DELAYED APOLOGY

ONE YEAR
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“  Just so you know, I’m not accompanying you because I’m accepting your cheap apology of practically burnt and inedible breakfast,  ”  the deep, honey haired brunette is the first to break the silence as she sat looks out from the passenger seat of his car, careful not to give him the satisfaction of the appearance of deep crimson cheeks of embarrassment, “  … I’m going because I’m low on my supply of pens and need them particularly for an exam coming up.  ”

He smiles playfully, his forefinger and thumb squeezing his lower lip out of habit before a cursory flicker of dark eyes, filled with a subtle hint of incredulity meets her, “  … oh really  ?  The house is full of pens and I’m pretty sure you have a campus bookstore that sells all types of stationary.  ”

He's playing a dangerous game.

Jeon Jungkook masks the contentment on his face ineptly, pressing his lips firmly together as his eyes remain fixed on the road.

“  Your poor attempt at cooking an apology breakfast was embarrassing, I wanted to give you a chance to redeem yourself,  ”  she’s quick to retort laced with full confidence, “  …  please pay for lunch because I threw your food out when you weren’t looking.  ”

A throaty chortle departs from his lips, shaking his head at her words. 

He doesn’t quite know why the mood between them has changed so suddenly. 

Perhaps he likes it. 

Hell, he liked it a little too much.

“  Just this once, I’ll buy you whatever you want. Consider it a wedding gift from me,  ”  he announces, a generous offer considering who he was, really, “  …  a car, perhaps  ?  There’s a showroom not too far from the mall.  ”

He's being dead serious.

“  I don’t want a car.  ”

“  Oh, a bad driver huh  ?  Don’t worry, we can’t all be good at everything, babe,  ”  he adds mockingly.

“  I can drive,  ”  she quickly defends herself, rolling her eyes at him, “  … but there’s no need for one. I don’t go anywhere but to class and home, it’s a waste of money.  ” 

“  How do you get to class  ?  ”

The minute such a question departs from his lips, he feels the regret overwhelmingly.

Why does it even matter to him  ?

He looks away onto the other side of the window, hiding the way his expression suddenly tenses as he realises that such words are departing without his brains permission, in a way. 

Jeon Jungkook articulates words eloquently with natural thought in each vocal that derives from his lips. 

Not so much when it comes to her.

“  They have this amazing creation called the bus, princess, you should try it some time,  ”  shoulder lifted nonchalantly, “  …  if I’m late, I ask your driver to since you’re busy having

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter