LIKE STRAWBERRIES

ONE YEAR
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jungkook swings the door open to reveal her, nose crinkled as she stands in front of the full length mirror of her room on her toes as slender arms twist unnaturally in an attempt to zip the back of her dress. Wine coloured lips part in a moment of awe, so brief that if a person simply blinked at the wrong time, they'd surely miss it. She doesn’t notice it, barely heeding his presence in her room until she can feel the touch of cold fingertips against her warm flesh and his breath on her heck. He’s zipping her up with an agonising slowness, fingertips moving her hair to the side as he sees the space beside her neck and how it was practically teasing him. 

She doesn’t know why she feels a sudden shiver or why goosebumps were forming on her arms like her own body’s natural defence. 

The way he feels at the moment is disturbing  ;  forgetting about how agitated it was that she was taking so long just a few moments ago suddenly turning into a serene smile across his lips. He isn’t thinking about the marriage or the way he feels guilty for bringing a new girl home every night but he’s thinking of the previous day and the way she oozed of such an intoxicating gentleness, one that couldn’t even come close to being replicated by weed or alcohol or emotionless . He’s thinking about their moment of intimacy in the living room, before he ruined it in his usual fashion. 

He’s thinking about HER. 

Jeon Jungkook had been thinking of her for a while. 

He’s wondering if it’s possible that he’s making a mistake of staying so dangerously near to her. 

His game would surely backfire. 

It already has. 

He has to remind himself where they stand. 

Strangers. 

“  You look beautiful.  ”

Her expression is shy at his words and for the first time, he doesn’t regret a word that he’s spoken. It’s a consuming feeling, one that felt like a crushing weight across his chest each time he attempted to breathe as though his own body was falling short on him. She doesn’t reply to his compliment, a faint smile speaks a thousand words before she takes a few steps away from him, allowing rich, beige hues the luxury of examination, from head to toe. He doesn’t realise how much his guard as fallen until his chest rises as dainty fingertips fix the tie around his neck, tightening it. Cherry toned silk wraps perfectly around her slender frame and he wonders how he hadn’t noticed the perfect curves on her body or the way her legs were so endless and sinful, clad in black heels. She’s leaking of and appeal, so much that he was to make a mental reminder to look away.

“  I can’t walk in heels,  ”  her voice is so naturally bleeding of liquid gold, eyes averting to the sheepish expression exuding from her expression, “  …  I might fall flat on my face and embarrass you.  ”

He hates how warm his chest feels as he hears such words, particularly seeing how the only concern was his reputation. 

Jungkook couldn’t give a rats about his reputation.

At least, he didn’t. 

“  You’ll be okay,   ”  his words are so

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter