FUTURE PLANS

ONE YEAR
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Coffee hues look up, catching him staring at her with an expression that looked at lot like JOY. It’s hard for her not to mention it, feeling dark orbs looking at her with such mirth and intensity as he bears a beaming smile, stretched slow and wide over pink lips. Her brows knit forward, bending as she tensely moves the napkin across her jawline and mouth, wondering whether she had food on her face the entire time. 

He’s still looking.

She can’t help but feel a bright carmine displayed across her cheeks.

“  Why are you looking at me like that  ?  ”

The young brunette nervously rubs her bare shoulders, before resting her hands on her lap, carefully overlaying the black slip dress she was wearing, eyes barely squinting as she looked to him. 

“  You look cute when you’re eating,  ”  he’s quick to respond before he breaks the gaze, eyes falling back to the avocado toast on his plate, hues moving to see the pancakes shared between them and her own eggs benedict on the other side, chucklingly, “  …  surprised you can eat so much yet look graceful in it all.  ”

Cheeks heat deeper at his words.

He doesn’t really understand the hype behind breakfast food, possibly because for some time, he’d rarely be awake in time to have breakfast but watching her talk excitedly about this cafe that has such apparently thriving reviews and the gleam across her face made it a lot more enjoyable as he’d like to admit. Jungkook wonders whether his life will go back to normal, when she leaves  ;  back to times of drunken nights and hungover afternoons, body wrapped around nameless strangers. 

He doesn’t want his life to go back to what it was. 

And that was perhaps, one of the more alarming things about his presence because in just eight months, she’d managed to change the very things he’d wanted in life. 

They’re too far deep. 

He knows.

Although he wishes he didn't, at least then he'd have a reason to continue behaving the way that he did.

And while every cell in his body was telling him to pull away, he finds himself entrapped in her presence even more. 

He can’t help but find his eyes constantly following her, moving from the admirable gleam beneath dark lashes or the soft rose pigments of her lips, ones she hadn’t been able to stop thinking about. Meanwhile, she’s trying hard NOT to ruin the short time they still have together, trying hard to ignore the evident disparity, sitting across from someone who lies in the opposite camp of her. She’s trying not to think about how he’s reticent and

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter