trying to make him feel better by saying those comforting words but to be honest, there weren't a bit of sincerity he could find as she spoke out those lines, "I told you to stop acting like you care about me," Jinyoung turned his body around and looked at his mother with a pair of intense eyes, he's mad. He's really mad at that moment.

"Jackson really has teached you bad things," His father finally agreed with the statement told by his wife a few days ago when Jinyoung chased them out of his room.

Jinyoung clenched his fist and now his eyes fell to his father, "Who are you to judge Jackson?" He knew he was being extremely rude towards his parents but he couldn't hold himself any longer.

They're too much. They both know really well how much Jackson meant to Jinyoung and yet here they are talking about him.

Jackson was there for him when he needed his parents by his side instead. Jackson was there during all the tough moments in his life like when he failed his mathematics paper. Jackson was there when Jinyoung lost his only puppy that he took care of for 5 years long. 

Jackson has always been there for him, and will always will. 

Unlike these two old scums in front of him. They're nothing close to the literal meaning of "parents". They only hold the 'Jinyoung's parents' title but they never act like one.

"I will undergo the operation only if you let me achieve my dream to become a photographer," He attempted to make a deal with them even though he knew it won't work. His parents would never let him be what he wanted to be. Never.

His father laughed over his silly statement, "Wow, you really thought that we will agree with that, didn't you? I almost said yes for a moment,"

"You should have said it out loud it as soon as you thought about it," Jinyoung's lips slightly curved upwards, forming a mock smile, "Anyway, tell me about it later," He left the house in instant and then finally, he let out a sigh. He just couldn't believe that he acted like that in front of his parents.

The boy was about to get out of the gate before a hand stopped him from moving anywhere further, "Where are you going?" Jinyoung turned around and could see his father's personal driver, Mr. Choi, which is Youngjae's father, looking at him with a pair of worry eyes. Bet he heard the conversation between Jinyoung and his parents a moment ago, "Let me send you," He insisted and Jinyoung couldn't say no to him.

 

XXX

 

He stared at the endless view in front of him. It's dark but the full moon tonight managed to shine enough light towards the lonely boy who was sitting on the bench where he usually sat whenever he had a problem and needs to calm himself down.

Jinyoung heaved out a sigh. He has always wondered since when did his life go wrong? Was it ever since his mother lost his little siblings when he was one year old? Or was it, his existence itself in the world originally a mistake to both of his parents?

But then, it doesn't make sense at all since they were counting on the boy to take over the company anyway. Bet, they never care about anything else other than money, fame and power. Those three things were like a motto in Jinyoung's family; for his parents only, not him.

The latter then unlocked his phone and dialled someone's number. He waited for a few seconds till the other person picked up the call, "Hey, Jackson, where are you?" He bit his lower lips before it slightly curve

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter