Confession

All About You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Until your friend comes, can I stay with you?”

Kai turned around, his hand still placed over the handle of his cafe door. Sooa bit her lip and looked up at him with her widened eyes. “I’ll just hang around until Ara unnie comes. It’s better than staying alone isn’t it Kai?”

Kai stared at her for a moment in silence. “Consider me a friend as well. Besides, we’re colleagues now! So shouldn’t we be looking after each other?” she asked again cheerfully. Kai remained silent for a few seconds more, and slowly opened the door for her to enter. “Let’s have espresso barista-nim!” she giggled and walked in, making him follow her in silence.

 

* * * * * * * *

 

“I’m leaving. Good night.” Ara shot Suho a quick glance and walked out of the room. He followed out soon after, making his assistant shoot up from his seat. “At least let me give you a ride there. “It’s late and you need to be there quickly too.” Suho called after the girl who was walking away. She didn’t turn back, and walked straight out of the office. “See you tomorrow Yixing.” Suho gave Yixing a quick wave which the assistant returned with a bow, and he ran to the elevator.

 

Ara took her bag from her office and arrived at the ground floor, and walked out of the building in quick steps. Just when she stepped out of the building, a charcoal grey car came and braked right on front of her, making the girl come to an abrupt stop. The shutter slid down, and the CEO peeked from inside.

“I’m sorry if I was being rude earlier. Please get on. I’ll take you there as soon as possible.”

Ara sighed and looked away. “You friend needs you right now you said.” he continued to speak. “Just get on Ara-ssi.”

Letting out another sigh, Ara opened the door and got in, and closed the door grimly. “So where is he now?” he asked patiently, being as polite as possible, suppressing his real emotions. “You know where my apartment is right? His cafe is nearby. He’s in there right now.” She said.

 

* * * * * * * *

 

“Think about what will happen if you weren’t adopted into that family Kai.” Sooa began, after having the espresso he made for her. “You’d have grown up in an orphanage, and who knows how pathetic your life might have become if so?” she went on, trying to point out the good aspect of the problem.

“Then why did he use the very fact to hurt me?” Kai asked back. “Would he behave like the way he did today, if he really took me in as his son?” he asked, staring at his cup of coffee, which was untouched and getting cold.

Sooa shook her head. “Many parents are like that. Almost every one of them. They do get angry when their children are not doing well. And it’s normal for your dad to get furious seeing you running a cafe when you can have a whole different life with them.” She explained. “But that’s not what I want.” Kai muttered in reply. “I’m not saying your father is fair. Yes Kai he is rude and I never approve how he treated you today. But what I’m trying to tell you is, if you want to live your life the way you want, just show him. Show him how successful you can be without his inheritance. Build up your career and show him what you can do. Then he won’t be able to reject the fact that you are his own son!” Sooa said.

Kai looked at her, and stayed still glancing at her, lost in thoughts. Having his gaze on her, Sooa felt her cheeks heating up, a=and she was thankful for the fact that the cafe had only dim lights on.

“Hmm.”

He broke the silence with a low hum, and tore his eyes away from her to look at his coffee cup. “So now promise me, whenever you need a friend to talk these stuff, that you will talk to me.” Sooa said, holding out her palm. Kai looked at her, and then at her out stretched palm. “Ara unnie is your best friend I know that. But as I saw what happened here today, and as I will be working with you from now on, I also can be your friend right?” she asked with a smile.

And for the first time that evening, a genuine smile graced his lips and eyes. “Fine.” He placed his palm on hers. “I will talk whatever problem I have regarding family. And in return, you also can lean on me if you have any problem okay?” he added, holding her hand tight.

Sooa nodded happily. “Of course!” she said. “There are lots of stuff that I can’t possibly talk with oppa, so I will definitely need you. So... promise!” she took her hand off his hand and held out her pinkie finger, inviting him to make a promise. “Aish... how old are you chincha?” he chuckled, and entangled his pinkie finger with hers.

“See, you’re smiling now.” She said, watching his eyes crinkle with that smile.

 

* * * * * * * *

 

“Thank you Mr. Kim.” Ara gave him a slight bow before quickly getting off the car. “Go home safely!” Suho called out from the driver’s seat, and she turned away and rushed towards the cafe. Meanwhile the CEO decided to get off as well, unable to hold himself in, and he decided to walk behind her keeping his distance, just to see where she was heading and to see what’s wrong with Kai. Ara walked ahead without knowing he was following her, and came to the glass walled front of the cafe.

She came to an abrupt stop as soon as she saw the two figures sitting inside alone by themselves. Sooa was there with Kai, and had Kai’s palm on her palm, holding onto it, and the two were smiling at each other, talking something in low voices she could not hear.

 

Omo, what’s going on? Ara thought.

Did he get her because I was late? And seeing how he smiles now, is he alright now?

Doubting if something was going on between them, Ara decided to leave them and walk away. Any problem Kai was having, she thought she can ask him later on. Thinking that she turned back, to go to her apartment.

She almost jumped in shock when she saw the figure in tuxedo standing a few meters away from her, his hands in his pockets and staring at her with a questioning face. “Uh... I just, got off to see if Kai-ssi was alright... aren’t you going in Ara-ssi?”

With that he started walking up to her.

Omo, what if he sees his sister in here at this hour? That too, alone with Kai?

Horrified that the two will get caught by Kim Suho for something even she herself didn’t have a proper idea about, Ara rushed back to the CEO before he could reach the cafe. “They’re- not in Mr. Kim.” She blurted out, blocking his way from walking towards the cafe.

“They?” Suho raised an eyebrow at her. “Is there anyone else than Kai-ssi?” he asked.

Ara went white, and shook her head violently. “No I mean... Kai and his staff... none of them are in. I think all of them went home. So we too, must go home Mr. Kim.” She said, feigning a smile as natural as possible.

Suho eyed her doubtfully. “So does that mean, you’re not needed right now?”

“No Sir, I can go home. You too can go home sir.” She grinned at him.

Suho pursed his lips, taking his hands out of his pockets. “Then... mind having a coffee with me?”

 

 

 

Ara gripped her handbag and sat in the bench, waiting for him to arrive with coffee. In a few minutes he came back with two cans of coffee, handed her one and sat beside her on the bench. “It’s been a while since I had a canned coffee.” He said, opening his coffee.

Ara didn’t say anything, and silently opened her coffee and started to drink it.

“I’m not quite good at beating around the bush... so let me get straight to the point.” Suho said after taking sip from his coffee.

She felt uneasy. She felt what was coming, and it made her really uncomfortable. But she remained silent, until he spoke again.

“I like you Jeong Ara-ssi.”

He said looking straight at her face, which was turned down and fixed on the handbag on her lap. “It’s been a while since I became interested in you, and I now think I really like you.”

Ara held her breath, and gathering up all her courage, she looked up at the young CEO. “You don’t know me sir.” She said. You can’t just like someone you even know.”

Suho didn’t seem a budge the slightest bit. “I like you for what I see as Jeong Ara. And that’s all that matters to me. I like you, and just for the way you are. I don’t mind anything else.” He shrugged.

“I have my reasons for saying this Mr. Kim.” she smiled at him. “I can’t like you back no matter how much you like me.” She said.

Suho’s face darkened in a trice. “Are you... I mean, do you, like someone else?” he asked, his voice lowering and losing its courage. But she shook her head. “It’s not that. It’s just I’m not the type of person someone like you should be in a relationship with.” She got up, holding the coffee can in her hand. “I’ll leave first then.” She bowed him with a smile and walked away, not even waiting for another word from him.

 

Suho took out his phone right after she disappeared in the corner of the path.

“Yixing,” he spoke urgently when his assistants answered the call. “I want you to find everything about her...... what do you mean who? Jeong Ara of course! Find everything about her and bring me as soon as possible.”

 

* * * * * * * *

 

“So you say it’s was just the start of a new friendship huh?”

Ara asked as her best friend as he was reading the drama script in a room inside his cafe. He nodded in

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter