Chapter 7 - Within Your Reach And Stay

Save The Last Smile For Me

Seungri walked across the streets , with only one purpose in his mind .

He constantly went inside the stores and get back outside with empty hands .

As much as he was afraid of people , he has to overcome his fear to stay with Jiyong .

Its what made his heart full of fighting spirit .

Keep calm , Seungri . You have to be strong . This is the right time you make what's right from before . 

If you dont change yourself , who will help you ?

No one can do it except yourself , so , here we are , looking for a job is a stepping stone for me to be someone useful in both society and Jiyong .

Yeah .. Let go of my past , since Im now starting my new life here .

Seungri rest his both hands against his chest , with his eyes closed .

"God .. if you hear my pray .. please make me strong enough to overcome your tests for me ... I wish I will never give up , and I will fight all that tried to drag me down . I entrust my wish to you , God .. Help me ..". 

Seungri was about to continue his expedition when something suddenly covered his sight .

Seungri was a bit suprised from the impact , and he quickly get the brown leaf from his face .

A brown maple leaf .

"Oh , something's written on it". 

Seungri read it with his vision and mind , before he react .

"A butler in a ... a ...". He cant read the last word as the ink seems to be blurry .

Oh yeah , its now raining ... 

Seungri began to realise now that he's drenching with raindrops , and he still stand in the rain .

Hmm ... Maybe because Ive been with rain so much in the past , I dont realise when it started to rain ....

Seungri turned back to the leaf , where the ink were all almost gone due to the rain .

"This is still new . It must not be far from here".

Seungri continue to walk without even care about the rain . 

***

Seungri arrived at a house , which has full of maple trees around it . 

"It must be from these maple trees . Its only here in this distrinct , I think".

Seungri then looked at the house , and he felt a bit nauseating .

He suddenly remembering his past .

Urghh ! My head hurts !

Fight , Seungri ! Dont let her come back ! 

The pain get bigger and bigger , Seungri was on his knees , withstanding the hurtful head .

Not long after , he found himself already lying on the road , unable to move or to stand up .

He's too painful to even open his eyes , staying conscious .

"Ji...Jiyong ... Jiyong ...".

And then , he's closing his eyes , giving up to wake anymore .

***

Jiyong arrived at his condo , while humming . 

Omg Im so nervous ! What would he do for me tonight ? Omg my heart really will explode any moment soon !

* Jiyong .... Let me kiss you , until you can never forget me ... Until Im the only one you will be crazy for .. *

Jiyong covered his face with his hands , felt embarassing due to his romantic thoughts about tonight .

I have to calm down . Maybe he just wanna talk to me like usual , or telling me his whereabouts ?

Yeah ... I still dont know who Seungri was .

Well , I can only wait for him to open up to me with his willing . I will never ever force him . 

Let he come to me when he's ready ...

"Riri . Im home". 

No one answer .

Oh yeah , Seungri did ask my permission to go out earlier . He's looking for a job . 

I dont want him to work but because he insisted , I let him do it . After all , sit at home doing nothing is so boring as , believe me .

And maybe , its good for Seungri's development in terms of society . 

I hope he's doing okay and get the job he interested .

"Oh well ... I better prepared dinner . Tonight's going to be a special night , I suppose".

***

Seungri's eyes slowly opened . His soul gradually came back to his body after the blackout .

"Oh you're awake . Thank god , child".

Someone was gripping Seungri's hand beside him , and she seems happy .

Seungri finally grasp his situation now , and he slowly sit up , just to be realised that he was in a big bed , and also a big room .

"Can I know where I am now ?".

Seungri gently asked the old woman beside him full with his manner .

"You're in my house now . I found you lying in front of my house gate . I was panic since its raining so heavily outside . Im glad you're okay now , child ". 

The woman seems so nice and kind .

Seungri smiled , and said that he was so grateful to meet such a kind people .

"Dont worry about it . Hospitality always comes firsts among human . What are you doing here , child ? Not many people went here since my house is quite far from the city".

Seungri then checked his pocket , and brought out the maple leaf .

"Oh . You found this ?".

Seungri nodded . "Its flying towards me , thats why it is here with me".

The old woman suddenly stood up , and asked Seungri to wait , before she went outside .

After a few moment , she came back with a letter .

"Here , if you interested to be a butler for my daughter , then do tell me".

Seungri nodded , and read the letter .

"Dont worry , Im only need you to be one during days . Since she will have a maid with her during night . You just have to take care of her needs ".

Seungri nodded , understand the tasks . 

Since he had experience in this field , he thought he could give this opportunity a go .

"I will try my best , Mrs ...".

"Lee ... Mrs Lee would be fine ...".

***

Seungri rushed to Jiyong's condo after accepting his new job , and he cant wait to tell it to Jiyong .

He enter the house , only to see the sleepy Jiyong at the dining table , that is filled with dishes .

Seungri felt guilty . He was sad seeing Jiyong waiting for him . Yeah , its late already.

No .. what Ive done ...

He carefully went to Jiyong to wake him up , but the older didnt even budge .

Seungri chuckled . Im glad he sleep so soundly .

He lifted the older to Jiyong's bedroom .

After getting Jiyong under the blanket , he then lie beside Jiyong , while facing him .

Seungri also took this opportunity to Jiyong's face .

"I will do this for you . Only you . You are the only reason why Im still breathing until now , Jiyong . You're my life savior . Nothing can ever change how I feel for you.. Dont you worry and please let me stay with you . I'll protect you with all my life . I promise".

Seungri then kiss the older before he retreat back from the bedroom and let Jiyong sleep .

Seungri cant help but bumped his forehead softly against the room door , before sighing hard.

Why I feel uneasy ? Why I feel bad ? I feel like I'll be tested for a great pain soon .

Yeah . I can feel it ,

when I look at Mrs. Lee's house earlier .

I feel like ,

I shouldnt accept the job offer .

However , my inner voice ask me to accept her . 

Because if I wanted to be with Jiyong ,

I first , must fight those fear I had in my life before ...

 

- TBC