Four

College Days

Youngjae woke up, he was still a bit sleepy but then his memory started to come back slowly. The last thing he remembers was finishing his paper and giving it to Jinyoung to proofread. His head snapped up so fast it cracked, “Jinyoung hyung- Ow! Ow! Ow!” He yelled out feeling bad that he fell asleep on Jinyoung, that’s when he was noticed he was on the couch with a blanket.

He sat up properly and looked around for Jinyoung but his eyes caught the time from the T.V stereo system. It was 10 a.m. he was supposed to hand his assignment to his professor at 8:30 a.m. “OH NO, I OVERSLEPT!” Youngjae yelled loudly, whining, he can’t believe he spent all that time doing the work only to oversleep and missed the deadline.

“Oh my god! I’m dead. Jinyoung hyung is going to kill me for being so irresponsible!” Youngjae was freaking out and knocking himself on the head, hoping some kind of common sense would make its way in there.

Youngjae was freaking out and panicking again, he was being so loud that Mark heard him from in his room. Mark’s door opened and the elder came out scratching his head and yawning. “Yah! Choi Youngjae, its Saturday! Why are you making so much noise?” Mark said sleep still in his eyes, Youngjae eyes widen and he turned around quickly.

“Oh! Mark hyung, I’m going to die!” Youngjae yelled dramatically and flung his self onto Mark. Mark wasn’t expecting the sudden weight to be thrown on him and stumbled, luckily he was athletic or the two of them would be on the floor.

Mark held on to Youngjae’s waist and stabilized them both. “Yah! Can you not just fling yourself on me without warning? You have to take care of your body, you’re an athlete, what if you get injured?” Mark scolded.

Youngjae pulled himself out of Mark’s hold, “Sorry Mark hyung,” the younger said calming down. Mark ruffled his hair, “It is okay, just be careful next time. Now tell me why you are yelling?” Mark said gradually becoming more awake.

“I’m so dead. I meant to put an alarm last night so I could wake in time to submit my assignment, but I forgot too. I thought I was going to take a quick nap and Jinyoung hyung would’ve woke me up before he left but must’ve put me on the couch to sleep before he left.” Youngjae sighed.

“I put you on the couch when I came back,” Mark said.

“You did? You went out last night?” Youngjae asked curiously, Mark didn’t usually go out after he showered. The older usually liked to stay in, to begin with, it is only when Jackson drags him out that he goes outside.

Mark thought back to last night, Youngjae noticed Mark’s silence he was about to ask what was wrong when his room door opened.

“Why are you guys so loud?!” Jackson said as he came out of Youngjae’s bedroom yawning.

Youngjae looked so confused, “I thought you were with Jaebum hyung last night. Why are you coming out of my room?” Youngjae asked, he wasn’t mad or anything but Jackson never sleeps over.

Mark and Jackson looked at each other but didn’t say anything, Youngjae was asleep so he didn’t know anything about last night. Both Jackson and Mark were still in shock over what happened, Jaebum and Jinyoung are the more mature and sensible ones of out of the 7 of them. They still didn’t know what to make of the situation, the tension was so thick yesterday none of them address the situation after both Jaebum and Jinyoung left.

Youngjae was confused at why the two were being so quiet, but he then remembered his own problem and Jinyoung. “You know what never mind, I don’t have time to wonder about you two being weird, Jinyoung is going to kill me when finds out I didn’t submit my assignment. Ugh! But he is the only one who can help me! I have to go beg for his forgiveness!” Youngjae said talking out loud.

Mark's and Jackson’s eyes widen, Jinyoung is probably still upset, and all of them were planning on staying away from both, Jaebum and Jinyoung until they cooled down.

“I got to go see Jinyoung hyung, I’ll be back later!” Youngjae said.

“NO!” Jackson and Mark yelled out in unison.

Youngjae flinched on the loudness, he looked at them weirdly.

“What is wrong with the two of you?!” Youngjae said holding his chest, the two of them scared the life out of him.

“You can’t see Jinyoung!” Jackson said quickly, Youngjae looked at him confused.

“What are you talking about Jackson hyung? Is this about your weird obsession with Jinyoung hyung? Because if it is I don’t have time for this,” Youngjae said as he turned to leave.

Mark grabbed his arm before he could take a step, “No, listen to us. Jinyoung isn’t in the best condition right now.” Mark said vaguely. Jackson looked at him with a worried look and it set a panic in Youngjae.

“Okay, you two are scaring me, what happened to Jinyoung hyung? Is he okay? Why isn’t he in good condition?!” Youngjae said quickly in a panicked voice.

“First off all, you need to calm down nothing is wrong with Jinyoung. Well, at least not physically, he is most likely still upset from last night.” Mark said trying to calm Youngjae down. The younger was terrible with high-stress situations, which is why Jinyoung said not to wake him up last night.

Youngjae's mind started to race, what happened after I fell asleep? The younger thought. Youngjae’s eyes narrowed, “What did you say to Jinyoung hyung! I know you have issues with him but he has literally done nothing to you! Why are you upsetting him? He didn’t even bother you last night. Is it because you had to lend him a shirt last night? Then you should be mad at me, not him. Don’t take your anger out on Jinyoung hyung!” Youngjae said angry at Mark, the older is the only reason Jinyoung could be upset because Jinyoung rarely lets anything upset him to the point where he wouldn’t want to see anyone.

Mark felt his irritation rise but calmed himself, it is only natural Youngjae would think that Jinyoung is upset because of him. Honestly, he’d believe that more than if someone said that it was because of him rather than Jaebum upsetting him. Mark was there for the whole incident and still could believe Jinyoung and Jaebum fought.

“Hey! Now Mark is an , but this time it wasn’t him who pissed Jinyoung off!” Jackson said defending his best friend, Mark is a world-class to Jinyoung all time but he is still Jackson best friend and Jackson not going to let anyone accuse him of something he didn’t do.

Youngjae deflated, “You didn’t do anything?” Mark shook his head, Youngjae sighed, “What is going on?”

“Okay, I’m a need you to promise not to freak out?” Mark said.

“Why wo-" “I need you to promise me Youngjae!” Mark said again firmly.

“Fine! Whatever, I promise you! Just tell me what is going on?” Youngjae sighed out frustrated.

“Okay, last night Jackson called me and Bambam called Jinyoung to tell us Jaebum was arrested and all of them plus Yugyeom were in the police station-“Mark said calmly.

“What?!—“Youngjae yelled.

“Hold on, he is fine! Everyone is fine, Jinyoung and I went down there. Jinyoung sorted everything out!” Mark said quickly because Youngjae looked like was about to explode.

“What happened?” Youngjae asked quickly.

“Well, I don’t really know the details but apparently, Namjoon said something that insinuated that he thought Yugyeom was a and Jaebum got pissed and they fought. Jaebum got so mad he beat the out of Namjoon in the middle of the street. Some store owners nearby called the police and they came to break up the fight. Namjoon went to the hospital and Jaebum refused to talk to the police, Jinyoung and I went to the police station. Jinyoung got Namjoon not to press charges and got Jaebum out of the police station without anything going on his record. However, when we came back Jinyoung got really mad at Jaebum and Jaebum was mad that Jinyoung was blaming him for everything. Then they got into a verbal fight and we didn’t know what to do.” Mark said trying his best to summarize the situation.

“It was a bad fight too! Jinyoung told Jaebum hyung he didn’t know who he was but he wasn’t his best friend and he was like he was disappointed in him. He even called him by his name without hyung, he told Jaebum hyung that he didn’t deserve his respect. I've never seen Jinyoung talk to anyone like that and Jaebum hyung cried, I’ve never seen that either.” Jackson said.

Mark glared at Jackson because his summary was one-sided and it made it seem like Jinyoung was being completely heartless. He knew that was not what Jackson meant to do but the Hong Kong boy forgot that Youngjae wasn’t there and he didn’t put Jinyoung’s words in context.

“What? How could Jinyoung hyung be so heartless to Jaebum hyung? Jaebum was wrong but Jinyoung hyung shouldn't have said that to him, Jinyoung hyung is supposed to be his friend!” Youngjae said, his feelings for Jaebum getting in the way of rational thinking.

“I can’t believe him!” Youngjae said angry and stormed out the dorm, Mark and Jackson were stunned, and Youngjae didn’t get angry at Jinyoung ever.

Mark slapped Jackson on the head, “You idiot! You made it seem like Jinyoung lashed out for no reason on Jaebum.”

“Ow! That hurts. Jinyoung didn’t lash out for no reason, Youngjae should know that!” Jackson said not getting what he did wrong.

“You idiot! Youngjae wasn’t there to know that and you didn’t give the context for his reaction. All Youngjae knows is that Jinyoung yelled at Jaebum, who defending Yugyeom, and Jinyoung was made him cry because that's all you said.” Mark said hitting him again.

“Youngjae likes Jaebum. He jealous of you half the time that is why you and he are always fighting!” Mark said like it obvious, which it was to Mark but not everyone else.

“He likes Jaebum?!” Marked rolled his eyes, “You are so oblivious! Let’s go before Youngjae says something he is going to regret to Jinyoung.

Jackson finally realized what he did and the two of them rushed out to Jinyoung dorm.

 

Yugyeom got up early to meet up with Jungkook, the other told him that Namjoon was going to be fine. Jaebum did a number on him but it was all just bruises and swollen areas, nothing broken. Yugyeom was relieved to hear that, he didn’t want Namjoon to be hurt over him. Yugyeom had apologized to him but Jungkook said his hyung was wrong too, so he doesn’t have to apologize. Yugyeom told Jungkook what happened afterward and Jungkook was surprised to hear that Jinyoung and Jaebum fought. Even people outside of their friend group knew how uncharacteristic it was for Jinyoung and Jaebum to be mad at each other.

Yugyeom and Jungkook talked some more and the shorter boy reassured Yugyeom that Jinyoung wouldn't have gotten that mad if he didn't love Jaebum. Yugyeom was worried for his hyungs, but he did feel comforted by Jungkook words. Yugyeom thought about what his boyfriend told him, that it was best not to let things fester, Jaebum and Jinyoung shouldn’t let their pride get in the way. One of them should apologize first, and Jungkook said he thinks it should Jaebum because he is in the wrong.

Yugyeom entered his dorm and saw Bambam in the kitchen, Bambam turned around and saw Yugyeom. “I made breakfast,” Bambam said with a sheepish look on his face, Yugyeom glared at him. The other reason Yugyeom left so early was that he wanted to avoid Bambam, he was sure that his best friend was the reason Jaebum got roped into following him and Jungkook.

“Not hungry,” Yugyeom said and he left to go to his room.

“Come on! Yugyeom, I said I’m sorry! I shouldn’t have followed you and Jungkook, it was wrong. I won't do it again, I promise!” Bambam pleaded with this best friend.

Yugyeom turned around and his glare sharpened, “It is not even the fact you followed us Bambam! I know you have no boundaries with me but you invaded Jungkook's privacy too!”

Bambam frowned, “I know but Namjoon was following you guys first. We only followed you because he was being creepy and we thought some weirdo was following you,” Bambam said trying to defend himself.

“Yeah, and then you joined him in following us, and roped Jackson hyung and Jaebum hyung into it too,” Yugyeom replied sharply.

Bambam shut his mouth, he was going to defend himself but Yugyeom continued on talking.

“Bambam, you pried into something that was none of your business. Look what happened? Jaebum hyung isn’t the only one at fault, you helped bring this whole situation to life. Don’t think because Jaebum hyung hit Namjoon sunbae-nim. And Namjoon sunbae-nim pissed Jaebum hyung off that they are the only ones wrong. If you didn’t continue to follow us and instigate Jaebum to do so too, then this wouldn't have gone this far.” Yugyeom said upset with Bambam.

Yugyeom stared at Bambam waiting for him to say anything but he remained quiet. Yugyeom scoffed, “Now, you have nothing to say!”

Yugyeom shook his head and headed to his room, “I’m sorry. I never wanted this to happen.” Bambam said in an uncharacteristic, quiet voice. However, it was the remorseful and guilty tone of the voice that Bambam had that stopped Yugyeom from going to his room.

Yugyeom sighed and let his hand leave the doorknob, “I know that. I know that, Bam.” Yugyeom said softly and walked over to his friend.

Bambam looked up at Yugyeom, “I didn’t think any of this would happen. I just…You’ve been in love with Jungkook for forever and I just couldn’t help myself. You’re my best friend, I know I don’t say it often but I love you and I never want anything to hurt you. I didn’t mean to follow you but I was worried. You’ve never really dated anyone and you’ve got Jungkook on this pedestal. I just needed to make sure he’d treat you right, I worry about you.” Bambam said sincerely.

Yugyeom face softened, “I am big boy Bambam, and I am bigger and stronger than you. I can take care of myself and Jungkook is a gentleman to me. His hyung is in the hospital because of my hyung and yet, he was concerned about if I was alright. He is a good person, you don’t have to worry.”

“Physically, you are bigger but mentally you are too kind to people. Sometimes you don’t see the world as it is, that is what worries me not everyone in the world is as nice as you. People take advantage of people like you because you're so trusting. You know Jungkook but I don’t, I can’t trust him so easily. I was wrong, I know that but it wasn’t because I am nosey. I am not defending my actions but I did it because I was concerned about you.” Bambam said sadly.

Yugyeom sighed he couldn’t stay mad at Bambam for long, especially when he lets his guard down like this. Yugyeom hugged him, “Can you just tell me next time you’re worried and trust me? I know you are looking out for me but you can’t protect me from everything. Especially, when it comes to this, accepting Jungkook as my boyfriend means I’m willing to risk getting hurt if he turns out to be different than what I thought. It is a risk I’m willing to take, but I’m sure he won’t hurt me. You have to let go of me, it doesn’t mean you care less but you want me to be stronger.”

Bambam hugged him back tightly, “I know, you’re right. I guess I have to accept the fact that I’m not the number 1 guy in your life anymore. I can’t beat Jungkook anyways with your lovesick mind. I’m sorry, I’ll be less evasive. You have a boyfriend and I need to take a step back.”

Yugyeom pulled away with a frown, “You don’t have to step too far back. Hey! Just because I have a boyfriend doesn’t make you any less important in my life. I still love you and not even Jungkook could take your place in my heart or my life. I’m just making room for him to have his own place. So don’t think you are getting rid of me, I never had a boyfriend before I need you to help me pick out my outfits for dates and tell me I’m being irrational when freak out about Jungkook,” Bambam chuckled.

“Of course, I’ve waited forever for you to come to me for outfit advice. You definitely need my help, you’re good looking not as good looking as me but that's why you have me. I’ll show Jungkook all your beautiful assets.

Yugyeom rolled his eyes, “And you’re back!”

They bickered about Yugyeom clothes, until Yugyeom face fell, “What’s up with the face?” Bambam ask knowing something was going on his best friend’s mind.

“I am worried about Jinyoung hyung and Jaebum hyung. I thought that Jinyoung was being a bit harsh on Jaebum hyung but he did have his own reason for being that mad. Jaebum hyung was wrong, but I never seen him cry before, I think Jinyoung really hurt his feelings. However, Jinyoung has never been that mad before and he knows Jaebum hyung the best. I don’t know their background but from Jinyoung hyung’s perspective and seeing how the cop treated Jaebum hyung, Jinyoung hyung is right.” Yugyeom said conflicted, he didn’t want to pick a side to be on but it seemed like it wasn’t something that could be fixed with a simple I’m sorry.

Bambam sighed, he thought a lot about it last night and this morning also, it was usually Mark and Jackson who fight that Jaebum would mediate. While Jinyoung mediated Yugyeom's and his fights, none of them encountered Jinyoung and Jaebum fighting they spoke roughly with each other but that was their friendship. None of them have actually ever seen either of them angry with one another, those two were #friendship goals around the campus.

“I know, I’m worried too. I didn’t think it was possible for them to fight or get angry with each other. Jinyoung hyung is usually sarcastic and blunt with Jaebum hyung but it rolls off him and Jinyoung doesn’t even bother when Jaebum insults him either. It feels like our parents are fighting they usually take care of our fights, not the other way around.” Bambam said Yugyeom nodded in agreement.

“We can’t just leave them like this, it is kind of our fault,” Yugyeom said guilt and worried.

“Yeah, it is. Plus, Jackson and I kind of pissed off Jaebum hyung prior to the Namjoon incident.” Bambam admitted.

Yugyeom narrowed his eyes, “What did you guys do?”

“We were arguing and got kicked out from the family restaurant near the school and we got him banned, on top of the fact he paid for us,” Bambam said embarrassed.

Yugyeom groaned, “I can’t even deal with you, you and Jackson hyung should’ve known better.”

Bambam felt bad, “Maybe we should go to Jinyoung hyung and let him know that Jaebum hyung isn’t total to blame.”

Yugyeom nodded, they weren’t sure what good it would do but maybe it will help ease Jinyoung’s anger with Jaebum. Realistically, they couldn’t make the situation any worse than it already is.


Jaebum stared at his ceiling, puffy-eyed and his throat hoarse. He had cried himself to sleep, it has been years since Jaebum has cried. Jaebum always had Jinyoung by his side whenever he was going through a rough patch or a difficult situation. He hadn’t need to cry because his best friend always had his back no matter what, he was never alone. However, this time he was actually all alone, Jinyoung said he didn’t know Jaebum anymore.

That killed Jaebum, if there was anything that was constant in his life, it was Jinyoung. Jaebum wasn’t like Jackson or Yugyeom, he didn’t trust people easily. He wasn’t like Mark or Bambam either, people didn’t flock to him or initiate conversation. He certainly wasn’t Youngjae, he didn’t project a joyful presence or innocence that people couldn’t help but be attracted too.

Jinyoung was the first real friend he had, they met in middle school and it wasn’t like Jaebum didn’t have friends. However, the friends he attracted weren't the best influence and Jaebum got in a lot of trouble as a kid. He worried his parents a lot, his family wasn't well off they didn’t struggle but they just got by. His parent were both high school dropouts, his dad was a farmer and mom worked in the markets. He parents sent him to school that was out of his district, they didn’t have a high level of education. They wanted more for Jaebum so they spent a lot of money to send him to a good school district when he got older, they didn’t like his friends.

He transferred to Jinyoung’s and Mark’s middle school, that’s how he met Jinyoung. Their school district was filled with mid to high-class kids, Jaebum didn’t fit in. He didn’t have the things they had and he definitely wasn’t the type of person people could bully. So Jaebum was ostracized, his face as handsome as it was, scared off most people. People were too scared to approach him and Jaebum felt too judged to approach anyone.

Jaebum had a bit of an attitude problem when he was younger and built really high walls so he didn’t get hurt. He got away with being rude because people in his new school thought he was a thug because of his background.

That was until one day, he met Park Jinyoung, everyone in school was too scared to tell Jaebum anything. Jinyoung never really came across Jaebum before because they had been in different grades. However, when Jinyoung got to middle school they allowed him to skip a grade, and he ended up being moved into Jaebum’s classes. Jaebum was used to being late and the teachers thought low of him because of his background. They wrote him off as a delinquent and didn’t bother to reprimand him. Even though Jaebum was late no one ever dared to take his seat that was until Park Jinyoung.

Jaebum had walked in class and found someone in his seat, Jaebum narrowed his eyes on Jinyoung. Everyone watched them, even their teacher watched in an uncertainty of how Jaebum would react. He stopped in front of the class and then proceeded to walk up to Jinyoung and just stood in front of him, Jinyoung looked at him confused and eventually asked him if he was going to sit down. That’s when Jinyoung asked if they had assigned seats that the teacher said he could take a seat anywhere. Jaebum had told Jinyoung that he didn’t know about assigned seat but that was his seat. Jinyoung had replied with an’ I don’t see your name on it so I guess that makes it my seat’. Jinyoung refused to move, so Jaebum ended up sitting next to Jinyoung, the younger even pestered him to pay attention and take notes. At first, he ignored Jinyoung but his death stares did nothing to the boy.

All throughout the rest of the day Jinyoung ended up sitting in all of Jaebum's seats in every class. By the time their third class rolled around Jaebum gave up on telling Jinyoung to move and just sat next to him. Then by their fourth class, Jaebum figured he might as well not even attempt to nap because Jinyoung would annoy him the whole time to listen. Then they had lunch and Jinyoung followed him to his lunch table, Jaebum was irritated at that point and asked him what he was doing. Jinyoung had replied that they had been sitting together all day so he might as well sit together at lunch. Jaebum at this point knew there was no point in arguing with Jinyoung, he was even more stubborn than Jaebum. When they got to their last couple classes Jinyoung didn’t need to nag or repeat himself anymore. Jaebum has just sat next to him and listened as he took notes.

Jinyoung had been more relentless than their teachers and more pestering towards Jaebum, just to get the other to stop nagging he figured he’d just do what Jinyoung wanted. It went like that for a whole week and then Jinyoung was sick, Jaebum had felt lonely when he realized that he wouldn’t see Jinyoung all day, he had tried to go back his old habits but he figured Jinyoung would have pestered him for notes when he came back. He knew how serious the other was about his studies so Jaebum had tried his best to take diligent notes. Jinyoung came back the next day, Jinyoung had asked Jaebum what he missed and Jaebum had given Jinyoung his notebooks. Their teacher had notice Jinyoung asking Jaebum for notes and told Jinyoung she had notes from class for him and handed him a paper.

Jaebum had frowned and went to take his books back, he felt a bit cheated, he did the notes for Jinyoung and he tried really hard to make them neat and well organized. He didn’t want Jinyoung to know that, but Jinyoung had looked at the notes and handed them back to their teacher. Jinyoung has told her that it was fine, Jaebum’s notes were better and took back Jaebum notebooks. Jinyoung had complimented Jaebum saying his notes were neat and really extensive, Jaebum felt a smirk tug on his mouth their teacher was speechless. Then Jinyoung turned to Jaebum and said 'I knew I pick a good person to make friends with' as he flipped through the notes.

Jaebum had never had someone genuinely try to be his friend before and Jaebum couldn’t help but think then that he was glad that Jinyoung picked him too. From then on the two of them were inseparable, Jaebum’s grades started to rise and he began to come on time to school. Jinyoung's influence on him was a good one and his parents were very happy, not only because Jaebum’s grades got better, but Jaebum seemed much happier as the days went by.

Jaebum felt a tear roll down his face, thinking back to when he first met Jinyoung only made him feel worse. Jinyoung was the first person to make Jaebum feel like he was good enough to be in the school. Jinyoung was the first person to stand up to him and the first person to tell him something straight. If Jaebum was an Jinyoung called him out, if he was doing something wrong Jinyoung called him. Jinyoung was the first person to see Jaebum as Jaebum and not by his status or his face.

Jinyoung was the first person that made him feel like he could be more than what he thought his self-worth was. Other than his parents, Jinyoung was the first person to care about him and his wellbeing. Jaebum knew he messed up the moment he saw Jinyoung’s face when he walked in the police station. He was so angry yesterday he spoke without thinking, and he said things to Jinyoung regretted now. He was wrong and he knew he was but Jaebum was a prideful person and for some reason seeing Jinyoung in Mark’s clothes when he was supposed to be with Youngjae and hearing Jinyoung call Mark hyung, made Jaebum snap.

He has defended Jinyoung from Mark and treated Jinyoung better than Mark, but yet Mark was forgiven so easily. He could tell something happened with those two, there is no way someone as stubborn as Jinyoung would willingly wear Mark’s clothes if they didn’t come to some agreement or truce. Plus, Mark was interacting with Jinyoung on his own accord and Jinyoung wasn’t ignoring him, Jaebum was sure they came to some truce. However, that made Jaebum jealous why is Mark so different, Mark has always been different. Jaebum was his best friend yet Mark as got a free pass when it came to Jinyoung.

Jaebum let his emotions get the best of him last night and that caused him to lash out at Jinyoung. After he heard Jinyoung’s feelings he realized instantly he was wrong, Jinyoung had every right to be upset. Jaebum promised Jinyoung never to let his rage get the better of him, he promised himself he’d never let his temper ruin his own opportunities. Jaebum held his friends in high regards and was very protective of them. Jaebum doesn’t trust people easily but he was very loyal and had his friends back because he doesn’t take people insulting his friends.

Jaebum sat up in his bed and wiped his new tears that formed, he cried a lot earlier that he couldn’t believe he had any more tears to shed. Jaebum isn’t someone who sheds tears easily but it is funny how he can’t seem to stop them now. He made a mistake, a big mistake but he let his anger and pride take over yesterday that’s where he really messed up. Jinyoung was stubborn and had a very strict ideology of what is wrong and right, but he doesn’t get angry easily. Jaebum and Jinyoung have never a fight as big as this before, the only time Jinyoung ever got mad at him was in high school when he got in trouble for beating some up but even then it was this bad.

Jaebum got out of bed and went to the bathroom he couldn’t let this situation get any worse, he had to apologize to Jinyoung. He couldn’t lose his best friend, Jinyoung was the only person in his life other than his parents that cared about Jaebum and liked him for who he was, Jaebum loves his other friends too but they didn’t know him before he made an effort to change, they knew the better Jaebum. Jinyoung was the only one who knew the old Jaebum and still decided to be his friend.

Jaebum washed his face, he probably should take a shower because he just went to bed when he came back but he didn’t want to lose his nerve to see Jinyoung. He took his phone and his keys and left to go to Jinyoung’s dorm, he sighed he didn’t know how Jinyoung was feeling but he knew he needed to apologize.


Youngjae felt his insides burning after hearing Jaebum cried and was almost arrested yesterday, not only he was upset that Jinyoung made Jaebum cry. But Jinyoung knew about his feelings for Jaebum and he didn’t tell Youngjae about, he let Youngjae sleep through it while everyone else was there for Jaebum. Youngjae was feeling guilty he couldn’t be there for Jaebum at a difficult time and he feels like Jinyoung should’ve still told him regardless of what he would’ve done.

Youngjae got to Jinyoung’s door and knocked on it harshly, there was no reply and he waited for a little to see if the door would open but it didn’t. He knocked harder and still got no reply, “Jinyoung hyung!” Youngjae yelled out loudly the anger seeping into his voice

He was going to knock again after he heard no reply, but he heard the door unlock and was met with an emotionless looking Jinyoung. In any other situation he would’ve been worried, but right now his feelings for Jaebum were blinding everything else rational in his mind.

Jinyoung registered the anger on Youngjae’s face he wasn’t sure why the younger was angry but he wasn’t in the best mood at the moment to help anyone with anything. “Youngjae, I’m not really feeling well today can we talk later,” Jinyoung said there was fatigue laced in his voice. However, the younger was too in his feelings to recognize it, just then, an out of breath Jackson and Mark came into Jinyoung line of sight. “Youngjae!” Mark called out. “Wait a minute Youngjae!” Jackson heavily breathing, barely got out.

Jinyoung was confused but before could say anything, he saw Yugyeom and Bambam walking to his door. Then not even two seconds later Jaebum showed up, Jinyoung wasn’t sure why everyone was here. He was sure it at to do something with yesterday but he couldn’t be bothered to talk with anyone right now. He was still upset with Jaebum and lacking sleep. Jinyoung was going to tell them all that he wasn’t up to for anything right now but quickly got interrupted by his original visitor.

“Hyung! I can’t believe you could be so heartless! Jackson hyung and Mark hyung told me about yesterday, I can’t believe you left me back but on top of that. As bad as the situation was how could make Jaebum hyung cry! You had to say some really harsh things for him to cry. He is your best friend and he defends you whenever anyone talks about you. How could just attack him with no concern for his feelings? People make mistakes and it wasn't like he got in fight without a good reason. You are supposed to have his back no matter what. Jackson told me that you told him you were disappointed in him, I’m disappointed in you!” Youngjae blurting out causing everyone to freeze, Yugyeom, Bambam, and Jaebum were confused on what was happening. Mark and Jackson looked like at the scene with faces of ‘oh !’ they didn’t get there in time. While Jinyoung initially had a stunned face but as Youngjae spoke his face gradually went back to its emotionlessness.