Three

College Days

Jaebum was seriously regretting his life decisions, he should've left and gone back to the dorm. He should've headed straight to his bed, this was a bad day and he shouldn’t have entertained it anymore. He could’ve gone to sleep and he would've woken up, and the day would’ve been over. Jaebum is considering the possibility that he might be a masochist because he puts himself in situations that are 100% going to make his life miserable.

Jaebum, Bambam, and Jackson confronted the weirdo that they saw stalking Jungkook and Yugyeom. Only to find out it was Namjoon, who is Jackson’s friend and Jungkook's close hyung. Somehow by reasons unknown to Jaebum he was roped into following Yugyeom and Jungkook on their date. He is not quite sure why he is still following them and then realized that he can just leave. Which was what he was about to do, he really was but then Bambam spoke.

“He just bought condoms! I was joking when I told him to go easy on Yugyeom! How can he think that he could he and Yugyeom are ready for ? They just got together about an hour and a half ago!” Bambam whispered loudly.

Jaebum stopped in his tracks and looked at the two and saw Jungkook smirking at Yugyeom, the big baby was fully red-faced. Jaebum’s eyes narrowed, his eyes were nonexistent at this point if you were to ask Jackson or Bambam, but they had enough sense to not tell the older that.

“What is wrong with Jungkook?! How can he think he can just hook up with Yugyeom on the first date! I'll

Kill him!” Jaebum said seeing red. Bambam and Yugyeom may be annoying little s that he wants to kill 99% of the time, but he will go to jail for murder before he lets anyone disrespect or hurt his maknaes.

Namjoon, on the other hand, was not keen on Jaebum threatening his maknae, “I understand, Yugyeom is your dongsaeng but Jungkook is mine. So watch what you say about him, I’m not gonna let just threaten him.” Namjoon said firmly, as he glared at Jaebum.

However, if there is one thing that can piss off Jaebum, it was when his friends or people he cares about are being disrespected. Jaebum was seeing red right now and Namjoon challenging him right now wasn’t the best thing for his rage at the moment. Jackson and Bambam could feel the tension between the two, Jackson tried to calm down Namjoon while Bambam worked on Jaebum.

Sadly, Namjoon crossed a line that should not be crossed, “It's not like Yugyeom is objecting to Jungkook’s advance. So, if I were you I wouldn’t sit on a high horse thinking your maknae is innocent. He isn’t even upset that Jungkook is basically saying he is going to top, so he obviously is looking for d*ck.” Namjoon said, annoyed that Jaebum is making seem like Jungkook is a bad influence.

Jackson and Bambam eyes both widen, Bambam, if it had been any other situation would have ripped Namjoon throat out for what he said about Yugyeom. However, right now his only worry was the fact that Jaebum was going to kill Namjoon and he couldn't bail Jaebum out of jail.

Jackson and Bambam were helpless before they could even flinch at the growl that came out of Jaebum’s mouth, Jaebum pounced on Namjoon. Jaebum was still seeing red but now everyone was seeing red too, Jackson and Bambam were sure that Jaebum broke Namjoon’s nose. Namjoon’s blood was getting everywhere and it didn’t look like a fair fight. It looked like one of those animal channels where a loin would pounce a zebra, Jaebum was the Lion and Namjoon was the Zebra.

To Namjoon’s credit, he did try to fight back but Jaebum was wailing on him with such power and speed it wasn't doing much. Namjoon barely was able to block his face, Bambam and Jackson tried to pulling Jaebum off Namjoon but he was too pissed. Every time they got somewhat of a stable grip on him he pulled away and continued trying to mold Namjoon face into the Pavement.

At this point, Yugyeom and Jungkook noticed the commotion behind them and saw two people fight or more like one guy plummeting some poor guy into the ground. However, Yugyeom recognized Bambam and Jackson pulling the guy punching. That when he recognized the face, “Jaebum hyung!” Yugyeom exclaimed, Jungkook looked closely too, Bambam and Jackson used all their strength and was able to pry Jaebum off the other guy. The guy wobbled and Jungkook realized that it Namjoon and mirrored Yugyeom, he cried out in equal shock to Yugyeom, “Namjoon hyung!”

Namjoon got up enough to pounce at Jaebum as Jackson and Bambam held him, Yugyeom and Jungkook looked at each other before running over to their friends.

Jackson now pulling Jaebum back on his own and Bambam went to hold back Namjoon because Namjoon may have gotten a few good hits when Bambam and Jackson held Jaebum back. However, that didn’t do much, it was obvious Jaebum was much stronger and would beat this out Namjoon. Who already took a bad beat down which was the only reason Bambam could hold him back. However, Jackson couldn't hold back Jaebum alone.

Yugyeom and Jungkook both went to help Jackson hold back Jaebum, “What the hell is going on Bam?!” Yugyeom yelled, with three people they finally successfully held back Jaebum. Bambam struggled at little to hold back Namjoon but the older boy wasn't in a good condition to actually break free.

However, before Bambam or Jackson could explain anything, they were cut off by an extremely enraged Jaebum.

“You are lucky they are holding me back. When I get my hands on you are dead! How dare you insinuate that Yugyeom is some ? I'll break your jaw if you don’t know how to speak!” Jaebum growled and Jungkook gasped.

“Namjoon hyung! Why would say that!” Jungkook yelled.

“F**k you! You threaten to kill Jungkook in front of me! Don’t think I’ll let you slide or say like that!” Namjoon growled. Now it was Yugyeom’s turn to be shocked and disappointed, “Jaebum hyung!”


Youngjae was passed out on his desk, he finally finished his assignment and he couldn't hold back his sleep anymore. Jinyoung was holding Youngjae’s computer proofreading his assignment for him when a started to feel cold. Mark was still in the living room playing video games. Jinyoung went to see if Youngjae had any sweaters but Youngjae literally put everything to wash, even his blankets. Jinyoung frowned and went over to the laundry room, but Youngjae forgot to put his clothes to dry. Jinyoung sighed and went back to proofreading, Mark noticed Jinyoung wandering around.

“What are you looking for?” Mark asked after Jinyoung sat down and he finally noticed Youngjae knocked out. Jinyoung wasn’t going to tell Mark he was cold, Mark would problem just tell him that he should go back his dorm then.

“Nothing.”

Mark looked at Jinyoung and rolled his eyes, he is being civil with Jinyoung but the other was being dismissive of him. Mark was about to turn back to his video game when he saw the other shiver and rub his arms. Mark looked at him, a little longer and Jinyoung kept trying to hug himself and tried not to shiver.

Mark got up and went to his room and picked out a hoodie, “You are really ridiculous, if you’re cold you should say something instead of just sitting there freezing,” Mark reprimanded, as he held out the hoodie to Jinyoung.

Jinyoung was about to say he wasn’t cold, but he shivered before he could even lie. Mark smirked at the younger, Jinyoung internally cursed his body but took the sweater. Jinyoung was very reluctant to in accepting the sweater, which didn’t go unnoticed by Mark. Mark took much satisfaction in the fact that he kept getting Jinyoung to give up his stubbornness.

Although, Jaebum was Jinyoung’s best friend Mark has known him longer and Jinyoung knew Mark longer than Jackson. Mark didn’t realize how much they knew about each until earlier today when Jinyoung causal said Mark didn’t like Eggplant. Jackson doesn’t even know that and Mark realized he is probably the only one who knew that Jinyoung didn’t like pasta. They weren’t friends now but they had to spend a lot of time because of their family and when they were little they were friends and spent a lot of time together, they just came used to each other’s habits and knew small things about each other.

Its ironic Mark has spent a whole lot of time being an and hating on Jinyoung, but he probably knew the younger better than any of their friends did. The sad part is that Mark used to like Jinyoung and they were pretty good friends before they got to middle school age and people start comparing them. Mark wasn't a bad student or a rebellious teen but he wasn’t as excellent of a student as Jinyoung and he wasn’t an overachiever like Jinyoung. So when everyone compared him to Jinyoung when they younger they formed insecurities in Mark.

Mark never felt insecure before when his dad and Jinyoung’s dad were rivals, he and Jinyoung were learning about their family business separately. There was never room to compare the two, but when the merge happened Jinyoung dad spent less time in the office and his dad took it upon himself to teach Jinyoung and Mark the businesses. At first, Mark didn’t care about the comparisons, Jinyoung and he heard them and ignored them. However, when he found out about his dad’s plan to leave his company to Jinyoung to run when he retired, Mark felt like maybe the comparisons had merit to them. He never wanted to run the company but he felt some type of way when his dad didn't trust him to run it. He was really hurt about that but didn’t want to admit it and he used Jinyoung as a scapegoat and took out his insecurities by being an to Jinyoung.

Mark was still staring at Jinyoung, the younger tried ignoring the stare but Mark was really just staring at him with an intense look. Mark was lost in his thoughts, it has been a while since he had actually been alone with Jinyoung and the other acknowledged him. Mark finally realizes that he has been acting like a brat and he has been mistreated Jinyoung for something he had no control over.

Mark sighed and leaned against the desk, Jinyoung looked at Mark, the elder looked distressed. Jinyoung had to fight the urge to ask if anything was wrong as his motherly instincts were kicking in, but he knows he and Mark aren’t really in a place where he could ask if Mark was okay. Mark's face contorted into a deep frown, as time went on and he was still looking at Jinyoung. But seeing as Jinyoung was looking at Mark and the older boy seemed not to notice, Jinyoung concluded the older was deep in thought.

Jinyoung knew he probably shouldn’t but Mark's frown was deepening and Jinyoung couldn’t ignore it. “What’s wrong?” he asked in soft tone making sure it didn’t sound abrasive or even slightly mocking.

Mark snapped of his thoughts and was about to snap at the younger out of habit but stop himself. “Nothing, I’ve just realized, I’ve been an .” Jinyoung looked with wide eyes at Mark but he didn’t want to jump to conclusions, so he stayed quiet until Mark spoke again.

“I’ve been mad at you for so long and being an , I’ve never let myself be around you long enough to realize that you aren’t a terrible person. I don’t even remember why I disliked you so much anymore, I just got so used to being cold and harsh, that is had become an automatic reaction.” Mark lied he knew why he didn’t like Jinyoung, but his pride wouldn’t let him tell Jinyoung the truth. Honestly, there was a little fear that Jinyoung would be mad at him and their roles would be switched because Mark had a childish reason for hating him.

“Until today I forgot how long we’ve known each other and I realize we were actually pretty good friends before. I know, I’ve been an and you haven’t done anything but if you want, maybe we can try to be friends. I know it is my fault we have become so distant and it will be really awkward. Or you might just dislike me because of how much of an I’ve been. However, I’ll stop now, I know this probably doesn’t mean much and it is a pretty y apologize because I don’t even know why I started being a douchebag. But if you're willing we can try to be friends again, I’m not an , contrary to how I’ve been acting for the past 6 years.” Mark said looking guilty.

Jinyoung was shocked he never expected Mark to ever apologize for anything to him, he should question the elder intentions. However, even though Mark was an for the past 6 years, Mark was right they’ve known each other for a long time and he knew Mark wasn’t a cruel person.

He was still a bit hesitant but he actually really missed Mark, they were good friends before the elder started acting up out of nowhere. The fact that Jinyoung was still in love with him after all these years made him push past his wariness. “I’ve never hated you, Mark hyung. You were the one who started acted differently out of nowhere.”

“I know, I’m sorry…Wait you don’t hate me?”

Jinyoung shook his head, “I’ve been trying to figure what it was I did all this time. I just dismissed you because I didn’t want to fight with you, you were always so aggressive for no reason. I didn't have the same hostility even though you were harsh. I still remembered the hyung who used to hold my hand when I was scared or the hyung you play with him because my sisters didn’t want to play with me. I’m not sure if I can just forget everything over the past 6 years, but if you really want to try to be friends again, I can forgive you.”

Jinyoung looked at Mark with an unsure look, Mark smiled at him and nodded. Jinyoung relaxed and smiled back, and Mark felt attacked. He forgot what it felt like to have that eye smile directed at him. Jinyoung was adorable and used to be Mark’s favorite dongsaeng because of that cute eye smile.

“Are you done helping Youngjae?” Mark asked Jinyoung, the younger boy still not used to Mark talking to him like a normal person. He was about to nod and then realized that he didn’t have to be so cautious around the other anymore.

“Yeah, I was just proofreading for him but I just finished,” Jinyoung said saving the file and printing out a hard copy, leaving it on top of Youngjae laptop. Jinyoung got up and stretched, it was awkward, now that there was no animosity or tension between them, neither of them knew how to act towards each other.

Jinyoung didn’t know what to say or do, so he just decided to leave because it was getting really awkward, real quick. “Since I’m done here, I should probably leave. Although, we’ve agreed to be friends you are probably tired now from practice. I should get going, thanks for letting borrow your clothes, I’ll clean them before I return them.”

Mark smiled, “its cool. You look good in them, I might let you keep them,” Jinyoung blushed. Mark used to compliment him a lot when they were younger. The older boy used to call him cute or adorable all the time but it has been awhile, it made Jinyoung flustered hearing it. Mark liked the fact he was still able to make the younger blush, Jinyoung even as a child was used to compliments of how handsome he was. However, when it came to Mark, his compliments seemed to have an effect on Jinyoung. It gave Mark hope that they can get back to the relationship they once had.

Mark didn’t want the other to leave yet, now they agreed to try and work on their friendship, Mark didn’t want them to leave on awkward terms. “Umm I’m not really that tried, I was supposed to hang out with Jackson but he ditched me. I didn’t think that dinner took that long, do you want to stay over a bit and play some video games?”

“Um” Jinyoung hesitated to answer Mark and the elder took it as Jinyoung not wanting to stay but not want to say it. “But if you’re tired I understand, you don’t have to stay if you don’t want to,” Mark said not wanting to force Jinyoung to stay. It was obvious that the other would be skeptical around Mark.

“No, it is not that... it’s just that…well, video games…” Jinyoung trails off not completing his sentence, but Mark remembered the younger was never good at video games and Mark used to have to teach him. Mark even used to let Jinyoung win, so the younger wouldn’t get discouraged. Mark smiled, “Come on it is not a test Jinyoung. I’ll teach you, don’t have to be good at it. You should do stuff other than studying.”

Jinyoung frowned, “I do other stuff. I’m on the dance team and the football team.” Mark chuckled which eased Jinyoung’s frown to a pout.

“Those are both very competitive things where you have to perform well in. This is just for fun, you don’t have to win.”

Jinyoung looked unimpressed, “It’s a game hyung the point is to win.”

“Not when you are just playing with friends, yeah you want to win but it more about the enjoyment of the game.”

“I see no difference, I enjoy dancing and football even though I strive to perform to the best of my abilities to win,” Jinyoung said defending Mark subtle accusation that Jinyoung is uptight.

“Okay, fine you, win it’s the same thing. How about this we play video games and I’ll teach you? Next time you get to pick the activity and we do.” Mark said as he handed Jinyoung the controller.

Jinyoung looked at the controller weirdly but pick it up, “Okay.” Mark smiled that meant Jinyoung was willing to hang out with him again. Jinyoung also had a smile because Mark was seemingly serious about making an effort to be friends.

The two got in about 3 games of Mortal Kombat X, which left Mark feeling like he has been played because Jinyoung won the last two games. However, Jinyoung’s phone rings and the younger boy gets up abruptly with a panic look on his face.

Mark got up also noticing the complete change in Jinyoung’s demeanor, “what’s wrong?”

“Bambam just called…” Jinyoung started but was interrupted by Mark phone, Mark picked up and ended up mirroring the same expression as Jinyoung.

“Jaebum is at the police station?!” Mark said to Jinyoung after his called, “Yeah, Bambam just called me!”

Mark and Jinyoung got their stuff, “Wait maybe we should leave Youngjae a note.” Jinyoung shook his head, “he won’t take this well. He is terrible with high tension and stressful situations. Plus, this specific situation will definitely make it worse.” Mark assumed that Jinyoung meant their friends be at the police station, but Jinyoung meant their one particular friend who is in trouble.


Bambam, Jackson and Yugyeom were with Jaebum, there was a police officer was talking to him but Jaebum wasn't replying. The cop was getting annoyed and the guys were worried that Jaebum would actually go to jail. Jackson, Bambam, and Yugyeom were trying to get Jaebum to be cooperative before he actually got thrown in jail.

Mark and Jinyoung had rushed to the police station, Mark drove because Jinyoung kept muttering to himself how he is going to kill Jaebum. He definitely could see the savage and unsympathetic side of Jinyoung that Jaebum was always complaining about.

“Jinyoung hyung!” Bambam hyung called out in relief, “Mark hyung!” Jackson and Yugyeom called out. They were happy to see other two because Yugyeom and Bambam had no idea what to do and Jackson equally as flustered Jaebum and Mark were the more responsible ones.

Jinyoung walked over to Jaebum, “excuse me officer, what seems to be the problem?” Jinyoung asked respectfully.

However, the police officer was already annoyed with Jaebum and another college kid was just another headache for him. “Are you his lawyer? I don’t think so. This is a police station, not a bar or some college party. None of you kids need to be here, your friend here is getting arrested, and I’m done with all this nonsense.”

Jinyoung demeanor took a complete change, “Good because I have no patience for your attitude nor your sloppiness. Do you have a complaint or grievance filed with my friend? No, you got called to break up a fight and the other party isn’t here. Did anyone press charges? No, because the other party involved has yet to come to the police station nor did they call the police. So, you have no grounds to detain my friend any further, unless the other party presses charges against my friend, you have no reason to hold him here. I’ve paid for his release and I can assure that the other party isn’t pressing charges because they also were fighting with my friend. Maybe if you did your job properly, you would have saved yourself some time and spare yourself a headache. But instead you laze around asking useless questions and didn’t allow my friend a phone call and that is against his rights. So, you should be lucky that I’m not his lawyer because you’d have a lawsuit on your hand. You have no reason to arrest him and unlawfully booked him, so if I were you I’d get rid of the fingerprint card before you lose your job.” Jinyoung said evenly and eerily calm which made him scarier.

The police officer was taken back by Jinyoung’s presence and how articulate he was, he cleared his throat. “Fine, get him out of here. Don’t let me see any of you back in here again.” He said trying to be intimidating but Jinyoung glared at him and he found himself sitting down before he registered the action in his brain.

Jinyoung held on to Jaebum’s elbow, “Let’s go hyung.” He said his voice still even and his face void of emotion, Mark lead the rest of them to the car. They got in, “Mark hyung, how come you and Jinyoung came together?” Jackson asked now finally grasping the situation. Jackson question went unanswered because Jinyoung cut off any room for anyone to put any input in the conversation.

“Im Jaebum, have you lost your mind or are you just dumb?” Jinyoung asked sharply, Jaebum was silent and pissed off. “Jinyoung hyung, I don’t think you should talk about this now,” Bambam said scared because anger still radiated of Jaebum. “When do you suggest I talk about this with him Bambam? When he is arrested a second time because he is acting like a and beating up people?” Bambam flinched at Jinyoung's tone, his words were harsh but he had no emotion in his voice. “Hyung, Jaebum hyung was only defending Yugyeom and his still mad so this isn’t really a good time.” Bambam tried to reason not wanting to seem like he was picking sides.

Jinyoung turned his head around and looked at Bambam narrowing his eyes, “Oh no, I know what he was doing because I called Jungkook after you called me and talked to him and Namjoon. I heard what happened from Namjoon and heard your version of the story. Neither story warranted this kind of behavior nor does it justify Jaebum getting arrested. You and Jackson couldn’t have used your common sense and knowledge of Jaebum to think maybe stalking Yugyeom wasn’t a good idea.”

That shut Bambam up instantly, “I don’t give F**k if his pissed off because he wasn’t the one who got a call from you frantic, saying his best friend was being arrested. So he can be upset all he wants because what Namjoon said didn’t give him an okay to beat Namjoon up. Not only is Yugyeom an adult, he is old enough to date and he can decide what he wants to do with his life. All of you had no right to follow him and Jungkook, you all brought this upon yourself."

Jinyoung glared at all of them, “When someone disrespects you or someone you care about, that doesn’t give you a right to hit them. Only an idiot lets themselves lose control and fight, if he had a brain he could have easily figure out a not violent solution. I'd talk to Namjoon and told the implication of his words were not appropriate or called for, he agreed to not press charges. Beating some up just cause more problems, you have a brain for a reason use it, all of you!” Jinyoung voice was filled with a warning tone, which gave off the vibe of “challenge me and you’ll see what I mean”.

The rest of the car ride was deathly silent, less than 5 mins later they were back on campus. Jaebum got out the car and was ready to walk off to his room. However, as Jaebum realized much earlier this really wasn’t his day. Jinyoung grabbed his elbow and stopped his movement. Jaebum turned to tell whoever it was to piss off but he was met with the face of his best friend and the look disappointment on Jinyoung’s face knockout out all the rage in Jaebum system.

Jaebum visibly deflated and his arm went limp in Jinyoung’s hold, “You should apologize and thank Mark hyung, for coming out at 12 a.m. to get you from jail and driving you back.” Jinyoung said and it was worded as a suggestion but the tone the younger boy used said otherwise.

“Thank you, Mark hyung,” Jaebum said and now that all his rage has left, it sounded sincere.

Mark waved it off, “it’s fine, and as long as you guys are all safe it is good. You should probably get some sleep, you must be…” Mark sentence was cut off by the very intense glare Jinyoung gave him, almost as scary as the one he used with the police officer.

 

“It isn’t fine! I’ve told you plenty of times about your rage, you could’ve seriously hurt Namjoon. I don’t care what he said, I am not saying that I think him insinuating that Yugyeom is a is appropriate but you can’t attack people because at the end of the day you're the one who gets in trouble. Namjoon was going to press charges on you, what would happen if I couldn’t convince him to not do that? You’re allowed to be upset Jaebum, but you aren’t allowed to get angry and enraged to the point where you can't think rationally. We’ve gone through this before you know better.”

Jaebum was trying hard not to say anything he’ll regret but Jinyoung was making it seem like Jaebum hasn’t changed since high school. He had a bad temper before but he has chilled out, this is the first time since sophomore year of high school he has gotten this angry. Yet, all the progress he has made since then to now, doesn’t seem to mean anything to Jinyoung. He can understand Jinyoung being upset but the younger didn’t even ask him if he was okay or anything yet. Jinyoung is supposed to be Jaebum’s best friend, even Mark reassured him that it’s okay as long as nobody was seriously hurt. Yet, all Jinyoung seemed to care about is the fact that the situation could’ve been worse, even though it wasn’t.

“Jinyoung, I get I’ve inconvenienced you and you had to come bail me out of jail. You must’ve doing something very important because you are so pissed at me. That you did even ask your best friend he if is alright and you have dropped the hyung from my name. However, Mark hyung who has been on your case for years and been a complete to you gets the hyung added to his name. You can forgive him a person you don’t even know but your best friend gets no slack. So what you are you two friends or something now, you don’t any clothes remotely close to the hoodie and shirt you're wearing, but has a striking resemblance to Mark's hyung clothes. Is he your new best friend now? I’ve defended you every time he has been harsh to you but yet gets the hyung added on to name. I guess I must’ve been the only who thought we were best friends.” Jaebum said coldly.

Everyone was still, Jaebum and Jinyoung never fought, now they all actually noticed that Jinyoung was wearing clothes that didn’t match his usual wardrobe. Jackson looked at Jinyoung closely, “Mark hyung, isn’t that your favorite shirt?” Mark looked like a deer caught in headlights, he was only trying to be friends with Jinyoung not cause problems with him and Jaebum.

“Listen Jaebum, I…” Mark started to say, Jinyoung cut him off seething, “Are you serious?! You really think that I am not being a good best friend? Am I supposed to just pretend that you didn’t do something stupid? You expect me to congratulate on not getting arrested? Or the fact this happened outside of school, so you avoided expulsion? I won’t sit around relieved that you avoid jail time because you seem to think that because Namjoon's wrong voids your wrongdoings. I don’t care what Mark hyung thinks or anyone else, they aren’t by best friend. I can forgive Mark hyung easily because he isn’t my best friend, I don’t hold him to the same standard I hold you. I’m not ignoring the fact that for years you’ve held your temper and worked on bettering yourself. I know all of that, which is why I’m so disappointed that you were willing to destroy everything you work so hard to do, because of a something Namjoon said.

Jaebum looked at Jinyoung, he wanted to kick himself because of course, Jinyoung was his best friend. Of course, Jinyoung was pissed he promised the younger in high school he’ll never let someone idiocy ruin his life. He sent someone to the hospital for hitting Jinyoung, he snapped and got expelled and a juvenile recorded that was now expunged. However, no college wanted to accept him because of it. Jinyoung helped him fix his mistake and he promised Jinyoung then he will never let his rage ruin his life. That's why his parents like Jinyoung so much they were so upset thinking that there son they work so hard for, would not get to go college and lose the opportunity for better a life than them. Jinyoung helped Jaebum fix his grades and temper, and helped line up specs that luckily got him get into college.

“Jinyoung-“

“No, don’t! This is where you apologize to me right? You were angry and didn't mean it, right? You got mad and didn’t think before speaking. Let me tell you something Jaebum, I’ve been by your side for years, I know how hard you worked to get into college and get a scholarship. I was the one who helped you and I saw how much you struggled. I was also there when you open your acceptance letter and you told your parents. Both your parents and I were so proud of you that was the proudest moment I’ve had as your best friend. I had to see the looks of disappointment you had every time you got a rejection letter and how ashamed you were when your parents saw them, but they pretend that it wasn't sad for them knowing college wasn’t going to be something that you could have. It is because of all that, I can’t be relieved that you aren’t in trouble, because just like the police officer, when something like this happens that all people will see when they look at you.”

Jinyoung let out a frustrated sigh, “I was so angry when I heard how the police officer talked about you. He doesn’t know you, he doesn’t know what you’ve gone through or how good of a person you are. He spoke as if you were some delinquent and looked at you as if you were some wannabe gangster. I know you aren’t, it is maddening to have people treat like you are one. However, I can’t blame them for judging you because that what people do, they pass judgment before even knowing a person. You have so much potential and are so much more than your mistakes, but guess what no one will see that or care about that if you get arrested or if they see you beating up someone. All that matters to them is what they can see, whether or not they have the whole story.”

Jinyoung walked to Jaebum, who looked couldn’t look him in the eye, and put his hands on Jaebum shoulder.

“Look at me!” Jinyoung commanded, Jaebum looked up at him and finally Jinyoung’s gaze soften.

“I care too much about you to stand by and let you destroy your life. If you want a best friend who will just be by your side and not call you out when you’re doing something stupid, then your right maybe, I’m not your best friend because I won’t ever do that. I won’t allow you to limit the possibilities you could have in life or lower yourself to a standard that you surpass by miles. This moment right now is the most disappointed I’ve ever been with you as a best friend, you are better than this. I am appalled by your recklessness, I’ve always respected you as hyung but right now I’ve lost respect for this person you are portraying. I won’t add hyung to your name because your actions today don’t deserve my respect. You aren't the person I know to be my best friend when you let your rage take over, you become a different person. You become a person I don’t know and I don’t respect. I know Jaebum hyung, my best friend, and this isn’t him. So when you find him again let me know because you’re right I don’t want to be YOUR best friend, this you is irrational and reckless.”

Jinyoung let go of Jaebum shoulders and walked away without even as a glance back to him. Which is probably best because Jaebum was just standing there looking at Jinyoung’s back, as tears fell from his eyes. “Jaebum hyung!” Bambam gasped out, they've never seen Jaebum and Jinyoung actually fight or mad at with each other. They all were speechless they didn’t know want to say or do, Jaebum was the last person they ever thought they'd see cry. Jaebum didn’t even give them a chance to even attempt to say something, he just left.