Fourteen

College Days

Jaebum and Youngjae finished up their dinner, Youngjae thought it went well. He was worried he was going to be a nervous wreck, which he was at first, but Jaebum made it so comfortable for him. He ignored Youngjae’s obvious awkwardness and continued the conversation and it flowed naturally. They both had a passion for music which is of course how they started out their conversation, they had a lot in common musically and they both had been talking about the type of music they like. They even talked about the music they have both been composing and producing. Neither of them realized it, but they were so into the topic and that they already confirmed a second date with each other. Youngjae had been talking about a song he was working on but was having trouble finishing it. Jaebum offered to himself as a second pair of ears to see if he could help with listening for what was missing.

Youngjae had heard some of Jaebum’s work before, seeing as he is a senior, their professor used one of his past works as an example in Youngjae’s class. That was how Youngjae first came to know Jaebum, at first he just heard the song Jaebum made and then he heard Jaebum's voice, and Youngjae was mesmerized. Youngjae ended up asking his professor his freshman year to hear some more of Jaebum’s work and Youngjae fell in love. He was a fan and from that day on he was on the lookout for an Im Jaebum but he never ended up running into him. His professor told that it wasn’t likely for him to run into Jaebum until his sophomore year because the older had already completed all his fundamental classes.

Youngjae met Jinyoung through the football team and he was a freshman, he was a good player but overpowered realized quickly that everyone else was too if not better. He was one of the smaller guys on the team but he luckily made tryouts and was on the stick-like. However, all freshmen were subject to ball boy duties during their first year and had to go through skills training, they trained separately. Apparently, very few people made it on the team their first year. The only people on their current team was their captain and the team’s striker. Youngjae at the time only met the captain who had been at tryouts, the starting lineup practiced separately from the rest of team.

Youngjae had met Jinyoung in an interesting way, he had thought that Jinyoung had been another newcomer to the club like him and was talking up a storm. Jinyoung was very quiet but he learned later that he was talking too much that Jinyoung didn't have room to break in and correct the younger. The younger had mistaken Jinyoung for someone of his own age and talked in banmal with Jinyoung. It wasn’t until the coach came in and called out for Jinyoung, that Youngjae finally realized that Jinyoung was the team’s striker. Not only was he the striker, he was two years older than Youngjae and that he was the one running drills that day. Youngjae had been nervous and scared that he made a bad impression, Jinyoung was kind and told him it was fine.

From that day Youngjae found another person to idolize other than Jaebum. Jinyoung became like a real hyung to him and a second mother, according to the other football members. It wasn’t until probably after a week meeting Jinyoung did they become really close and Youngjae became his tail. Much to the younger’s surprised Jinyoung introduced him to his best friend,

Im Jaebum. Which lead to Youngjae spazzing out and running into a glass door, one would think that was the worst of it. No, nope. Youngjae managed to cut his head leaving him with a 6 in. wide and 2 ½ in. deep gash.

Even more interesting than his first meeting with Jinyoung, was his first meeting with Jaebum. Technically his first meeting was when Jinyoung introduced them and he squeaked, then proceeded to knock himself out. However, his first meeting that he talked to Jaebum was promptly 30 mins after the first in the hospital, well more like Jaebum talking to him. Jinyoung and Jaebum had taken him to the hospital and the first thing Jaebum asked him, was if 'he was dumb or stupid who runs without looking ahead of them'. Which got Jaebum hit by Jinyoung for being an insensitive . Jaebum rubbed his arm and asked Youngjae if he was okay 'because Jinyoung will blame him' if the younger wasn’t. Youngjae registered the voice, as the one in the demos that he has been idolizing, and the heaven-sent voice was being directed towards him. Youngjae then proceeded to pass out and Jaebum got attack by a very pissed of Jinyoung for looking too scary and injuring his ‘little otter’.

Jaebum and Youngjae had a very distant relationship in the beginning, quite literally because Jaebum wouldn't come within 100 ft. of the boy, out of fear that the younger would pass out or injure himself. Jaebum was worried his face was scaring the younger and Jinyoung would kill him if the boy got injured again after coming in contact with him. However, Jinyoung and Jaebum found out that the younger was fanboying rather than being scared. Eventually, Jinyoung figured Youngjae had a crush on his best friend before Youngjae even figured it out.

Jaebum paid the waitress and the two left the restaurant, Youngjae felt bitter sweetness fill up his body. He honestly did not trust himself to be normal, he knew he was bound to mess up this date some way. However, it was good, more than good it was amazing. Youngjae didn’t want it to end, he was bound to revert back to awkward, nervous, loud mess that he normally is around Jaebum. Youngjae smiled at Jaebum, “Thank you for paying but the dinner. You didn’t have to though we could have split the bill.

Jaebum shook his head, “No, we couldn’t have. I asked you out on the date which means that I am paying for you.”

Youngjae’s smile widens a little more after hearing Jaebum’s stubborn answer. Youngjae found it cute Jaebum was always all chic, but after hanging out with him and Jinyoung he found out how cute Jaebum could be.

“I really enjoyed tonight Jaebum hyung, thank you.” Youngjae said shyly, Jaebum looked at him with a confused look, “Are you sure you enjoyed it?” Youngjae was thrown off by the question, “What? Of course, I did hyung!” Youngjae said with passion.

“Well, why are you sounding like you want to end our night early then?” Jaebum asked with a smirk and Youngjae was sure that Jaebum was smirking on purpose because he had to know that he looked y like that.

“You planned something else?” Youngjae said genuinely shocked that Jaebum had to time to plan out more than one thing. Jaebum had spontaneously asked on a date and Youngjae figured that they would just go out to dinner. Which was fine with Youngjae because any time with Jaebum was fine with him but the effort he put in made in Youngjae’s heart flutter.

Youngjae was so consumed with his thoughts that he didn’t realize Jaebum walking closer to him. It wasn’t until he felt something brush against his hand and then he felt a firm grip on hand. He looked down at his hand and realized that someone was holding his hands, “ah you—umm”.

Youngjae brained malfunctioned all he could do was look up at Jaebum, Jaebum let out a small smile that he usually only gave to Jinyoung.

“We wouldn’t want you to walk into another glass door, now would we?” Youngjae blinked rapidly and then pouted realizing that older was teasing him.

“That’s not funny hyung! I was so nervous and you were looking at cool and I always had wanted to meet the angelic voice I’ve always heard in class. Then I saw you in person and you were gorgeous, and I thought god was unfair you can make someone have a voice like that and also make them look like how you do.”

Jaebum look at the little fit Youngjae was having and couldn’t help but find it adorable, Jinyoung was right almost everything Youngjae does is cute. Jaebum took the time that Youngjae was ranting about his looks and voice to interlock his fingers and maybe he blushed at all the compliments that the younger was giving him.

Youngjae blushed and held on a little tighter than necessary to Jaebum’s hand, Jaebum noticed but did say anything about he figured he shouldn’t to tease the younger too much. He’d much rather not have to add a stop to the hospital on the list of the things they did on their first date when people ask how about it.

Jaebum caught himself, he was already thinking ahead of himself about telling other people about their first date when they aren’t even together yet. He blushed even hard when he realized that he said yet, Jinyoung is going to have a field day with this new information.

Mark felt calmer and more content right now hugging Jinyoung, he never realized how much he missed Jinyoung. Jinyoung was his first friend but he was also Mark’s favorite friend and when he stopped talking to the younger he never realized how he closed himself off. Mark was sociable and had a lot of “friends” but he never let anyone close enough to him like he did with Jinyoung. Jackson came the closest but still, he didn’t know him like Jinyoung did and Mark would never let Jackson come this close to him willingly.

He never noticed it before but after Jinyoung, he started to realize how his other ‘friends’ differed from Jinyoung. Jinyoung used to care about him and listened to him, his friendship with Jinyoung was always genuine. Unlike his other so-called friends who either liked him for his money and looks or popularity, Jinyoung wanted to be his friend because he was Mark for his good and his bad. Mark was never one to worry about people’s status or superficial attributes they may or may not have, so he didn’t realize at first that people treated him differently.

Mark was actually a very affectionate person, most people didn’t know that, while Mark was friendly to people he was close. Even Jackson who was a walking hug machine got the same cold response whenever he tried to overly affectionate. Jinyoung had always found that strange, he may have always tried to ignore Mark but he couldn’t stop noticing him. The one thing that he kept noticing is that he never really let anyone close to him or hug him, but when they were friends Mark would love to cuddle.

Mark was so cozy he didn’t realize that he drifted off to sleep, he forgot how relaxed Jinyoung made him. It was easy to fall asleep in Jinyoung’s presence, Jinyoung was used to Mark falling asleep when they cuddle because usually, he would but he forced himself to stay awake. Jinyoung was struggling to stay awake, he knew that he had to go meet Sehun at the Gym.

Jinyoung felt his phone vibrate in his pocket, he let out a content sigh as he gently lifted himself off of Mark trying not to wake up the other. He sat up on Mark’s hips and checked his texts, it was indeed Sehun who text. Jinyoung panicked thinking that the other was already at the Gym waiting for him but luckily he was just texting to tell Jinyoung he just left his dorm.

Jinyoung was about to get up and get a blanket for Mark, the other looked peaceful and he did want to wake him up. Especially, seeing how fast he fell asleep, Jinyoung figured that he must’ve been really tired. Despite, Jinyoung’s efforts the elder beneath him stirred awake and his eyes fluttered open. Although to Jinyoung’s credit he wasn’t the reason that Mark stirred awake, it was actually because Mark started to feel cold after losing Jinyoung body heat.

Jinyoung mentally scolding himself for waking the elder up, “Hey,” he said softly as Mark looked at him groggily.

Mark as he hummed and sat up as he saw Jinyoung getting, “Where are you going?” Mark asked in a sleepy tone.

“Gym. Sehun.” Jinyoung said trying to jog the elder’s memory although it hasn’t been long since he told Mark he was going to the Gym.

Mark pouted remember that Jinyoung was going to hang out with Sehun instead of cuddling with him. “I was going to get you a blanket and let you sleep some more, you must be tired seeing how fast you fell asleep. I’m sorry, I was trying to make as little movement as possible.”

Mark saw the regretfully face that Jinyoung had on and all he could think of was cute, the younger boy was still cute. “No, don’t worry about it wasn’t your fault. I just felt cold, I didn’t even feel you get up at all.” Mark said reassuring the younger that he wasn’t at fault.

“I go get you a blanket and you can go back to sleep if you want,” Jinyoung said softly not wanting to talk too loudly in case the older wanted to go back to sleep.

“Or you can just lay back down and keep me warm. Then again we were much smaller when we used to cuddle, but now you seem to be bigger than me now,” Mark said pouting. He didn't like that the younger was bigger than him now, it hurt his pride. Then again Jinyoung's hugs did feel even better, Jinyoung held Mark in tighter and they were extremely warm. Surprisingly, it wasn't a big difference in height but overall broadness and bulkiness Jinyoung was significantly bigger. Evidently, Mark had come into new information that told him that Jinyoung happened to be ‘bigger’ than Mark in other 'ways' too.

Mark started to blush heavily and he mentally scolded himself for thinking about Jinyoung like that again. Jinyoung didn’t pay any attention, seeing as he was on his phone when Mark looked up.

“Well, I was just going to let you nap while I left to go meet Sehun, but I can walk you back to your dorm on the way.”

Mark pout turned in to a full-on frown, “So you are kicking me out?” Mark said in a deadpanned voice.

Jinyoung looked at him with wide eyes, “No. I wasn’t kicking you out but seeing as you are up now and I’m leaving, I figured that you’d rather go back to your own dorm.” Jinyoung was thrown off by the accusation and the change in Mark’s demeanor. He looked at the other flustered, trying to explain himself.

“Leaving?” Mark questioned, forgetting temporarily that Jinyoung said he was going to the gym with Sehun.

“Yeah. I told you that I was going with Sehun to the Gym. I already spent too much time here. I was planning on being at the Gym already, but luckily he is only now leaving his dorm. I hate to keep people waiting.” Jinyoung told the other, who was pouting at the end of his statement. That is when Mark was reminded of Jinyoung’s pet peeve. The younger hated when people made others wait for them or when people are late when they planned to be somewhere at a specific time.

“Ahhhhh, I guess I forgot. I didn’t go with Jackson to the gym this week because he had extra fencing practice due to his upcoming competition. I still need to go the gym to get in weight training, for my training program from my coach this week, I’ll come with you.” Mark said sitting up when Jinyoung got off his lap.

“Actually, Sehun is kind of shy and doesn’t really socialize with people outside of his friend group or our team. I’m sorry Mark hyung, I don’t think it would be a good idea if you tagged along. I don’t want to be mean. Don't get me wrong, I am happy we are going to try and regain our friendship again. However, I don’t want to scare away Sehun either. We decided today that we would try to be better friends too. The two of us have been on the same team for so long and we are the same age. Honestly, we should be friends already but he is very reserved. I don’t think that bringing anyone along right now would help him feel comfortable. Especially, not someone from the Basketball team, no offense, but some of the guys on your team are s.”

Mark's frowned deepened, he wasn’t happy that Jinyoung said he couldn’t come to the Gym. He was especially unhappy at the fact he wasn’t invited because Sehun wouldn’t want him there. Mark was feeling annoyed and upset that his cuddling time was being interrupted and that he wasn’t allowed to tag along. When they were younger Jinyoung always wanted to be with Mark and hang out with the elder. Jinyoung usually pushed everyone else aside for him. However, now the younger had more friends and was definitely more popular than when he was younger and had more obligations.

Realistically, Mark should have anticipated the change in Jinyoung. Now that they were older and after what they have been through. Mark didn’t have a right to be mad at the younger or have any reason to make Jinyoung feel bad or guilty for not including him. Logically, even though they said they would try to regain their friend, it is impossible for them to revert back to the same friendship.

They have gotten older and they spent a large amount of time not being friends, so their priorities have changed. Jinyoung’s priorities most definitely have, he was more social than when he was younger, less shy, and much more handsome. Of course, that only meant that more and more people will want to have Jinyoung’s attention.

Mark gave up his position in Jinyoung’s life, as his best friend and favorite person. So he can’t expect the younger to drop everyone like he used to for him, it was unfair and selfish. However, Mark didn’t like it, not one bit. He wasn’t used to feeling like this, he isn’t a spoiled rich kid but he really doesn’t get denied. It isn’t an unfamiliar feeling though, he knew exactly what he was feeling because he had felt it multiple times in his life. The only thing is that since he grew up he thought he grew out of it, being jealous.

Jealousy was something he was familiar with, due to the same person causing it at this moment. Park Jinyoung has always been a weakness of his, ever since he was young. Don’t get it wrong though, Mark has always been a kind and generous person. He would always share his toys with his younger brother and never made a fuss when his younger brother took up most of his parents’ attention. He was a great big brother actually, he was patient and selfless.

The only exception had been Park Jinyoung. Well, obviously he still is the only exception. Mark only became jealous and selfish when it came to Jinyoung’s attention. The only thing that Mark has never been able to share, was Jinyoung. Even when he swore he hated the younger he couldn’t do it. “Or you can just lay back down and keep me warm. Then again we were much smaller when we used to cuddle, but now you seem to be bigger than me now,” Mark said pouting. He didn't like that the younger was bigger than him now, it hurt his pride. Then again Jinyoung's hugs did feel even better, Jinyoung held Mark in tighter and they were extremely warm. Surprisingly, it wasn't a big difference in height but overall broadness and bulkiness Jinyoung was significantly bigger. Evidently, Mark had come into new information that told him that Jinyoung happened to be ‘bigger’ than Mark in other 'ways' too.

Mark started to blush heavily and he mentally scolded himself for thinking about Jinyoung like that again. Jinyoung didn’t pay any attention, seeing as he was on his phone when Mark looked up.

Jackson was surrounded by loud music and sweaty bodies, his head was fuzzy and it felt like the room was spinning. There seemed to be a voice talking, but Jackson’s brain was fuzzy and he really couldn’t recognize what the words were or if they were directed to him. The Hong Kong native was going to ignore it until there was a gentle shaking of his shoulder. Jackson turned his head and looked at the person trying to get his attention, “Hey man, you good? I can call you a Taxi if you want?” Jackson recognized the voice as the bartender, but he couldn't really concentrate on what he was saying because his vision was slightly blurred and he was trying to focus on only seeing one face.

“Whaaaaat?” Jackson asked loudly and slurring because he couldn't register what the man was saying at all. The guy sighed, “Okay. I think you are done for the night. I’m going to call a Taxi and close your tab. Just stay right here for a second, okay?” The man asked and Jackson just nodded after a minute because he couldn't understand what the man was telling him anyway. The bartender patted his shoulder and left Jackson, he let his head fall down and he propped it up with his hand turning his body to look around.

Everything just looked like a blur of colorful lights and shifting bodies, Jackson felt himself tapping to the beat and nodding his head. Though the music was quickly overpowered by this loud laugh, well more like a cackle if you asked Jackson. It was very familiar one to Jackson but he could put his finger on where he heard, but he knew he hears it many times. Then he heard it again but it sounded even faker the second time around. He looked around for the source of the noise but his vision at the moment was much more impaired than he realized.

However, he saw a very skinny person with a lot of jewelry and all fancied up, at least that what it looked like to him from this far. He focused all his attention on the figure and then he heard another loud fake laugh, that is when it finally registered in his head. “Bambam?” he called out but it was quite loud so it went unheard to the younger. Jackson was sure though it was the younger, that cackle and those skinny almost stick-like legs could only belong to one person.

Jackson got up and headed over to the younger boy, he didn’t really have a reason to though. They weren’t really friends and he wasn’t entirely sure why though because Jackson made friends with everyone. He was a social butterfly and apparently, so was Bambam that boy knew almost ¾ of the whole campus. Jaebum always complains about how similar the two of them are, so it was kind of odd they weren’t friends.

However, to Jackson's defense it wasn’t his fault the boy was just mean and sassy to him all the time, and Jackson being the child he is, he couldn't just ignore it. That usually ended up with them both in an argument most of the time and Jackson never really found out why the younger hated him so much.

Jackson got closer and that when he realized that Bambam wasn’t alone he was with this other guy. It then dawned on the Jackson that younger boy must’ve been on a date, hence all the fake laughing. Jackson was going to walk away when he saw the other guy put his hands on Bambam’s thigh. Bambam laughed uncomfortably and moved his leg but the other guy didn’t seem to get the hint, Bambam moved his hand the second and again the guy didn’t get the hint. The last time he did it, he put his hand back and moved it up higher this time.

Jackson narrowed his eyes and proceeded to walk up to him, “Hey, I think you have gotten the wrong idea. I’m not into random hookups or sleeping with people on the first date.” Jackson heard Bambam tell the next guy and the Hong Kong native decide maybe he should leave the younger to deal with it himself. The little sense he had in his drunken state told him that was a good idea, but before he walked away heard the other guys speak and the next thing he knew he was punching the guy.

Bambam was a date with Zico an older guy that was in the graduate's program in their school, he was one of his teacher’s assistant for one of his core class. He has been trying to get a date with Bambam for a while and Bambam thought he was a player, so Bambam never really took him up on his offer. However, everyone else seemed to be on a date or busy and this time Zico actually talked to him as a normal person, and he invited Bambam to coffee.

This time around Bambam figured he wasn’t a total jerk and figured that he should at least give him a chance since he was trying to be a decent human being. While they did go to and have coffee, he asked the younger boy if he wanted to go to this lounge and Bambam was skeptical but Zico assured that he was just going to support a friend who was playing there. Bambam felt bad for thinking ill of Zico when he just wanted to support a friend, he was just wary because Zico comes off as an 98% of the time.

However, Bambam’s cautious turned out not to be unnecessary, because he was an . Bambam went with him to the bar and lounge because he had been there before so it wasn’t like he was going to a place he didn’t know. Mainly, the reason why Bambam went through with it was, because Zico claimed his only reason for taking him there was because he really wanted to support his friend. He even told Bambam that it was cool if they didn’t go he can go see another gig of his friends if Bambam felt uncomfortable with the setting. Bambam really values friendship because being in Korea on his own, he only had his friends to rely on.

So despite his better judgment, he said it cool they should see his friends set. Zico was really chill on their coffee ‘date’, usually he would act like a player with Bambam but he was very well mannered with him previously. Bambam figured maybe he was just unwilling to give him a chance and he went against the little voice in his head that was telling him he should go home.

Evidently, his brain was much smarter than he gave himself credit for because they ended up at the bar and Zico went to get a drink for them as the waited for Zico’s friend’s set to come up. They were talking for a bit when the elder of the two came back and it was okay but after a while, Zico’s flirtations came back. Bambam wasn’t as annoyed as he usually would be, because Zico was as bad as he thought so he let him flirt. However, Zico must’ve taken that as some sign that Bambam wanted him or some other bull because he thought it was okay to touch Bambam.

The first time Zico touched him he was pretty calm, it could’ve been an accident so he moved his leg. That was not the case, because Zico proceeded to brazenly put his hand on Bambam’s thigh a second time. Bambam slightly annoyed this time moved Zico’s hand away, hoping that was a clear enough message for the elder. However, the third time around was intentionally and the elder boy had the nerve to move his hand up higher on Bambam’s thigh. At this point, there was no mistaking the elder’s intentions and Bambam was definitely not here for it, not one bit.

Bambam knew he should’ve listened to his gut he knew Zico was a player and an , he just had to give the elder the benefit of the doubt. All the elder boy care about was getting his body count up, Bambam felt insulted with Zico actions. Did the elder think that he was so easy? It was a slap to the face, the Thai boy had an extremely high level of self-respect. He may be friendly and a social butterfly but that does mean he was carefree with his body.

The younger had enough sense not to cause a scene or act out. On the contrary, to what others believe he wasn’t always a drama queen, he was quite sensible. He told Zico that he wasn’t the type to sleep around and he kept a neutral stern tone, not wanting his irritation to seep through. However, seeing as things weren’t going as planned, Zico decide to unleash his unfiltered -ness

“You serious are a ing tease. You dress to get attention and I’m giving you the attention your outfit screams for. Don’t dress like a if you are just going to be a prude, you can’t blame someone for think you are a when that what you portray.” Zico said annoyed, looking at the younger with desire and malice.

Bambam was trying very hard to remain civil with this but Zico was trying very hard to test his patience. Bambam was about to tell his off but was stripped of the chance. In a matter of seconds, Zico was knocked out of his chair when fists came out of nowhere into his face. The next thing Bambam knew was there was security around them and the bartender was helping to pull the guy off Zico. “What the hell man! I told you to stay put and I’ll call you a cab because you are drunk off your .” Bambam heard the bartender tell the guy who attacked Zico.

All the commotion led to the more sober people in the lounge called over the security, the security came and helped the bartender pull off the guy of Zico. The guy was ridiculous strong or very angry because it took the bartender and the two security guys to pull him off. When they finally pulled him off Bambam recognized the attacker. The Bartender help Zico up and profusely apologized, even though he didn’t need and Bambam believed Zico deserved a good beating.

However, Zico had to the nerve to make a scene and blame the poor bartender for him getting attacked. Bambam rolled his eyes, ‘can this guy be more of an ’ Bambam thought. The younger was going to stop Zico from harassing the poor bartender but then the attack started to talk.

“Don’t apologize to this ! You didn’t do anything and he deserved a good beating. Are you alright Bambam?” The guy spoke aggressively at first but then soften his voice when he directed his question to Bambam. Both Zico and Bartender turned their attention to Bambam and the guy.

“Jackson, what are you doing here?” Bambam asked confused at the sudden appearance of the older and the soft tone he spoke with as he addresses Bambam. Normally, the two of them were seen arguing and bickering with each other. This is probably the first time the every spoke civilly with each other.

“You know this guy?!” Zico asked surprised Bambam didn’t seem like the kind of person for violence, especially since he was friends with Park Jinyoung.

The bartend was now also confused he thought that Jackson was just drunk and under the influence but he looked like he intentional was beating on Zico.

“I come here from time to time but that isn’t the issue, Are you okay?” Bambam was even more confused, he didn’t why Jackson kept asking him that.

“Huh? Yeah, of course. Why wouldn’t I be?” Bambam asked the Hong Kong boy.

“Are you sure? I saw this er touching you inappropriately.” Jackson said the anger coming back into his voice.

Bambam finally realized Jackson must’ve seen Zico touching his leg and Bambam saying that he didn’t want that. However. Bambam found himself annoyed with Jackson, as usual, the only reason he wasn’t bickering with him is that he thought Bambam couldn’t handle himself.

“Wang Jackson! I don’t need you to fight my battles I am more than capable of doing do myself. IF—“Bambam was about to go off but Jackson cut him off.

“OHH! Trust me! I know you are completely capable of handling yourself and I was going to walk away when I saw you put him in his place. You definitely set him straight but he had the nerve to speak to you so disrespectfully and demean you in such a way. I know you would’ve just walked away but there was no way he was going to walk off free after calling you a . You may be above fight but I’m not, this disrespectful prick needs some manners.” Jackson said

Bambam was taken aback, usually, Jackson would argue back and he expected Jackson to tell him that he needs protection and he should be thankful. However, he was surprised that Jackson was there the whole time and didn’t interject because he thought Bambam could handle himself. Bambam even felt embarrassed that he accused Jackson of something not true, especially when Jackson was doing the complete opposite.

The Bartender and Security took in the information, then the bartender turned his attention to Bambam.

“Is this true? Was he seeing something because he was he drunk or was this guy ually harassing you?”

Bambam really wanted to avoid the big commotion but he was reluctantly thrown into it. Bambam sighed, “Yes, Jackson is telling the truth.”

That was all the security and the bartender needed to hear, “we have a no tolerance for ual harassment at this establishment, consider yourself officially banned.” The bartender told Zico and then nodded to the security who let go of Jackson and grabbed a protesting Zico before promptly throwing him out.

“Hey, I’m sorry about that Jerk but I call this guy a cab. He is definitely faced and he usually doesn’t get more than two drink when he comes in. I figured he must be having a rough day, I called him a cab but seeing as he is your friend maybe you can make sure he gets home alright.”

Bambam was about to correct the bartender because he and Jackson were far from friends but Jackson was faced. Plus, the older boy did just defend his honor so realistically no would believe that statement. Bambam was a bit concerned that the boy wouldn’t make it home on his own too, so he just nodded.

“Hey! Hey! I am perfectly capable of getting home on my own!” Jackson slurred before tripping over his foot and if not for Bambam catching him, he would of most likely have busted his face on the railing in front of them. Bambam sighed, “Yes, of course, you are but we are going in the same direction. I’m ready to leave anyway, so let’s go together.” Bambam said as if he was talking to a child, Jackson was childish when he was sober but Bambam could only imagine how he was when he was drunk.

“I can get the security to help you get him to the cab if you want?” the bartender asked but Bambam said it was okay and just asked the guy to help get Jackson on his back.

In hindsight, Bambam should have taken the help from the security because Jackson was small but he was very muscular and definitely weighed more than Bambam. It was just Bambam was so annoyed with everyone assuming he was weak because he was thin, but he just really screwed himself over. He always called Jackson out on his short complex but he was a hypocrite because had and weigh complex.

When Bambam finally got Jackson to the cab, he felt his backache as he sat down but he stops the groan he almost let out when he heard the cab driver call him strong for being able to carry Jackson.

Jackson slumped on to his lap as the cab driver made a sharp turn. Bambam thought that the older boy fell asleep and looked down but he found Jackson staring at him.

“You want to get up?” Bambam asked sarcastically but the words didn’t hold there usually bite.

Jackson shook his head but he scrunched up his face and pain, “Don’t move your head that fast idiot, you’re drunk. You’re going to give yourself a headache and get dizzy.” Bambam lightly scolded.

It surprised Bambam himself that he was able to speak to the elder without irritation because even though he was scolding the older boy the words were light.

Jackson ignored or chose not to reply, Bambam wasn’t really sure but Jackson stopped shaking his head.

“You know, I used to think that it was strange that you and Jinyoung were friends because I thought birds of a feather flock together. However, I always thought you were ugly so it didn’t make sense how you and Jinyoung were good friends. Bambam was irritated and would’ve yelled at the older boy but the words actually hurt him because he did hear some mean words from other people. His haters would say how ugly he was and why Jinyoung even friends with him, Bambam was well liked. However, he was a foreigner and dark-skinned and that just gave jealous people reasons to throw insults at him.

When Bambam was younger it affected him but know it didn’t bother him nor did it affect him because he knew that people were just jealous. Jackson saying it was different though and Bambam didn’t like it because Jackson wasn’t like those other people. He just generally thought that about the younger and he even though he and Bambam weren’t friends it still hurt him. Bambam hasn’t felt this upset and hurt since he was a kid and people used to bull him. He put his hand on Jackson's head and was about to shove him away but the cab stopped and announced that they were here.

Bambam wanted to leave Jackson in the cab and let the older find his own way home but he couldn’t bring himself to leave the older there. Bambam paid the guy and piggyback Jackson to his own dorm because he couldn’t make all the way to Jackson’s it was too far. Jackson tried to talk to Bambam the whole but Bambam kept cutting him off because he didn’t want to hear about how ugly Jackson thought he was.

Bambam was going to leave Jackson there on his bed and sleep on Yugyeom because his best friend said he was going to sleepover at Jungkook’s.

“Hey, Bambam,” Jackson called out but got no reply he called out some more but the younger would reply.

Bambam was going to ignore him because he figured eventually he will get the hint or pass out, it didn’t matter as long as he didn’t talk to Bambam anymore. However, Jackson did neither of those things, much to Bambam’s dismay. The older boy began to yell and increased his volume as the younger still continued to ignore him.

It wasn’t until someone banged on the wall tell him to ‘freaking answering him already!’ that they were trying to sleep.

Bambam groaned and went over to that boy and glared at him, “Shut up, already! You stupid buffoon! People are trying to sleep!” Bambam whispered yelled at him.

Jackson lowers his voice, “but you wouldn’t reply to me and I didn’t get to finish talking to you.”

Bambam glare intensified but Jackson ignored it, Bambam shoved his hand in Jackson pocket looking for his keys because he was definitely not continuing that conversation with him. He leaves Jackson here by himself and go sleep with Jaebum tonight because he felt hurt all over again remembering Jackson’s words.

Bambam felt his finger brush against some metal and hear jingling, Jackson seemed to realize what he was doing too. Which Bambam found very annoying he was a very perceptive drunk person. Jackson grabbed his wrist pulling it out of his pocket and his other hand went around Bambam’s waist pulling the Thai boy forward harshly.

Bambam was expecting that and stumbled forward trying to not bang his head into Jackson’s jaw, he into Jackson but used his free to support himself. He had a hand on Jackson’s shoulder and a knee propping himself up, but that knee landed next to Jackson's thigh and his foot on the floor was on the outside of Jackson's other knee. Jackson had been sitting up on the edge of Bambam’s bed, so Bambam leaned forward a couple inches away from Jackson's face with the elder in between his two legs.

Bambam tried to move and get some personal space, but Jackson was quicker and he let go off Bambam’s wrist and pull him down to sit in his lap. Bambam struggle but Jackson’s grip was strong and that just annoyed Bambam even more because he felt weak, he couldn’t even overpower a drunk guy.

“I wasn’t done talking with you,” Jackson said softly as he stared at Bambam but he didn’t make any move to put distance between them. “I don’t want to continue Jackson. I got it, okay! You think I’, ugly and it makes no sense why Jinyoung is friends with me. I heard it all before. SO just save it, just go to sleep.” Bambam said tired, he was just frustrated at this point he was hurt and embarrassed.

Bambam turned head, he felt tears swell up in his eyes. He looked up to make them stay in but Jackson wanted Bambam to look him in the face. Jackson held a firm grip on Bambam’s chin and turned the younger head to face him. Bambam hated feeling weak, he could turn his head away It wasn’t until I got to know Jaebum did I realized that he was a teddy bear. Then I realized as I look closer to you, you were the same you bluff so much and are so sassy but when it comes to Yugyeom and Jinyoung you soften. You were a really good friend and then I asked Jaebum, he told me that Mark treated Jinyoung like for no reason. So you treated Mark like that too and I was just collateral damage because you didn’t like how Mark treated Jinyoung.” Jackson explained softly.

Bambam tears stopped falling and sniffled, trying to regain his composure as he listened to Jackson. When the younger felt composed he looked up at Jackson. Jackson smiled soft and wiped the stray tears off his face, “That better. I like it better when you do not cry, even if that means you are arguing with me. Anything is better than you crying okay?” Bambam just nodded and Jackson rubbed his cheek softly, “By the way, just for clarification. I don’t think you are ugly anymore. I should’ve been more specific, I thought you had a bad personality because you were mean to me for no reason and Jinyoung is so nice, I didn’t get how he had such as a mean friend. It had nothing to do with you physically, you are thin and your skin is darker than most people here but that is far from making you ugly.” Jackson said sincerely and Bambam didn’t want to felt so warm and blush but he did.

“Anyone who says you are is lying, jealous, or had a sight problem. You are beautiful, your tanned skin has a golden touch to it and you thin frame suits you. Most importantly, you are a loyal and kind person. I’m sorry I made you cry and I’m sorry I was blind before because I can’t see anything but true beauty now. By the way, I know we might go back to arguing all the time but please don’t go on dates with people like that again. You deserve better than some objectifying douche bag, no one should ever speak to you like that again. You are capable handling yourself but no should speak to you like that ever.” Jackson said sincerely, it threw Bambam off because Jackson was never serious when they talk.

“Why do you care?” Bambam said he didn’t even know why he said that it was like his mouth spoke before his brain can process it. Bambam mentally scolded himself because Jackson was just being nice and really sweet, yet all Bambam do is reply with sassy comment. Jackson, on the other hand, wasn’t fazed at all and answered the question without hesitation.

“No deserves to be talk to in such manner, but I care about this case personally because you have a big shield to protect yourself and your friends. No should ever degrade you or label you as something this is completely untrue.