NOT LOVE

ONE YEAR
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Park Chaeyoung is doing everything in her power to not overthink (  god knows she can’t afford to do it at a time like this, with her exams so close ) but it’s hard for her mind to survive deeply rooted in her studies after the KISS ,  particularly when he’s been doing all in his power to avoid her like a criminal dodging flying bullets. They had been getting better  ;  for some time, he’d stopped going out every night and bringing random strangers home, bringing along the stench of harsh liquor and burnt cigarette smoke into the house. However,  over three days had passed and he hadn’t even come home once and she was starting to get worried  —  a little too much for someone who had an exam in a foreign language due the next morning. She doesn’t understand what the controversy is ,  at least not enough to warrant his behaviour in running from her like a contagious disease. 

 

It wasn’t the first time he’d kiss someone. 

 

She knows. 

 

Park Chaeyoung saw it with her own eyes the first time they met.

 

He’d made out with a plethora of women since she began living with him. 

 

So what was the big deal  ?

 

A heavy exhale sharply emits from slightly parted lips, a groan of frustration as she digs sharp fingernails through her own hair. The information on her textbook was wrangling with the urge to go find him and she knows it’s a temporary awareness that she simply shouldn’t attend to, not when she was struggling to keep her own eyes open. Park Chaeyoung can barely properly digest the information on paper, yet alone write about various topics in exam conditions on very little sleep.

 

She grunts in annoyance, picking up a set of car keys that she swore she’d never touched as she made her way out the door. 

 

 

***

 

 

The bright laser-like rays of colours are blinding, illuminating the extreme darkness overshadowing the small venue as chocolate orbs search the premise, not being particularly capable of finding one person with the poor lighting in the area. As she attempts to navigate her own way to a more secluded area of the club, filled with various shadows doing things she doesn’t quite want to know. She needs a break from the loud bass, echoing against her skin, seeping through her blood she swears given how LOUD the place was. Chaeyoung can barely breathe, yet alone think rationally and that was coming from someone who was completely sober. 

 

She hated two things in the world: clubs and driving. It reminded her too much of her past, too much of a life she needed to forget.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter