Comfort

All About You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Jeong Ara seriously???” Seyeon exclaimed a little too loud, making Ara scrunch her nose and switch off the TV. “What?”

“Did you really see a hickey on his neck and asked him what that was? Did you just drop out from elementary school?” Ara’s friend asked her, flailing her hands in the air looking horror-struck.

Ara watched her in silence and face palmed. “Do I look that stupid to you? Eh? It was clearly not a hickey. There were patches on his neck like bruises...the same kind you get when you eat pineapples.” She explained.

Seyeon bit her lip thoughtfully. “Is that so?” she mumbled in the end. “So it can be an allergic reaction right?”

Ara nodded. “Wonder there was something bad in my lunch that made him sick.” She sighed in despair. Seyeon watched her with an amused smirk. “Looks like this is gonna get more interesting.” She said in a voice, making Ara look up at her questioningly. “Never mind, forget it.” Seyeon brushed it off. “The reunion is on next Friday. You’ll be coming right?” she asked.

Ara stayed silent for a while and nodded. “Yeah, coming because there are at least one or two real friends who wait to see me. Not because I wanna show off anything, and I hate those snobs, waiting to look down on others and laugh behind their backs.” She added grumpily. “I bet they’ll bring up the rumour of me and Kai dating, and will find things to mock me with it.”

Seyeon sighed. “Don’t mind those third rated gossips.” She patted her friend’s hand. “They just envy you, that’s why they try to pick on you like that. So let’s just ignore them and have fun okay?” she asked with a smile. Ara smiled and nodded in reply.

 

* * * * * * * *

 

Suho entered the reception hall, and looked around. He was late to the occasion than he had planned to come, and the couple had already started giving wows. He looked around and saw an empty seat, and went to sit there.

“Oh! Mr. Kim! Never hoped to see you here.”

Suho turned to the person seated next to him, and gave him a small smile. “Well I was invited as well, Donghae hyung.”

Donghae nodded and pursed his lips, and turned back to the front. As someone who very well knew the past of Suho, Changmin and Yena, he was utterly surprised to see the young CEO there, but he knew the man too well to question further.

 

When the couple exchange rings, and finally kissed each other, Donghae glanced sideways at his CEO sitting beside him. Despite the cheers and applauses that were erupting the place, his eyebrows were narrowed, with his head turned downwards to stare at the floor. And as the couple walked down the aisle to exit the hall, everyone except Suho stood up, and Donghae silently patted his shoulder to bring him back to his senses. Suho looked up at him, and stood up from his seat, and quickly straightened his tuxedo. “I’ll get going then hyung. I’m kinda busy today.” He said with his usual smile. Donghae took hold of his upper arm, and stepped closer. “Stay a bit more as you came here. Mr. Shim will be glad that you’re here, and you know that can be advantageous to you Suho.” He explained. Suho turned to the older male and stared at him for a while, and finally gave in with a sigh.

 

Halfway through the function, the newly wedded couple were greeting their guests, and they came across the two men whom were surrounded by a several young actresses, and busy talking with them.

“Congratulations man!” Donghae gave Changmin his hand, and smile with the bride. “You look stunning today Yena-ssi.”

“Thank you.” the bride smiled at him, and turned to Suho, whom she had been waiting to talk to. “Though I invited you, I didn’t hope to see you here today Mr. CEO.”

She sounded annoyingly amused. Suho gave her a slight smile, which didn’t reach his eyes, and turned to Changmin. “Congratulations hyung.” he shook hands with the groom. “And to you too, Yena-ssi.” He eyed her again and said curtly.

Changmin took his hand with a warm smile, and shook it firmly. “Thank you so much for coming today Suho. I know how tight your schedule is.” He said, trying to ease the tension in the atmosphere among them. But Yena was his opposite, and said something again, that annoyed Suho even more.

“Changmin’s dad will be glad to see you here Suho.” She began. “What if when I throw the bouquet today, Jaeyeong happens to catch it? Then it means her marriage will be next, and of course, Mr. Shim would be glad to see his future son-in-law at the place when such a thing happens,” she said with a annoying smile. “Yena,” Changmin muttered under his breath, and Donghae eyed Suho nervously. The CEO was usually a person with immense patience, but once you get on his nerves, he’s never the one to play with.

Suho took in a deep breath and exhaled heavily. “Well then do me a favour Yena-ssi, tell Mr. Shim that was here, but had to leave because I had a clash in my schedules and that I’m extremely sorry to for not being able to meet him. And about Jaeyeong, her marriage has nothing to do with me so stop jumping into conclusions.” He said it all in one go, and turned to Changmin. “I’ll be leaving then hyung. He flashed him a smile. Good luck.” He turned to Donghae and patted him on the arm, and strode straight out of the reception hall, before any of them could even reply. Donghae glanced at Changmin, and saw his face darken in disappointment, and Yena, giving a slight smile to herself.

 

 

“Postpone the meeting to tomorrow.” Suho talked through the phone with Yixing, while he walked alone the jogging path of the park. “No Yixing, cancel that. I’m not in the mood today.” He added blankly. “And do me a favour. Call my mom and tell her not to wait for me for dinner. Tell her that I’m having a dinner meeting or something.” He said. “Nah, I’m alright Yixing. You don’t have to come over. Yeah...hmm.” he ended the call and switched off the phone, and put it into his pocket. He then looked around the park, which was filled with families since it was weekend, and also couples, whom were having a good time with their loved ones. He ed his jacket and rolled up its sleeves along with the shirt sleeves underneath, and stuffed his hands in the trouser pockets and walked down the path alone.

Meanwhile, Ara and Seyeon were coming out from the convenient store nearby the park, with the goods they bought to make dinner because Seyeon was planning to sleep over at Ara’s place that night. They crossed the road, and started walking along the side of the park, when Ara spotted the familiar figure in the park.

To Ara, he looked not so normal at the very first glance. He was sitting on a bench all alone, his left leg crossed over his right knee, hands fallen idly on his lap, and he eyes watching the people in the park with a blank expression on his face. In a park full of families and couples, he was the only alone figure she could see there.

“Seyeon, take these home, and if I’m late, start cooking okay?” she said in one go, and shoved all the grocery bags

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter