Ch.3

Spring: Healing
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"The clock showed 9 pm in the morning. Jeongyeon and Sungjae remained on the sunshine yellow colored sofa. Jeongyeon stared at the sunlight came from the ceiling, while Sungjae covered his face with a blanket

"Are you still sleeping?" She extended her arm to remove the blanket.

"I'm sleepy. Please let me sleep" he covered his eyes with his two bare hands.

"No. I didn't sign up for watching you sleep. Come on! Get up! This is our first meeting!" she yelled.

"Let's cancel this meeting and do it later."

"Geez.. stop procrastinate time. We're on weekend. Let's do something fun rather than sleep!" She lifted both her hands to the air to show excitement feelings.

"But I can't even open eyes. I slept late today. I need to sleep for 7-8 hours to get enough sleep."

"Wait. Why are you sleeping here? You do not have a home, aren't you?"

"Of course I have. I live alone too, just like you. But I prefer to sleep here since this my favorite sofa. Besides, there's nobody at my house."

"You don't have any stories to tell me? Look like you know me more than I know you. This is not fair. How many times did you stalk me?"

"Oh, I got stories to tell you. I lived a miserable life too, just like you... Wait. I'm hungry. Let's go eat ramen. I'll treat you," he smiled.

"You said you're sleepy and now you're hungry. Unbelievable..." she smirked.

Both of them walked toward to the convenience store where Jeongyeon worked. As soon they entered, they spotted an unfamiliar girl stood at the cashier counter. The girl's had medium length black haired and pure pink lips. She wore worker uniform. Sungjae was captivated by the girl meanwhile Jeongyeon frowned because of she did not recognize her at first. 

"Hello. Good morning!" The girl's greeted them with a bright smile on her lips. 

"Who is she? I've never seen her before. Is she a new worker?" she asked herself in curiosity.

Suddenly, the girl's was out of her sight when blocked by Manager Han, the manager of the convenience store.

"Jeongyeon, why are you coming early today? It's rare to see you here at this hours."

"Oh, I'm coming with my friend to eat ramen. I didn't plan to work early today," she explained.

"Okay. But I need to inform you something. Come follow me." 

Jeongyeon followed her up to the storage room.

"Start from now on, Park Soo Young will replace your position as cashier. The obvious reason is that you always late. You affect other cashiers schedules such as they should return home early, but because of you, they have to wait until you arrive. I could fire you, but because of my consideration, you will work here as storage keeper. Check stocks, check expiry dates. That's all your job. Got it? Now, go introduce yourself to Soo Young" she explained.

Jeongyeon hands quivered and her eyes were blinking simultaneously. She dumbfounded after listening to her manager explanation. She turned back and found out the girl was watching her.

"Hi. My name is Park Soo Young. But you can call me Joy" she smiled.

"I'm Yoo Jeongyeon. But you don't have to call me." The taller's turned following her gazed at the manager. "I stop working here. I'll quit." Then, she left them and realized Sungjae wasn't with

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter