Chapter 11

Noxious
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

Soojung didn't understand what was happening but she understood why it was happening, just like she knew that objects with the same charge were repulsive and opposed charges resulted in attraction but she had no idea why, she wasn't listening much in class that day.

 

Things started going fast while she slowed down. She was so busy being caught up in her own emotions that she didn't notice the change.

 

Seulgi and Jisoo still hung out together as usual, Sehun was still as grumpy as usual, everything remained the same while changing at the same time because one thing changed and it was because of her. It was subtle at first but then it exploded in her face: Soojung didn't notice Jongin moving behind her radar. It wasn't until Sehun casually mentioned that he moved back into the dorm with him that she started having doubts and since then, it hasn't stopped.

 

"I just wanted to make sure you didn't mind," Seulgi nervously asked.

 

"Why?" Soojung shook her head in confusion.

 

"I haven't answered him yet, I just wanted to know what you would say first," the smaller girl explained. "If you're not comfortable with this, I will say no."

 

"But why?"

 

Soojung wished she knew why she started this habit of always repeating the same things over and over again as if they would make more sense if she said them multiples times because it was becoming embarrassing. 

 

"Why did he ask you?" She frowned. "It's stupid, what does Jongin even want from you?"

 

And she definitely lost her filter. Even though she barely ever had one, Soojung was cautious around Seulgi and now it was beyond her, she couldn't help it. Jongin was being unreasonable by asking Seulgi to go to his place for no reason. She couldn't let that happen.

 

"I-I don't know," Seulgi shrugged. "H-he wouldn't say."

 

"That's stupid," Soojung repeated with a frown. "He wouldn't say? How come?"

 

"Listen Soojung, I really have no idea but if you're uncomfortable with this, I am not going," Seulgi explained again after realizing Soojung was forgetting why they were even talking over the phone so late at night. "Are you?"

 

Soojung put the phone away from her before letting out a loud grunt into her pillow. Of course she was uncomfortable with the idea of Seulgi and Jongin spending Saturday night at his place, especially when he didn't say why. This was ridiculous, Jongin barely remembered Seulgi's name on a daily basis without Soojung's help and now he was making a move on her? On Kang Seulgi? Soojung's toes curled at the unfairness of this situation.

 

She couldn't even tell Seulgi why she was so uncomfortable with the fact that she would go to her ex's place because she wouldn't understand. Soojung could already hear Sehun's rational voice resonating in her mind.

 

How is this unfair? You not only broke his heart, you destroyed him with your lies and now you don't want him to move on?

 

"Yes but not with her," Soojung sighed.

 

You have no right to tell him what to do after that.

 

"He doesn't even love her!"

 

You don't know if they're even going to do anything at his place, you know how respectful Jongin is and even if Seulgi is innocent, she isn't defenseless, she can tell him no if she truly wants to.

 

"But she'll never push him away, it's Jongin," Soojung groaned.

 

Then that's none of your business, Sehun spat. Whatever she chooses to do with Jongin has everything to do with her and Jongin. You need to learn your place Soojung.

 

"No way, I can't let this happen," she mumbled under her breath.

 

You have been incredibly selfish for over a year, baffled everyone with your lies, do you really want to lie to her again? 

 

"It's not a lie, I am not okay with this."

 

Then what? Are you going to tell Seulgi that you're uncomfortable with this situation because you still have feelings for Jongin and abuse of her kindness? Sehun scoffed. That is a lie because you never loved Jongin.

 

"I-"

 

You know she will never approach him if you do that, so you will be comfortable in your one-sided love while she stays miserable. That's not love Soojung, you don't love Seulgi, you just want her all for yourself.

 

 

Soojung shook her head in despair. Even in her own imagination, Sehun was ruthless. She jolted when her cellphone started vibrating in her hand, signaling an incoming call. It was Seulgi again.

 

 

"Hello? Can you hear me Soojung? I think the call got interrupted, I couldn't hear you," Seulgi explained.

 

"Yes I am here, sorry," Soojung said as she took her head in her hands and mentally cursed.

 

"So? What should I answer him?" Seulgi asked. "He is nice about it but I've been making him wait for an answer since this morning."

 

"Well he can wait a bit more," Soojung said with an eye roll. "Wait, are you texting him?"

 

"Not right now," Seulgi hesitantly said.

 

"But you usually do?"

 

"We exchanged numbers a few days ago," Seulgi explained. "He said he needed to talk to me but in the end we didn't so we started texting instead."

 

 

Soojung contained a gasp and put the phone away again to curse.

 

 

"You know what? Do what you want Seulgi," Soojung said. "Choose for yourself for once, you don't need my approval for anything. I am tired of all this. You like him don't you? Then have fun."

 

"Wait, no I didn't want to upset you, Soojung I--"

 

 

Soojung turned off her phone and let it fall on the floor before crashing down on her bed.

 

 

So now we're blaming this on her, huh? How toxic can you get"

 

"Shut up!" Soojung groaned.

 

You can't blame her for liking someone just because that person isn't you

 

"I said shut up! Shut up shut up shut up!" 

 

Soojung finally started understanding what the real Sehun meant when he said that this couldn't end well. She didn't have anything under control and she hated that she couldn't see this right from the start when she kissed Jongin in that restaurant. Instead she was stuck in this stupid situation she put herself in. She was distancing herself from her closest friends and now she was talking to what seemed like a personification of her guilt in the form of Sehun.

 

"I'm losing it," Soojung tiredly mumbled to her

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter