Two Different Secrets

All About You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Suho sat at his desk, and took a look at the CD in his hand again. And he placed the card with it aside, and switched on his laptop, to insert the CD to check out what was in it.

To Ara. From oppa. It said. As far as Suho knew, he didn’t have any younger cousins named Ara, or any childhood friends with that name. The only Ara he remembered is the script writer they found recently, or in other words, the girl who took his interest at the first glance. Wondering if this CD was related to the so called Ara from his childhood, he clicked to play it.

It had scenes from his childhood as expected. It was not a new thing to him, because his late father had made a lot of videos from and Sooa’s childhood memories, and this was similar to them, showing their daily behaviour as kids, and their cute moments, except for that this CD contained footage of another child.

It was a little girl. She appeared to be a bit younger than Suho, but older than Sooa.

Little Suho seemed to like this girl a lot. The video started with a footage of the two kids, Suho and the little girl singing together, where little Suho stopped singing midway and let the girl continue, and in the end, he clapped and cheered aloud, saying “Ara is the best!!!”

So this is that Ara. She looked really cute, and was dressed in dainty clothes, just like a doll with her curly hair. She too, seemed to be really fond of Suho, since she followed him everywhere, calling him ‘Oppa’ all the time.

At one time they two were sleeping soundly on Suho’s little car bed, when Suho’s dad entered the room holding the camera. When he took a close up, Suho looked up, and gestured his dad to stay silence by planting his tiny finger over his lips, afraid that Ara might get awakened.

Another time, the video first showed Sooa crying her heart out, and Suho’s dad, who was holding the camera asked Suho why his little sister was crying.

“She pinched Ara! So I hit her!!!” little Suho declared in anger. He looked furiously at his sister, and hugged the frightened Ara standing beside him.

 

“Suho... what are you drawing?” Suho’s mom asked the little boy once, as he was busy drawing something while lying on his bed. “Our family.” The boy looked up and grinned at his mom. “Oh...so this is you, Sooa, omma and appa?” his mom asked while pointing the camera at his drawing.

“Nope.” Suho answered sternly. “This is Ara. Not Sooa.” He stated. “I’m gonna send away Sooa with Auntie Sujeong and ask her to give me Ara.” He proudly answered.

 

Suho paused the video and leaned back on his chair. The smile grazed his lips for the first time that day, a true smile that is. A little girl, with cute curly hair and a dainty smile...

Can it be Jeong Ara?

He shook off the thought as soon as it hit his head, and stood up from his seat to walk out from his room. If it was this Jeong Ara, why didn’t he know her all this time? It looked like they were close family friends, so why didn’t they know each other for this long?
 

He stopped before walking down the stairs.

But still, this family of ‘Auntie Sujeong’ or someone, (as little Suho mentioned in the footage), he didn’t know any of their family friend’s in that name. Were they relatives then? Where are they now? Kim Suho is never a person to look into anything that had to deal with his mom or sister, nor didn’t relate with his business matters, but this little girl’s name being ‘Ara’, made him want to look more into this family.

 

“Omma,”

Suho’s mom turned around from the kitchen counter where she was busy baking cookies with a maid. “They’ll be finish in a few minutes, you can wait right?” she gave him a loving smile, and turned back to her work.

Suho dragged a chair from the kitchen table and sat on it without replying. “The wedding was held nicely... I mean it was fine...” he struggled to find proper words to put in, since he knew his mom was worried about him after Yena’s wedding, but didn’t want to ask him directly.

“Ah,” she mumbled with a nod, and turned back to look at his son. “Suho do you...want to talk about it?”

The maid sensed that the mom and son needed privacy, and left the kitchen with a bow. The lady put aside the dough and came to her son. But Suho shook his head with a smile. “I’m alright omma, but there’s something else I want to ask you.”

“What is it darling?” his mom asked, taking a seat facing him.

“Who is Ara? And who is Auntie Sujeong?”

 

It didn’t even take a second for his mom to turn pale completely, making Suho’s curiosity increase even more. “Where are they now?”

 

“H-how do you know them?” she stuttered back a question. “Do you remember them?”

He shook his head. “I just happened to find some videos of them. And they seem pretty close with our family. So I wondered who they were and why we’re no longer in touch with them.” He explained.

A sigh left his mother’s lips. “Han Sujeong was a good friend of mine.” She pursed her lips with a smile. “Her family was quite close with us, and their daughter is Ara.”

“Where are they now omma?”

She shook her head. “They had some problems... which caused them to move out of town.” She answered. “And don’t you know where they live now?” Suho questioned her again, eager to know whether his guess was right or not.

“Um... so did talk with Changmin and Yena today? I mean, did you give them my regards as well?” his mom quickly asked, suddenly interested in the wedding that she didn’t even clear her schedule to attend to.

Suho blinked at his mom. Did she just change the subject because she didn’t want to talk about her friend? And why is that?

“Uh... yeah, I guess.” He gave her a slight smile and nodded.

Alright. So there’s a reason she doesn’t want to talk about them, and that might be the same reason that they are no longer friends. He didn’t want to pester his mom, if she didn’t want to talk about that. Instead, he decided to search about this family and this girl, on his own.

 

* * * * * * * *

 

“I know I’m not someone to give you advise sir,” Yixing started, as he and Suho were on their way to a board meeting next day. “But I think it’s time you meet someone.” He added in a low voice.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter