Chapter 3

Noxious
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

Soojung figured that if it didn't work this time then she would give up. Entirely and completely  give up: she would let go of the feelings that had been blooming for over a year now. It was getting ridiculous.

 

It's a yes and then it's a no. It's a subtle glance, a quick smile and then it's another excuse. She was tired of always being the awkward friend that Seulgi avoided, plus getting replaced by another girl in less than a week had been pretty hard on Soojung. Seulgi had found a new friend that she always hung out with in a few days and then suddenly forgot Soojung existed.

 

"That's just sad," Sehun whispered next to her as the teacher continued to give his lecture. Soojung's friend had noticed the glare she was giving to the cute girl with long black hair that they always saw with Seulgi in a matter of seconds. "You could make a hole in her head with your eyes," he whispered.

 

"Would you leave me alone?" Soojung whispered back before hitting his sides. "I was just zoning out."

 

"Of course," Sehun rolled his eyes.

 

Soojung told him off one last time before Sehun really decided to stop teasing her. She obviously wasn't in the mood. Soojung tried to focus on the class but her eyes somehow always went back to Jisoo whenever she subtly smiled at her phone.

 

Seulgi is probably not her only friend, they can't be that close already.

 

It would kill her to know that this girl already had Seulgi's number when it took Soojung months to even ask. Even now, they barely texted.

 

This is going absolutely nowhere, Soojung internally sighed. Seulgi and Soojung have known each other for over a year and yet they didn't know each other that well, went out like three times together, never had a phone conversation, barely texted, rarely saw each other at school and had little to zero interaction on a daily basis. This can't be right.

 

Without her noticing, the class ended and everyone got up to leave. Soojung looked around her and let out a sigh of relief when she saw that Jisoo was still there.

 

"Sehun help me," Soojung said as she held Sehun back. She grabbed his hand and looked at him helplessly while thinking of the ultimatum she just gave herself. One last try.

 

"To do what exactly?"

 

"You already know," she pleaded.

 

As if on cue, Sehun looked at Jisoo packing her things to leave. Soojung continued to tug on Sehun's arm to make him accept, she couldn't waste time.

 

"Really, Soojung?" Sehun raised one eyebrow.

 

"I just need one more chance and then I'll stop, I swear."

 

"No you'll just find another way to get to her even if it means breaking your best friend's heart," Sehun spat. He watched Jisoo walk towards the door while Soojung's expression turned even more helpless. "But that's none of my business."

 

"You don't know how it feels to pursue something that seems impossible," Soojung jabbered. "I'll make it up to you, I just want to try one last time."

 

"Then you'll stop?"

 

Soojung nodded quickly.

 

"I hope for you Seulgi is worth all that."

 

Sehun then ran after Jisoo who was heading towards the main hallway and left Soojung alone with her last bit of hope in the classroom. She was going to stop after this time, she waited too long for nothing to happen and the only decision she took made them part ways. Soojung didn't exactly regret dating Jongin but if she knew it would have had such a negative impact on her friendship with Seulgi then she wouldn't have kissed him that time. Since she claimed herself as Jongin's girlfriend in front of Seulgi, the latter became completely distant and it hurt Soojung to know that Seulgi didn't mind as much as her (to not say at all) to not be around her anymore. It was worst than a one-sided love story, it was just so pathetic.

 

"Hey," Sehun said to Jisoo after running to her. He gave her a charming smile that made her blush. "I heard you're Seulgi's friend, I'm Sehun, her friend."

 

"Sehun? You mean her lab partner?" Jisoo asked a bit surprised.

 

"Yeah, I guess I'm more her lab partner than her friend," Sehun confessed. "But it doesn't matter, I'm not here to talk about Seulgi."

 

"You're not?"

 

"No I wanted to talk to you," Sehun smiled again. Sehun rarely smiled but when he did, it could easily make any girl's heart throb. His smile looked innocent but his eyes gleamed with a hint of mysteriousness that gave him a cold prince look. All in all, Sehun was just blessed with good genes. "I was wondering if you had plans later today…"

 

"You want to do something with me?" Jisoo asked even more surprised.

 

"Well yeah, I mean if you don't mind."

 

"Like what?"

 

Is this a Seulgi n#2? Sehun internally grunted.

 

"I don't know, just have fun," Sehun shrugged. "We could watch a movie or just hang out in my car."

 

"You and me alone?" Jisoo asked as she saw a tall and lean girl walk towards them from the back, she recognized her as Seulgi's friend right away. It was Soojung.

 

"Yeah, that's kind of the whole point of this conversation."

 

"So you're flirting with me?"

 

"No I was actually just trying my luck with the floor —yes I am," Sehun rolled his eyes.

 

"Oh I have a boyfriend," Jisoo said as soon.

 

Why didn't you ing say so earlier?

 

 

"What's going on here?" Soojung asked with a jovial smile.

 

"Just wasting my time as usual," Sehun answered with sarcasm.

 

"We were talking about hanging out," Jisoo smiled back. "But I don't think it will happen."

 

"Why?" Soojung asked.

 

"I have a boyfriend."

 

 

Soojung frowned and turned to Sehun who was looking back at her with daggers in his eyes. Then it finally hit her. She asked Jisoo to give them a second before dragging Sehun to the side.

 

"That's not what I was saying!" Soojung whispered. "I didn't want you to sleep with her, I just wanted you to ask her to eat lunch with us, are you kidding me?"

 

"Should have been more specific, that's not the first thing I think of when someone asks me to lure someone else," Sehun scoffed.

 

"Do you only think with your Sehun?"

 

"Once again, stop talking about parts when we're about to eat," Sehun softly scolded. "And how is your plan going to make Seulgi fall for you? Will she suddenly see you differently if you eat with her new bestie?"

 

"I am not trying to make Seulgi fall for me, I am trying to be friends with her," Soojung rectified.

 

"Still a closeted gay?"

 

"I am not gay," Soojung hissed. In fact, Soojung couldn't consider herself like that, at least not yet. She didn't especially like women, she just liked Seulgi. She had decided long ago that she wasn't gay per say. Soojung wondered many times if she was lesbian but he truth is that she wasn't. She didn't like girls: so many of them were superficial, egoist and mean, which was why she only hung out with her two male friends. She could barely stand the girls she knew, forget about loving them. Except for Jongin, she would have probably been single for a long time too since she started losing interest in men after her first year of high school: they were all so immature and when they were handsome, they were most probably immature too. Soojung knew she wasn't a lesbian, she didn't like girls and it felt wrong to call herself so just because she was bored of men. Just like Sehun, she simply didn't like people. It was a strong statement but if not for Seulgi, Soojung would probably be aual and she knew it.

 

"So how are you going to get Seulgi today, miss-not-gay?"

 

"I swear if you go around calling me like that I'm going to burn all your designer clothes and sell your balls to the first experimental clinic I find," Soojung threatened.

 

"Fine, what's the plan then?" he sighed.

 

"Just follow me and don't say anything stupid," Soojung said as she turned around to walk back to Jisoo. It took Soojung a few steps before noticing the light brown strands of hair hiding behind Jisoo's taller frame as she got closer. Soojung was greatly surprised to find Seulgi there smiling brightly at her new friend. They seemed to talk about something funny but stopped right when Sehun and Soojung joined them.

 

"Hey," Seulgi casually greeted. "I haven't seen you lately, how are you?" 

 

"As usual," Soojung smiled back. It took a lot of strength for Soojung to just not start yelling at Seulgi for both avoiding her and making her miss her so much at the same time. Soojung despised how Seulgi always made her let go of her own pride just to get a fragment of the attention Jongin would have gotten just by breathing next to Seulgi. Would she have ever believed it if someone told her that she would be competing against her own boyfriend one day?

 

"So what's up now?" Jisoo asked cheerfully, still waiting for the reason of the sudden meeting Soojung had with Sehun.

 

"Oh we're still going along with the plan," Soojung said. "Are you coming with us Seulgi?"

 

Seulgi, Sehun and Jisoo all raised an eyebrow at their turn as if Soojung had talked to them in a foreign language.

 

"Go with you where?" Seulgi hesitantly asked.

 

"Jisoo agreed to eat with us earlier, I believe you will come too, right?" Soojung smiled. Her smile almost seemed fake but

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter