SHORT HOLIDAY

ONE YEAR
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The usual chestnut pigments in her eyes are too consumed by the brightly illuminated device in her hands, searching for the picture of her in a koala that he’d jokingly told her didn’t exist and while he's smiling in relief at the changing mood between the pair, he can’t help but feel an uneasiness crawling as her expression softens, heads weighing heavy in his pockets as he looks around the hotel lobby. 

It hurts to see her. 

He hates it  ;  sad eyes splashed against a forgiving smile. 

He is truly, too far gone.

Jungkook wants her anger and resentment because at least then, he’d get the karma he deserves.

He doesn’t deserve the gentleness or the caring expression across her face.

But he can’t help but feel the desire to indulge in her presence, despite how undeserving he is.

Because it's what he wants more than anything in the world, as though he’s suddenly able to breathe freely, just inches away from each other as he leans in, head almost touching her shoulder as his agile fingers tap on one of the photos in her camera roll.

“  Where’s that at  ?  ”  

Her expression shines brightly, “  …  bondi. We’ll go there tomorrow if the weather’s nice, I promise, it’s quite busy on the weekends.  ”

Her belated birthday gift has become more of a present to him, seeing how much she'd inistent on giving HIM  a good time. He hates how she's not thinking about herself.

She's too good for someone like him. 

He's the kind of guy who needs to rot in her goodness.

Before he could react, he can hear her name being called at reception which causes her to instantly jump to her feet, making her way towards the receptionist. He’s following her, fingertips trapping hers in a firm grip as she leads them to the front desk. His eyes fall onto pink lips, watching as she participates in innocuous conversation with the receptionist in English, noticing how her lips suddenly drop to form an o shape. It’s only then, that he pulls himself out of the daydream, turning towards the receptionist, pretending to be immersed in the conversation. 

Her accent was truly an addiction in itself, something he always accidentally walks in on when she's Facetiming a friend in the living room or singing a song while studying.

She tugs on the hem of his black shirt, before speaking to him in his native tongue, gaining some sort of privacy from the rec

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter