BELATED BIRTHDAY

ONE YEAR
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A thwarted groan bellows in grimace at the sudden sound of clashing pans from the kitchen, yanking him into reality as he peers through dark lashes, taking a few moments to become aware of his surroundings, realising that he’d lost track of time. He’s laying flat on the couch with a blanket clothed around him tightly (  one he notes with confidence he hadn’t brought with him and if he remembers correctly, it was the spare that was left in the bedroom that Chaeyoung had chosen  ) before he steadily lifts himself, leaning on the arm of the couch.

“  Sorry, did I wake you  ?  ”  Her voice is as homey as he recalls, cordial in nature as she calls out from the kitchen, “  … I didn’t want to wake you since you looked so comfortable.  ”

 

“  What time did you get home  ?  ”  He questions with haste and concern, realising that he’d fallen asleep while waiting for her to come home, dark hues clashing against her silhouette which had a bar in her hand, the other leaning on the counter.

“  Not sure, I think around ten  ?  ”  

 

She’s lying.

 

God, he hates how effortlessly the words leave her lips. 

 

He remembered watching the clock which read one in the morning before he started scrolling on his phone for a little longer, only he knows he most likely fell asleep not long from there.

“  I see,  ”  his voice is groggy, causing for her to laugh as she takes another bite from her breakfast bar,  “  …  when are you leaving  ?  ”

 

She looks at the watch around her wrist before reaching for a cup of tea that she’d been waiting to cool down, “  … five minutes  ?  I’ve missed the bus the last few times so I’m insistent on—  ”

 

“  Perfect, I’m taking you now which means we’ll have time for coffee.  ”

 

“  No, it’s fine, you really don’t—  ”

 

“  I want to,  ”  he responds, peeling himself off the couch as he searched the coffee table for his keys, “  …  I told you I’d take you from now on right  ?  I’ve been told I need to start keeping my promises.  ”

 

She smiles, reaching for her laptop before she

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter