Chapter 2

Noxious
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

"She's plain," Sehun said after a long pause. He didn't have to specify who he was talking about as he knew they were all looking the same way even without anyone saying anything.

 

"What are you saying? She's fine," Soojung interjected.

 

"Very bland, I don't think I would turn around to look at her twice in the streets," Sehun continued.

 

"You wouldn't turn around even if Jesus walked past you Sehun," Soojung sighed.

 

"She has a point," Jongin chimed in.

 

"Still, she's not that great," Sehun shrugged before taking a lollipop out of his jeans' pockets. The candy looked like it had been there for over a month with its crumbled paper and the logo that was fading on the plastic wrap but it didn't matter to Sehun who shrugged again before putting it in his mouth.

 

"Seulgi is pretty," Jongin said as his eyes followed the small girl who was busy writing something on a loose sheet of paper outside on a picnic table a few meters aways from them.

 

The trio of friends were sitting on the grass hiding from the terribly hot sun under a large tree while watching the campus take life for lunch time. It was the second week of classes and the beginning of September but it was still so hot which didn't help make the students forget that their summer break was over. Everyone was taking the beginning of this semester coolly, many people were hanging out on the school's green and comfortable grass just like Soojung, Jongin and Sehun were doing but some of them were still busy studying even if there hadn't been any real homework yet like Seulgi.

 

"ass," Sehun scoffed. "You're probably saying that just because that's what Soojung wants everyone to think."

 

"That has nothing to do with me," Soojung retorted. "Surprising or not, Jongin can take decisions for himself."

 

"Yeah, I do think she is pretty, I'm not trying to be nice or please Soojung," Jongin affirmed as he turned his head to look at Sehun. "She has unique eyes."

 

"See? It's not me."

 

 

Soojung ruffled her boyfriend's hair as he let his head rest on her laps.

 

 

"I don't see why you dislike her so much Sehun," Soojung commented. "She didn't do anything to you.

 

"I don't dislike her, I just disagreed with one thing you said and now I'm her anti."

 

"She told me you called her fake last week," Soojung continued with a frown. "It really shocked her."

 

"I call everyone like that, she didn't have to take it personally," Sehun subtly rolled his eyes. "You should have told me that she was a ing baby and that I couldn't joke around her."

 

"People can't tell when you're joking Sehun, I still don't know when to be offended or just laugh when you attack me and it's been 8 years," Jongin chuckled.

 

"Whatever I'm not going to change for miss oversensitive over there," Sehun terminated.

 

 

Both Soojung and Jongin sighed as they watched Sehun take out his cellphone to completely shut them from his world. He always did that to indicate that he was too disinterested to continue talking about something or just because he was genuinely bored. In this case it could be both.

 

 

Jongin looked up to Soojung with a shy smile.

 

 

"You're done with your classes for today aren't you?" he asked.

 

"My calculus teacher cancelled for today," Soojung nodded as Jongin took her hand.

 

 

Unlike what she thought, Soojung got used to Jongin's touch after a whole year of dating him and was totally comfortable with being so touchy, she was even the one to initiate the contact sometimes. It honestly felt like Jongin was still her close childhood friend who was always by her side ready to help her but except that now they kissed. And they held hands, went out on dates, spent a lot more time together after school, hung around each other's house more often and a lot of other things couples do. His caring side for her never changed and became what made Soojung stay with him all this time even if her heart was somewhere else.

 

Soojung glanced back to where Seulgi had previously been sitting only to realize that she was gone. She turned around again and saw her small frame next to another female a bit taller and long dark hair. It was again that girl Seulgi always hung around with, the one friendly one she always ate lunch with. The two girls entered the building again and seemed to be heading towards the residences.

 

"Why? Do you want to do something?" Soojung asked before distractedly patting Jongin's head again. He softened under her touch and smiled without realizing Soojung was looking far away.

 

"Are you hungry? I thought we could go eat somewhere nice," Jongin proposed before getting up. "Sehun do you want to come?"

 

"No I'm fine, I'll stay with my friend the tree here that won't make me feel like a third-wheel 24/7," Sehun sarcastically smiled.

 

"How many times do I have to tell you that you're not a third wheel? Come on Sehun, come with us," Jongin said with a sigh.

 

"No really, I have something planned," Sehun said as he got up. "You guys go have fun or whatever you're planning to do I don't know, anyways don't forget to use protection."

 

Soojung hit Sehun for his last remark before he had the time to escape her. He always joked about embarrassing things like that whenever the three of them were together as if to punish Jongin and Soojung for leaving him alone.

 

"Where do you want to go?" she turned to ask Jongin after watching their friend leave with an eye roll.

 

"Any restaurant is fine," Jongin answered as he helped Soojung get up. The latter pursed her lips and looked back at the building in front of them, she took Jongin's hand and intertwined both of their hands.

 

"Can we go to my place instead? I'd rather eat comfortably," Soojung lied. In fact, she wasn't even hungry, she just wanted to be far away from this place and think of something else. Soojung had to accept the fact that she couldn't get back the connection she had with Seulgi before she started dating Jongin because:

Seulgi had found another friend and didn't seem to mind that she barely saw Soojung during the week Seulgi was still in love with Soojung's boyfriend Seulgi was completely awkward with Soojung now

 

"Are you sure? It's my treat," Jongin insisted. He brought Soojung back from her endless internal monologue at the same time and noted how lost she looked. "Are you okay?"

 

"Why wouldn't I be okay?" Soojung smiled. "We can order something at home."

 

 

Soojung tugged on his hand and dragged him outside of the green field. She planted a kiss on his lips as soon as they got into Jongin's car and waited for Jongin's usual reaction to her sudden kiss as he always did with a grin.

 

 

"What's the occasion?" he asked with a shy smile. Soojung noted how his ears still got red every time even if he was supposed to be used to it by now. It was cute.

 

"Just felt like it," Soojung shrugged.

 

 

Jongin chuckled at his girlfriend strange behavior before starting the engine.

 

Maybe she is in a good mood, he thought to himself.

 

 

///

 

 

"Are you done unpacking you things?" Jisoo asked before guiding Seulgi into the girls dormitories.

 

"Almost, I think the apartment will be officially ready this week or next week," Seulgi excitedly revealed. The smile on her face became even brighter and she couldn't let a few chuckles escape her lips. Seulgi couldn't believe it was really happening: she was getting a place for herself and it was all hers. The decoration, the location, the furnitures, everything had been chosen by her. "I'll tell you when it's ready so you can come visit!"

 

"Will I be the first guest?"

 

 

Seulgi nodded as she looked at the time on her cellphone, it was still early.

 

 

"And you don't want it to be someone more special like your parents or something?" Jisoo asked with concern.

 

"My parents cannot come all the way here just to see my apartment," Seulgi sadly said. "But I do want you to be the first to see how it looks, I think it will be fun," she smiled.

 

 

Indeed, it had only been a few days since Seulgi and Jisoo met but the two girls rapidly became friends. Eating lunch together everyday and attending most of their classes together surely helped into the blossoming of this friendship but Seulgi had a hunch that it would have been the same even if she didn't see Jisoo every day. They were both a bit new with everything and didn't have many close friends to spend time with so they could relate to most of their problems.

 

 

"And what about your friend, Soojung? Wouldn't she like to see your apartment?" Jisoo asked before turning left to find her room's number, she still wasn't very used to the university's dormitories.

 

 

Seulgi gulped as she remembered the saddened expression Soojung had on the first day of university when she told her that she wished they spent more time together during the summer break. Seulgi wanted to do as Soojung wished and act exactly the way she did with her before but she just couldn't. Every time Seulgi tried to spend a bit of time with Soojung, Jongin appeared out of nowhere and Seulgi couldn't stand seeing them being affectionate with each other, it was just too painful. Even after school, he would come take Soojung to bring her home and then would completely forget that Seulgi was there after Soojung gave him one glance. Seulgi truly tried but if staying with Soojung also meant staying with Jongin, then she had to make a choice. And she chose Jisoo.

 

 

"I doubt she would be interested," Seulgi honestly answered. "Even if I found the courage to invite her, I bet my small apartment would be boring to her. Irene said her house was really big."

 

"Irene is the unnie you were talking to me about last time right?" Jisoo asked curiously. "Well you will never know unless you ask," she smiled. "What if Soojung is waiting for an invitation from you? But for now, I would gladly be your first guest Seulgi."

 

 

Seulgi thanked

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter