Seven

College Days

“Thank you.” Jinyoung said as he and Jinyoung walked out of campus, Jaebum looked up at him, “Your welcome?” Jinyoung smiled, “You didn’t have to be the bigger and apologize to Namjoon so thank you. I know that you want Yugyeom’s relationship and you put your pride aside for him. You are a very good hyung.” Jinyoung said smiling at Jaebum widely. Jaebum tried to keep the smile off his face but it found its way there anyway, “He maybe be a pain in the but I do like to see him happy.”

Jinyoung kept silence Jaebum wasn’t one to openly speak about his feelings, this was as far Jinyoung would press him but it was nice to see him open up. Jaebum chuckled, “you know just because you don’t say anything and pretend to be oblivious, doesn’t me I’m not aware you know more than you let on.”

“I’m your best friend and I’m the smarter one, of course, I know more than I let on. However, you’re allowed to have a thing you don’t want to tell me and vice versa. I just happen to be better than you at picking up things.” Jinyoung smirked as he spoke in a teasing voice.

Jaebum scoffed, “So there are things you haven’t told me?”

“Yeah, but don’t feel bad there are things I’ve told anyone,” Jinyoung said dropping his smirk.

“I’m your best friend doesn’t that mean I should know you better than everyone else, shouldn’t I get to know.” Jaebum frowned not liking that Jinyoung doesn’t tell him everything.

“I’m a bit complicated, and there are things I’m not ready to let out. It’s not that I don’t trust you but I don’t want to be treated as anything else than Jinyoung.” Jinyoung said contemplatively.

Jaebum sighed but let his frown go, “you’ll always be Jinyoung to me.”

“I know that and I’m not being secretive. I’ll have to tell you at someone point about the things you don’t know. I just I’m scared that I’ll be different. I promise you’ll be the first to know when I’m ready though.” Jinyoung smiled but it was a weak one.

“If you tell me you have some life threaten disease, I’ll kill myself,” Jaebum said half serious, half-jokingly.

“No, it's not that serious. It’s just something I just kept to myself, plus anyway I’m not hiding it, you just haven’t realized it. So, technically you don’t pay that much attention to me.” Jinyoung said grinning.

Jaebum rolled his eyes, “Whatever, tell me when you want. You don’t push me, I don’t need to push you. Where are we going anyway, the exit is in the other direction?”

“Ah well, I guess this a secret,” Jinyoung said as the stop in front of a very nice, expensive Jaguar. Jaebum looked at Jinyoung, “Why are we here?”

“Well the place you are taking me to is a bit far and I don’t want to use the bus or the train for that distance, so we are taking my car,” Jinyoung said normally as if he just didn’t tell Jaebum this car was his.

Jaebum looked at him with a ‘what did you just say?’ look, “This is your?” Jinyoung nodded. “You have a car? Wait a minute! You have a driver license?” Jinyoung just nodded again.

“What the hell, Jinyoung! How come you never told me?”

“Well, it actually never came up. I don’t really like to drive unnecessarily, plus I did tell you my dad got me a car for as a birthday present last year.”

“I thought you were joking because you never even showed me it. Why do we take the bus and walk everywhere if you have a car? Hold on a minute, you have a license?” Jaebum said shocked that Jinyoung had a car and a nice one like this.

“Well that’s your fault and I don’t feel the need to drive places that are fairly close. I don’t like having to look for parking and we usually go out and have a drink, no point in bringing my car. I’m not going to drink and drive. Plus, I told you I took the driving test in high school and my dad bought me a car. Why would he buy me a car if I couldn’t drive,” Jinyoung said as if it was obvious.

“Okay no, you said you took the driving test and that was it. Nothing else, you didn’t even say if you passed. I assumed you failed and didn’t want to talk about it because you don’t fail tests,” Jaebum said narrowing his eyes because Jinyoung was making seem like he was not inquiring about his best friend’s life.

“Really Jaebum hyung, I don’t fail tests. I figured you’d assume I passed, isn’t that the more likely outcome.” Jinyoung said looking at Jaebum with a ‘are you kidding me’ look.

Jaebum opened to speak but closed it because logically, all of Jinyoung’s answers were reasonable. Jaebum had assumed things and never really inquired. So Jinyoung realistically wasn’t hiding anything, the younger just reacted out of the norm which Jaebum knows. Honestly, it was Jaebum’s own fault, Jinyoung never actually lied, he just never continued on with the topics after Jaebum dismissed them.

Jaebum sighed, “This is a part of the 90% of the time when I don’t like.”

Jinyoung, however, looked pleased with himself, “Yes, but you still like me 9% more than everyone else.”

Jaebum shook his head, “I really don’t like you. I don’t know why you are so pleased with yourself or why anyone likes you?”

Jinyoung smirked and lift a finger, "Yes, but you still like me more than other people, in general, that means I’m better than a major of people in your life. Which also means you find me somewhat charming too, I may be behind your mom, dad, and Nora but I’m above everyone else. I take pride in that. Plus you're behind your mom, dad, and Nora on my list too, so we are even.”

Jaebum gave him a deadpan look, he couldn't really argue that because he had literally just told Bambam the same thing. He couldn't even complain because, like most things in Jaebum’s life, he brought this on himself.

“Hold on, wait just a minute! How am I below my parents and Nora for you!?” Jaebum said just realizing what Jinyoung said, he was lower than a cat, his own cat to be specific.

“Oh look at the time, we’ve got to go!” Jinyoung said getting in the car, Jaebum glared at the other with no effect.

“Don’t you try and change the subject! Yah, Park Jinyoung!” Jaebum yelled annoyed as he got in the car.


Youngjae and Mark got back to their dorm, Mark orders them food and as they ate, Mark noticed that Youngjae seemed to be thinking. Mark wasn’t going to address it but the younger seemed to be so in his head that his food was getting. “Your food is going to get cold if you keep staring at it. It is not going to magically get itself into your stomach by how intensely you stare at it.” Mark told the younger.

Youngjae snapped out his thoughts, “Oh sorry,” was all the younger said before proceeding to eat his food quietly. Normally, Youngjae was like Jackson, talkative for the both of them but he was so quiet that the only thing Mark could hear was the other boy’s chewing.

“I never knew you were capable of being this quiet and as peaceful as it sounds right now, what’s wrong? Your eyebrows are all furrowed and you’re frowning.” Mark asked.

“Nothing is wrong,” Youngjae said quietly, in a tone that obviously stated otherwise. Mark shook his head, “You say that but you look like someone stole your puppy. I would’ve thought that you’d be happy that Jinyoung and Jaebum made up, and they both accepted your apology and I decided to be friends with Jinyoung. “Mark said confused on why his roommate was so down.

“I’m happy about all those things, especially since you and Jinyoung hyung are friends now. It's just…” Youngjae started but trailed off at the end.

“It's just, what?” Mark urged the other to finish his statement.

“I…I mean…Ughhhhh.” Youngjae tried to speak but ended up frustrated with himself.

“I was hoping you’d follow up with words rather than sounds, you know, so I could understand it?” Mark said

“I’m being an idiot!” Youngjae whined, Mark couldn’t help but be amused at Youngjae.

“I’m sure you are but I should at least get, to know why?” Mark said not taking Youngjae’s issue seriously, but in his defense, Youngjae tends to make everything a bigger deal than it is.

“I…I’ll tell you but you can’t laugh or tell me I’m being ridiculous because I know I am,” Youngjae said embarrassed and frustrated.

“I promise,” Mark said hoping the younger will finally tell him why he is acting so skittishly and why he is sulking.

“I guess I’m kind of, not upset, but I can’t help but feel a bit sad because Jaebum hyung said he was going on a date with Jinyoung hyung. I mean I know that they are best friends and they are really close but did he really have to call it a date. Plus, I get that they're close but he's never so affectionate with anyone else. Jackson hyung tries to molest him on a daily basis and he just pushes Jackson hyung away. However, he has no problem when it is Jinyoung, he even got upset when you were flirting with Jinyoung hyung. Then he said that, that was his and Jinyoung’s thing so that means he flirts with Jinyoung hyung. Is it a joke, is it real, or is it friendly? Like, I know Jinyoung and him are friends but isn’t that a little overboard.” Youngjae said looking distressed.

Mark's amusement went away, “First, of all, I was flirting with Jinyoung. Secondly, you aren’t an idiot, you like Jaebum. It is reasonable you are jealous, it is a normal thing. I mean if I’m being honest, Jackson is far touchier than Jaebum is being and Jackson he doesn’t like me as more than a best friend. Jaebum, Jinyoung, and I went to the same school. People were afraid to approach Jaebum and he never approached anyone. I wasn’t in his class but I heard the rumors about him and everyone thought he was some gangster and were scared of him. Jinyoung was the first person to approach him, Jinyoung never listened to the rumors.”

Youngjae frowned, “What why would anyone said things like that about him?” Mark shook his head, “Jaebum’s family isn’t wealthy nor are they middle class. I think they make enough to live a humble life and he lived in a less wealthy neighborhood. Jinyoung’s and I’s school district was more middle to upper-class families, most of the people in our school went to the same elementary school and were pretty sheltered. Appearances were important, Jaebum didn’t live that type of lifestyle and he was different. The people in our school were immature they assumed anyone who is less fortunate was a gangster and Jaebum's face didn’t really help” Mark explained. Mark's family didn’t really care about those things, his family raised him not to judge anyone by their status but by their character. However, Mark wasn’t dumb he knew what type of people his class status grouped him with.

Youngjae looked upset, “That’s not fair! I mean I know Jaebum hyung’s face is scary when you first met him but he isn’t mean or gangster. You didn’t think the rumors were true, did you?” Youngjae asked because Mark and Jaebum never became friends until Jackson became Jaebum’s roommate.

“I didn’t really care, I heard them but Jaebum and I never overlapped much in middle school. I only knew about him from the rumors and then he was Jinyoung’s friend. After, I knew him as Jinyoung’s friend I didn’t bother to get to know him because of his association with Jinyoung. I didn’t know if the rumors were but my parents raised me to judge people on their character, so I didn’t really care about the rumors. However, after he was friends with Jinyoung I knew the rumors were just rumors.” Mark said.

“Huh? Why?” Youngjae asked, "If you never talked how did you know?"

“I may not have like Jinyoung at the time, but the thing about Jinyoung is he has a very strong sense of what is right and wrong. He would never be friends with Jaebum if he was really a bad person or a gangster. “

Youngjae nodded, that was true Jinyoung always observed people first and he often corrects their behavior or points out things he believes to be improper.

“Jaebum and Jinyoung became really close, everyone liked Jinyoung and he had other friends but he was never close to them like Jaebum. Mainly because he thought it wrong of them to just want to hang out with him and not Jaebum. Jinyoung was polite but people knew not to talk bad about Jaebum around him. There was this time, shortly after Jinyoung and Jaebum became friends, it was like a big thing that everyone heard about. One of the teacher in our school told Jinyoung they wanted to speak to him after class alone. Apparently, the teacher was asking if he was okay or if anything was wrong? Jinyoung was confused and asked the teacher if he was doing badly in class for the teacher ask him that, but he was doing as well as he always did. The teacher told him that Jinyoung seemed to be less friendly with people in the class and he usually only interacted with Jaebum, the teacher said that he was worried Jinyoung was being excluded or bullied. However, Jinyoung knew what he meant, he was really asking if Jaebum was bullying him. Jinyoung got defensive and denied that Jaebum would do anything like that. The teacher tried to backtrack and said he was worried because they were two different people and he said he was just worried that Jaebum’s bad habits would rub off on Jinyoung. Jinyoung got upset, it was obvious the teacher held bias to Jaebum and everyone knew it but Jaebum never cared.” Mark explained.

Youngjae got sadden and upset, “That’s terrible! They were adults and they treated him like that.” Youngjae was appalled, he never knew Jaebum went through something like that.

Mark nodded, “yeah it was and the worst part was Jaebum was waiting outside for Jinyoung and heard everything he said. Jinyoung told the teacher he was fine and that there's no reason to be worried, he stormed and he was pulling Jaebum down the hall. The teacher had called the principal because he thought Jinyoung would say he was being bullied, so as Jinyoung was leaving the principal came. They thought that Jaebum pulling Jinyoung and they out in the hallway, they even threaten to expel Jaebum. Jaebum must’ve been used to those kinds of things happening and didn’t care, but Jinyoung wasn’t going to have any of that. I heard that it was the first time anyone had seen Jinyoung angry, like full on anger. Jinyoung told them that the only bullies he saw were them, they were the ones picking on Jaebum and judging him. He told the teacher and the principal that they should be ashamed for treating a kid that way. He told them Jaebum was his friends and if they had a problem, then they were the bad influence, for trying to make him see their prejudices.” Mark told the younger, even his voice sounded upset.

Youngjae was feeling the same type of anger as early but worse, “What? Are you serious? The principal even acted like that?! How can Jinyoung hyung be more mature than them at the age?” Youngjae was fuming, that was just wrong.

Mark just nodded in agreement, “Apparently, Jaebum’s parents heard about it but the principal had just dismissed them and it made Jinyoung angrier. Jinyoung had his dad file a complaint and Jinyoung wrote eyewitness account a file a complaint with the board of education. The principal and teacher were fired and everyone knew not mess with Jinyoung and Jaebum’s friendship. The only person that Jaebum loves more than his parents would probably Jinyoung, they stick for each other no matter what. Jaebum probably never had a friend like Jinyoung before, I think that is why he acts that way.” Mark gave his opinion.

Youngjae nodded understanding their friendship a little more, “I mean that’s as much as I know but I’m sure there is more to their story but from my perspective, Jinyoung was the only person at that time that treat Jaebum without bias and prejudice.” Mark said explaining why he thinks Jaebum ask so different around Jaebum.

“You say it normal for me to act like this but now I only feel more ridiculous and now feel like a jerk for being jealous,” Youngjae said embarrassed he was jealous.

“I didn’t tell you this so you can feel bad but so you could feel better when you see Jaebum and Jinyoung interacting. I don’t believe it is a romantic thing although it comes across as one to other people. I’m telling you it understandable for you think that I don’t see it like that because I know this about them. I figured if I tell you why I think it isn’t anything romantic on either their parts that you’d feel less jealous. However, you have feelings for Jaebum so it is understandable and okay that you are jealous of that closeness they have. You don’t have to be embarrassed that you’re jealous, it only a problem when you let it affect your actions negatively.” Mark said reassuringly.

Youngjae sighed but smiled at Mark, “Thank you, hyung. I feel better, I usually tell Jinyoung’s thee things but it kind of about him so I can’t.”

Mark smiled, “I’m happy that you’re smiling again. However, you know you can still talk to Jinyoung about it if you want. I’m sure he wouldn’t judge you and he is better than me in this department.” Mark said knowing he didn’t fully reassure the other, he wasn’t Jinyoung this was more of Jinyoung’s forte. Jinyoung was objective and spoke better than he did, Mark was more of a person of actions, and he did do things to comfort rather than speaking.

“I know but I’d feel guilty especially now, he might even try to limit their skinship to make me feel better.”

“Isn’t that a good thing?” Mark asked confused, it not like Jinyoung wouldn't stop being a friend but limit his skinship around Youngjae sounds reasonable.

“For my feelings, yes, but it is fair to Jinyoung hyung or Jaebum hyung. I shouldn’t make Jinyoung feel guilty for how he acts with his friends. Jinyoung is always going to be his best friend that is a place that anyone can take, I’m jealous of their closeness like you said but Jinyoung earned that spot. I can’t help my jealousy but I know that it is wrong to come in between friendship. If I liked Jackson who you feel okay if I wanted you to stop Jackson from touching you all the time?” Youngjae explained.

Mark got his point but then again Mark and Jackson were a different story, “that’s different Jackson is very sensitive I would being hurting him too.”

“Yeah, it different because you are the one who has to choose and you know your best friend. We think we know Jaebum hyung but none of us know him like Jinyoung.” Youngjae explained.

Mark nodded, “I see your point. I guess all of Jinyoung’s talks actually made you more mature.” Mark said ruffling his hair.

Youngjae pouted, “Of course, it’s not like I ignored his words.” Mark chuckled and went to go wash his dish, “but thank you Mark hyung for real. Jinyoung hyung is the one who talks to me, I know it isn’t easy for to do these types of things.”

Mark scratched his head, “Jinyoung is better than me at talking, I’m more of an action person but I’m here for you anytime you need me.”

Youngjae smiles a normal sunshine smile this time, “I know thank you, you did a good job. You are like my dad and Jinyoung hyung is like my mom,” Mark blushed. “I pretty sure Jaebum is the dad and Jinyoung is the mom,” Mark refuted Youngjae’s claim.

“Yeah, Probably for Yugyeom and Bambam, and maybe even Jackson but it would be weird if I liked my dad. Plus, you and Jinyoung hyung fit the roles better for me.” Mark scoffed.

“I guess, I should happy that I’m the dad at least.” Mark said accepting the role, Youngjae grinned, “I guess but that just means I like Jinyoung hyung than you!”

Mark glared at him, “Hey!”


Jinyoung and Jaebum were still driving, Jinyoung was a good driver in Jaebum’s opinion. He assumed that the younger was going to be rusty at the very least seeing as he doesn’t normally drive to Jaebum’s knowledge. “You aren’t a terrible driver,” Jaebum said.

Jinyoung chuckled, “Thank you? I’m not sure if I should be offended or not by that or not. Did you think I was going to be a bad driver?”

“Well, to my knowledge I’ve never seen you drive, I don’t even know if you drove at all after getting your license.” Jaebum justifying himself.

“I mean I did pass the test, I should have some level of competency at driving, no? Jinyoung said amused with the conversation pushing away Jaebum’s thoughts that he was offended.

“Yeah, but you charm everyone you meet. I can’t be too sure that they didn’t just see your face and decide that you could pass.” Jaebum said now just playing with the other.

“For someone who rarely drives, you seem very judgmental.”

“I’m pretty confident I drive more than you do, when I go back home I’m the one who is driving all over the place.” Jaebum confident in his driving skills.

“Okay, hyung. It isn’t like you almost failed because of parallel parking.” Jinyoung said sarcasm.

Jaebum flushed, “Parking has nothing to do with the actual driving part. Plus, that was in high school, I’ve gotten better at parking.”

Jinyoung turned a corner, “Really now? It’s a good thing you say that because we are here, why don’t you should me your improved skills?” Jinyoung said smirking.

Jaebum flushed a bit more, “Wait a minute! I’ve never seen you park. It sounds like you are trying to pass off parking on me, are you sure that it isn’t you who can’t parallel park?” Jaebum said slyly trying to switch the situation on the other boy.

Jinyoung shook his head, “Okay hyung, you got me I can't park.” Jinyoung smirking as he effortlessly parallel parked in an open space. He looks over to Jaebum as he turned off his car, it took him at most 40 secs to park, and Jinyoung was grinning at Jaebum.

“Show off,” Jaebum muttered under his breath, Jinyoung heard it but choose not to hurt his hyung’s pride anymore and got out the car.

“Let’s go hyung. I’m hungry.” Jinyoung whined as Jaebum muttered to himself about his own parking skills.

Jinyoung rolled his eyes, the younger nearly dragged him into the restaurant, it wasn’t super fancy but it was more upscale than they usually went to.

“You know I had pay for Jackson and Bambam the other day right. This place better not bleed me dry." Jaebum complained not that he really mind paying for Jinyoung.

“Oh stop complaining, I won’t bleed you dry and I got you, your new job and I know it pays much better than your other job. You can afford this place and you have yet to take me out for getting you a new job. Why are you taking Jackson and Bambam out instead of me?!” Jinyoung complained.

Jaebum looked at him flatly, “First of all, I offered to take you out for as a thank you and it was a fancy place. You just paid and said you were congratulating me, and that I didn’t need to thank you. Second, of all Jackson and Bambam imposed themselves on me.”

“Listen, why are you talking about the past this is the present.” Jinyoung dismissing everything Jaebum said.

“You brought it up!” Jaebum said indignantly.

Jinyoung promptly ignored him and as Jaebum was about to go off on him, the younger spoke to the hostess.

“Hi,” Jinyoung greeted and effectively charming the girl, who was so flustered by Jinyoung causing Jaebum to roll his eyes because Jinyoung didn’t even try 95% of the time to charm people.

“Yes, how can I help you?!” The girl said obviously flirting with Jinyoung.

“Yes, we have a reservation!” Jinyoung said smiled and the girl burst into a giggling fit as if Jinyoung said the funniest thing she has ever heard.

“We do?” Jaebum asked, they just decided to have lunch when did Jinyoung have the time to make a reservation.

“What your name?” “Park Jinyoung.” “Oh, that is a handsome name, it matches,” the girl continued to flirt and Jinyoung continued to ignore it. Whether he intentional ignored her or was just oblivious was beyond Jaebum because both options were something Jinyoung would do.

“Yes, here it is! Oh, your other two party members are here.” The girl said showing them to their seat, Jaebum looked confused.

“Other party members? What is she talking about Jinyoung?”

“Well you see, I actually made this reservation a couple weeks ago. It is actually good we made up because I was ready to cancel before you came to my door.

Jaebum was going inquire more but his questions were answered when heard a voice, “Jinyoung-ah! Jaebum-ah! Ah! My sons, I’ve missed you 2!”

Jaebum turned to see his mom and dad, “Umma?! Appa?! What are you doing here?”

Jinyoung smiled and went over to hug Jaebum’s parents, “Umma! You’ve gotten even more beautiful than before!” Jinyoung said hugging the day first.

“Aigoo! How can you say that? Especially with a face like that, people would say that you're mocking me.” She said embarrassed but still blushing at the compliments. “No, they wouldn’t you’re the prettiest lady in here,” Jinyoung said flashing his famous eye smile.

The hostess coughed out loud and Jaebum was taken aback at her shamelessness, “Oh yes thank you.” Jinyoung said off-handedly to her. Jaebum smirked, the girl pouted and went back her post, when a pair called out for help.

“Jaebum-ah are you just going to stand there and not even greet your parents?” His dad called out, Jaebum got over his shock and went over to his parents. Jinyoung pulled away so Jaebum could hug her.

“Appa! You are even more handsome too!” Jinyoung said moving his charm to the next one.

His dad chuckled and unlike his wife took the compliment, “Of course, where do you think Jaebum gets his looks from?” Jinyoung laughed at Jaebum’s dad response.

“Oh, my! Jaebum-ah, listen to this old man speak. How can he take credit for my handsome son’s face? He can’t even figure out that Jinyoung is being polite. Jagiya! You should have some shame, how can you call yourself handsome in front of Jinyoung and your son.” Jaebum mom’s said embarrassed of her husband.

Jaebum and Jinyoung laughed at them, “Appa!” Jaebum called going to hug his dad too.

“Why did you guys come down here?” Jaebum asked his parents, it wasn't his birthday.

“Well your mom’s and I anniversary is Wednesday and it is our 25th one. So I decided that we should take a trip and we are going to Jeju-do for the week as a vacation. You usually come on our anniversary and we wanted to celebrate with you before we go. Your mother was talking to Jinyoung about this and he told us not to tell you, and then he told us that you had just got a new job and we should do a double celebration.” Jaebum’s dad said.

“Yeah, but Jinyoung called earlier saying he wasn’t going to make it and then he texted saying that he’ll be able to come. You worried me Jinyoung-ah I thought something happened to you, seeing that you were the one who planned it. So I thought an emergency came up for you to cancel.” Jaebum’s mom said sounding relieved.

Jaebum and Jinyoung looked at each sheepishly, “Ah, yes I’m sorry about that. Jaebum hyung and I kind of got into a fight yesterday. I was upset with him still so I didn’t want to come but we made up. I’m sorry I worried you umma.” Jinyoung said apologetically, he didn’t want to lie to her but definitely wasn’t going to tell that Jaebum almost got arrested yesterday.

“You two?” Jaebum’s dad asked to make sure he heard correctly.

“Omo! You two fought? Jaebum-ah! What did you do to upset Jinyoung-ah?” His mom asked scolding.

“Hey! How do you know it was my fault?” Jaebum asked offended, he parents were supposed to at least pretend to be neutral, if not be on his side.

“Son. You and Jinyoung have been friends for 7 years now. Jinyoung has only ever been upset with you once and that was the only time you two fought.” His dad said siding with Jinyoung too.

“Oh no! What happened? Something bad had to happen for Jinyoung to be upset with you?” Jaebum’s mom said worrying again after hearing his words.

Jaebum almost went paled he didn’t want his parents to know that he almost got arrested. “He was just having a bad day yesterday and so was I and he took out some of his anger on me. I was also not in a good mood yesterday and it kind of set me off too. It's fine now though, he came over to apologize and we made up. We didn’t mean to make you worry.” Jinyoung apologized again, both of Jaebum’s parents look relieved it wasn’t too serious.

“Oh good, I was worried. Im Jaebum how dare you take your anger out on Jinyoung-ah? You better not have said any mean things to him.” Jaebum’s mom said slapping his mom.

“Umma! I’m your son shouldn’t you be worried about me!” Jaebum said jealous, “Excuse you, if you are wrong I will not take your side.” Jaebum mom said coolly.

Jaebum pouted, his parents really like Jinyoung too much, “I’m gonna stop bringing Jinyoung home with me altogether if you guys are going to be on his side.” Jaebum said stubbornly.

Jinyoung shook his head at his hyung childishness, “You’re like a 5-year-old.” Jinyoung said sitting down. Jaebum's dad laughed because Jaebum may have got his pride from his dad but he got his mom’s stubbornness and childishness. “Well Jinyoung knows he is invited anytime, he can come freely he doesn’t need you to bring him.” Jaebum’s mom replied back equally childishly.

Jinyoung and Jaebum’s dad ended having their own conversations about the farm, while his wife and son bickered. “You know Jinyoung you should invite your dad one of these days to have lunch or dinner with us.” Jaebum’s dad said, his parents knew his mom passed away when he was younger. Only Jaebum and Mark knew that Mark was there for when it happened and Jaebum was the only person he told after the fact, he rarely talks about his family.

Jinyoung wasn’t purposefully hiding his background it was just he never talked about his family and nobody ever really asked, “Oh yeah he had been wanting to meet you guys and Jaebum for a while too but when we started high school my sisters went to study in America and he didn’t want them to be by themselves especially since they were girls. Then they graduated and he's been working in a new company branch.” Jinyoung said.

Jaebum mom looked at him they knew his dad was busy but they didn’t know he lived by himself for so long and at a young age. “Omo! Were you living by yourself for so long?” Jaebum mom said sadly.

Jinyoung smiled, “I was pretty self-sufficient but we also lived next door to my parents’ friends. I would see them every day and they checked up on me, they worried about me like their own children. Plus, my dad called every day and when my sister's terms were over he’d come back to Korea and stay with me.”

Jinyoung never had a problem with his situation he missed dad but he knew his dad cared for him and was okay with sharing him with his sisters, his dad would’ve never left him if he thought Jinyoung was incapable of taking care of himself.

Jaebum’s parents always had a soft spot for him especially when they realized he didn’t have his mom anymore they treated him like a son. “Aigoo! You grew so well.” Jaebum’s mom cooed at how independent and positive Jinyoung was, Jaebum just looked at his friend in even more respect than before.

They ate and caught up with each other, they waved goodbye to Jaebum’s parents after the all finally decided who would pay. Jinyoung tried to pay and got yelled at by all the Ims, while Jaebum and his parent’s fought over who got to pay. Eventually, Jinyoung had mediated and told them maybe they should split it, he tried to sneak in his card but Jaebum caught him.

Jaebum and Jinyoung got in the car, Jinyoung was still pouting, “I can’t believe you tried to pay after you made a big deal about me needing to treat you for making you so upset.” Jaebum said baffled.

“I was trying to get you to come here without questions being asked, plus it your parents' anniversary I wanted to pay as a present.” Jinyoung reasoned out.

Jaebum shook his head, “You’re ridiculous! I can’t believe you thought you were going to get away with that, with me and parents there. You barely get away with trying to pay with me alone, you thought my parents were going to let you. My mom is still complaining about how you were so sneaky she didn’t even see you pay during your lunch date with her.” Jaebum said scolding the younger.

Jinyoung pouted and muttered about how people with the last Im were ganging up on him, Jaebum shook his head. Jinyoung called him childish but the younger was just as bad as Jaebum when he wanted to be.