Chapter 10

Noxious
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

Nothing happened.

 

 

Nothing at all happened lately, everything was either frozen or stagnant, either way it was annoying.

 

 

How annoyed was he? Sehun didn't even know what made him so sour, pessimistic, mean and all around very negative. Sure things were different now and he was slowly starting to get used to it but it was nowhere near enough to make him feel like he needed to lit a cigarette to let go of the uncomfortable feeling in his chest, at least not so quickly. Lately, his pack lasted him longer and it was because he found a different way to get rid of his annoyance.

 

 

It was now a pattern, he would always go back to Seulgi for some reason. He rarely needed a proper excuse to see her, as long as he felt like annoying her, Sehun would find his way to Seulgi. He noticed it when he slept at her place even though he could have spent the night anywhere else. And she rarely said anything about it, Seulgi was extremely passive lately. She had always been a bit 'out of it' as he liked to say but she had reached a new peak. Seulgi was so indifferent to many things now that he wondered if it would make a difference that he was present or not. His cigarettes? Barely noticeable. His snarky remarks? She wouldn't blink at him. His lack of help for the lab projects ? He doubted she could care less. Seulgi was either completely elsewhere or so used to Sehun's antics that she didn't care.

 

 

He loudly sighed.

 

 

Things were supposed to be enjoyable. He was supposed to have the time of his life annoying miss Unicorn-Bubblegum-Plushies while hanging out with his two best friends, going through what was supposed to be the most memorable years of their life together.

 

 

All of this gone because his friends stopped being normal. Sehun hadn't seen Jongin in over a week since that night, except on campus between his classes but even then, he refused to talk to him and always pretended to be late for his next class, as if Jongin was ever late anywhere. Jongin returned to his own place but left all his things in the room he shared with Sehun, giving the latter a bit of hope. Maybe he was just sorting out his feelings and needed time alone. It wasn't completely over.

 

 

As for Soojung, she recently started talking to him again after disappearing for a few days. Sehun wanted to make things go back to normal but she always avoided him like he was the one she messed up with. The first time they spoke to each other in 9 days consisted of Soojung saying she wasn't ready-- for what? Sehun had no idea-- and that she was sorry to have put him in such a situation.

 

 

And Bla Bla Bla

 

 

He had never seen Soojung being so talkative and it was obvious she wasn't used to it neither because she only repeated the same thing over and over again: "I'm sorry."

 

 

Jongin and Soojung were both giving him excuses for something he already knew: nothing would ever go back to normal. They were not just avoiding each other but everything related to each other, including Sehun.

 

 

Sehun sighed again.

 

 

"What's wrong?" Seulgi mumbled next to him as she wrote down some formula Sehun could remember having seen on the board two hours ago in their chemistry class. Already doing the homework due for next week.

 

 

"I can't sleep at Soojung's place anymore and I miss Mrs Jung."

 

 

"You used to sleep at Soojung's place?" Seulgi asked surprised.

 

 

"All the time, I basically grew up there," Sehun shrugged as he munched on some snack.

 

 

"You can't eat at the library..." she mumbled as she returned to her books, well aware that Sehun wouldn't do anything about her remark. "And... did you sleep together?"

 

 

"Yeah."

 

 

 

Seulgi stopped writing and hesitated for a second before continuing her exercises.

 

 

 

"Not together as in having ," Sehun corrected after noticing how uneasy she became.

 

 

"In the same room?"

 

 

"Same bed."

 

 

 

Seulgi nodded.

 

 

 

"Her bed is huge, at least it seemed huge to me when I was younger, so we never thought it was a problem," Sehun added.

 

 

"There's no need to justify yourself Sehun," Seulgi said distractedly.

 

 

Sehun frowned and was about to say something when she interrupted him.

 

 

"What about Jongin? Has he... slept with Soojung?"

 

 

"You must be kidding me," Sehun laughed. "He probably did in every way possible."

 

 

 

Seulgi's expression turned sour as she avoided Sehun's eyes.

 

 

 

"As in sleeping on the same bed and sleeping together together, there's nothing more together than that."

 

 

"I get it," Seulgi cut him short. "Thank you." Sehun noticed that she hadn't looked his way in the past 2 minutes and it wasn't much but it felt like too much, she was icy.

 

 

"And I wasn't trying to justify myself earlier. I just didn't want you to think I was the type of guy to have outside of marriage, that's horrible," Sehun continued on a cold tone. "I can't believe some people aren't s anymore, that's crazy."

 

 

 

Seulgi continued to draw some Lewis structures onto her notebook while figuring the specific angle between each atome as the homework instructed. Sehun scowled as she completely ignored him.

 

 

 

"Having with multiple people is absolutely disgusting," he continued. "You should settle down and then discover this... this monstrous activity because it is only meant to procreate and reproduce humans. shouldn't be about having fun, right?"

 

 

"I know you're trying to make me mad," she started. "But I don't care about what others do before or after their marriage."

 

 

"Now that's new. No strong beliefs about ity? Really?"

 

 

"That's personal matters."

 

 

"What about waiting for the one?"

 

 

"That's a different story," Seulgi mumbled.

 

 

"Oh but that's the exact same story," Sehun frowned as Seulgi continued to pretend to ignore him. Now that was amusing. "It's exactly the same, just from a different perspective."

 

 

 

 

Seulgi remained silent.

 

 

 

 

"It's just that you have no idea of what you're talking about when it comes to so you keep your opinion to yourself, which makes sense for once Ms. ."

 

 

 

Sehun's smirk grew wider when she blushed.

 

 

 

"That's no--"

 

 

"Not true?" Sehun frowned.

 

 

"None of your business," Seulgi said flustered.

 

 

"So I'm right," Sehun nodded to himself. "There was no way I could be wrong about this of all things. But back to that story because I love to be right more than once," he smiled. "When you say so adamantly that we should wait for the one--"

 

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter