Ch.8

Spring: Healing
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The next day

"Yah!" Jeongyeon smacked Sungjae who was observed at someone without aware her presence.

"You startled me!" The guy mad.

"Who are you staring at? Your crush? You have fallen in love?" The girl mocked with laughter tried to fool him.

Sungjae stayed quiet for a moment. He tried to hide his red cheeks as red as the tomato.

"Isn't that the new kid? The girl who wants to call by 'Joy' instead of her real name and took over my job as the cashier", Jeongyeon stated.

"She didn't take over your job. Your manager decided to change your position because you always late to work."

"Why do you defend her instead of me? Do you like her that much?" She stared at him with sharp eyes.

"What do you mean? It's your fault after all." Sungjae gazed away.

"Okay, I got it. Let's recruit her as our member."

"What? Who?"

"I'm the president assistant. I also have the power to recruit members. Right?" She smirked and walked to Joy.

Joy was chatting with Tzuyu. Both of them have become good friends.

"Sorry for interrupting. I heard you haven't joined any club yet. How about joining our club? We need more members to participate in any activities club on year-end festival later" she smiled.

"A club? What kind of club?"

"Meet me after lunchtime. I'll explain to you." Jeongyeon left with a mischievous smile.

Tzuyu eyes followed Jeongyeon's figure. She hesitated to return her handkerchief back.

"Why does she offers me to become her club members after what I did to her? Is she mad at me because of that?"

"What? Have you done something to her?" Tzuyu got curious.

"I was looking for a part-time job and I received the job at a convenience store. The manager hired me as the cashier but wasn't told me somebody else work after school ends. She usually works after school ends. But the manager switched my place with her. I thought she mad at me because of she gave me a cold stare. But now she offers me to join her club. It's strange. Is it a trap? Maybe she had other intentions", Joy explained.

"I don't think so. Maybe you should go" Tzuyu replied.

 

Lunchtime

"Yah! Why are you telling her about this club?! It's a private club. We can't reveal it to anybody like that" Sungjae scolded Jeongyeon. His forehead wrinkled as he mad.

"What's important about this useless club? You haven't got any members yet" she grumbled.

"Do you know why I created this club? My intentions are-"

"Hi" Joy interrupted the two who were enjoying lunch. Sungjae gazed in awe at Joy. He ended up quite and stop eating. Jeongyeon was noticed his facial expression that completely different from before.

"Joy, you come at the right time" she smiled. "I hope we can talk informally to become closer to each other".

"Oh, sure. I'm happy making new friends. But aren't you mad at me?" She cautiously asking to not offend Jeongyeon.

"Oh, I'm not. Who told you so?"

"I thought you were a cold person, but when you wish to be my friend, I think you're not."

After finishing lunch, three of them walked to the MPR club room. Joy and Jeongyeon chit-chat while Sungjae followed on behind. When they arrived, Joy astounded at the hidden underground room inside the gardener's cottage. She was here and heard voices of people talking.

"The rumor is wrong. But what I heard is eventually voices of you guys talking?" She dumbfounded after knowing the truth.

"What rumor? And have you been here before? "

"Someone told me this place is haunted. I thought it was real because I heard some voices talking."

Sungjae chuckled while Jeongyeon burst off laughing. "Wait. Why you were here?"

"I strolled around the school because I was boring"

"Good news this place is not haunted" she grinned.

They sauntered into the room. The rays of sunlight illuminate the room and some birds chirping outside. The atmosphere was quiet until Sungjae his loud radio. Indie rock, his favorite genre playlist broke the silence.

"You may sit" Jeongyeon pointed to the yellow sofa which bright out the most.

"Well, this is MPR club. A private club... I don't know how to explain further... but would you join us?"

"Join you guys? Yes, sure" she agreed without hesitation.

"Really? Thanks for join! This club will remain empty without you."

Jeongyeon lifted her head to the direction of Sungjae who was concentrated on his phone. "Ahem... to celebrate a new member, today we will play games. The games are the part of the club, so it necessary to play even one a game." She stood up. "President, I dare you the truth or dare!"

Sungjae who was laughed at the memes posts immediately stop laughing. He turned his back to gaze at Jeongyeon. "What...?"

--

Tzuyu was alone after Joy left her. She wished to return the handkerchief back to Jeongyeon. Even in the class, both of them sat awkwardly without any interaction. Even she sat next to her, she still hesitates to return the handkerchief.

"Uhh..." she sighed. Staring at the handkerchief. "I don't know ... why people hate me..." she whispered to herself. Sitting on the bench confront the soccer field, she let her mind wandered. Out of blue, she felt a hand pat her head. She turned her head to see. It was...

--

"Let's play this game in public such in class or canteen" Jeongyeon suggested.

"I never play this game before and I'm excited" Joy excitedly confessed.

Sungjae stayed silent. He acted differently. "Yah~ don't be shy" Jeongyeon joked.

"What do you mean?"

"It's obvious" she smirked.

They decided to play in the class. Jeongyeon sat on the top of her desk, Joy on Jeongyeon's seat and Sungjae on Tzuyu's seat.

"Is it okay I'm sitting here?" Sungjae unsure considering that the seat was not his.

"Yeah, as long as the owner is not here," Jeongyeon replied.

"Let's start the game. How do we start this game?" Joy interrupted.

"Joy, you can ask me first. I think I pick truth."

"Why do you invite me to join this club?"

"It's because of Sungjae," she smirked.

"Why him?" Her eyebrows raised along with Sungjae.

"Only one answer is enough, right?"

"Alright, Jeongyeon you next," Joy instructed.

"Sungjae, pick truth or dare."

Sungjae pondered for seconds what to pick. Then he went for truth.

"Do you have a crush on someone in this class?"

"Err...Yes.." he stuttered.

"Then who?"

"I can only give one answer. You also said so," he chuckled.

"Oh, you want to play this way. I got it."

Their game continued until Jeongyeon turn again.

"Sungjae, truth or dare?"

"Truth," he picked without hesitation.

"This game is boring if everyone picks truth, so tell me. Honestly, your crush is the new student in our class, Joy?"

Joy was shocked and Sungjae rose his eyebrows. All of sudden, they heard noisy sounds came from below the classroom. All of them peeked from the windows classroom. They recognized Mingyu and Tzuyu.

"Is that Tzuyu? But who is that guy? Why he is yelling at her?" Joy worried.

"Let's continue the game first. Answer the question, Sungjae."

He clenched his fist. "Yeah...I like her. But why you need to know?" He glanced at Joy and noticed she didn't concentrate on the game but still peeked outside the window.

"Now, it's my turn. You have to pick dare to make this game more fun."

"Okie..."

"I dare you to-" Sungjae peeked outside. He glanced at Mingyu and Tzuyu.

--
5 minutes before

"Tzuyu, let's talk." Mingyu held Tzuyu's wrist to prevent her from getting away.

She held her breath and turned to look Mingyu. "Yes? What do you want to talk about?" She fake smiled as she pretended to be okay when she hid wounds inside her heart.

"Listen. I know it's all my fault. But I thought you will help me and admit we did it together. Because you've denied it, people thought you put blame on me. We both knew it, it's all my fault. I'm sorry. Let's reveal to the whole school we're in the relationship and we did it together.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter