A Bitter Past

All About You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“It is a scar of a stab wound.” Suho replied. “Not one, as you can see. I have four scars to be exact, because I was repeatedly stabbed four times.”

 

Ara stared at him with widened eyes in silence. He stared back with a blank expression, and her eyes travelled down to the scars in his abdomen. She blinked and looked back at him. “Don’t ask me why I was stabbed.”

 

* * * * * * * *

 

Ara woke up next morning with a severe neck pain, cause by the uncomfortable sitting position she had fallen asleep the previous night. She didn’t take their discussion further after he asked her not to ask about the scars, and had covered herself in the blanket and closed her eyes in silence. Though she hadn’t fallen asleep for a long time, yet had pretended to sleep until he really fell asleep, sitting opposite to her. it took more than three hours for him to really fall asleep, she knew because that was when she stared hearing his deep and rhythmic slow breathing, indicating that he had really fallen asleep. And she fell asleep soon after, wondering what kind of incident might have caused someone like Kim Suho to get stabbed. It didn’t make sense to her at all.

 

“I heard the monks saying the road has been cleared.”

She looked up to see him standing at the other corner of the room, already dressed in his shirt which had dried through the night. He had it buttoned up and tucked in, he was rolling up the sleeves. “Good morning.” He flashed a friendly smile at her.

Ara muttered a good morning and stood up to fold the blanket. But he walked over and took it from her hands. “I’ll tidy up things. Go and wash your face outside.” He said with another warm smile. “We shouldn’t be bothering people here. Let’s get down town and have something for breakfast Arasso?” he asked.

Ara nodded in silence. And as he started folding the blanket, she silently exited the room to get cleaned up.

 

Once Ara had washed up and returned to the room, he was already exiting with his trench coat and her handbag in his hands. “Let’s go.”

They thanked the monks for letting them stay the night, and refused their offer to stay for breakfast with them, and started walking down the road to where his car was parked.

 

It took Ara a good amount of time to gather up the courage and ask him her question directly. “Mr. Kim,” she stopped on her track and looked at him. He stopped as well, and turned to face her.

“Why would someone as perfect as you, who can court a great girl who has everything-”

“Would like someone like you?” Suho completed her question. And a slight smile curved the corners of his lips as he kept looking at her. She stared at him, unable to read the emotions written on his face.

“You keep on forcing me to bring out things I want to bury.” He said. “I’m someone who’s been living with nothing but hatred and regret for the past few years. And I thought I’d be living the rest of my life like that as well. but just the sight of you could make a change. I still don’t know why, but you have that effect on me that makes me wanna live.”

Ara stared at him, not knowing how to respond to the words she was hearing from him. “Take me for being too straightforward or whatever. I don’t care. I’m just speaking my mind. For someone who lived only because his family needed him, just your presence itself can bring a smile. That’s why I want to try it again. I want to try and be in a relationship, although it’s the thing I hate most in my life.” He bit his inner cheek and stayed silence for a moment.

“If it’s you, I wanna fall in love again.”

 

* * * * * * * *

 

Forgive me, for leaving you, your mom and your sister. I was diagnosed with a lung cancer, and I didn’t want to be a burden to your mom, after all the pain I have caused her. I’m sorry, but I choose to leave this world myself. I won’t live until this cancer takes over me. I’m leaving you, hoping your life will be way better without me.

 

Those lines kept flashing in front of Sooa’s eyes, as she laid on her bed and stared at the ceiling. A knock was heard on the door and it opened, and a maid poked her head in. “Madam asked you to come down for breakfast Miss.” She said.

“I’ll have it later. Tell omma to have it without me.” Sooa replied, taking aside the book she had spread on her chest. “Tell her I have some work to finish before noon.”

The maid bowed and left, closing the door behind her. Sooa sighed and rolled on her bed, taking her phone to hand.

2 missed calls from Kai.

Kai;

Yo!

Kim Sooa...

*sticker of an anxious bear*

Okay this is embarrassing but I’m nervous coz the shooting starts tomorrow...

Need your hellllllppppp!!!

 

She could have laughed at his cuteness if she wasn’t shaken completely from the contents of the diary beside her. She typed a quick reply and threw the phone aside.

 

Good morning Kai... ^^ we’ll meet after lunch in your cafe.

 

She pushed away the blanket with her feet and grabbed the book again. She heaved a heavy sigh, opening it again.

 

You may be still considering me your beloved dad, unless your mom has told you every truth behind my death. But knowing Yang Mijeong, I think most probably she hid everything from you and your sister. She won’t ever want her children to hate their father.

But my son, I think you need to know the truth. At least you. Because I don’t want you to live your life like I did. I don’t want you to ruin your life and ruin the lives of all your loved ones, like I did. Forgive me once again, for what I am going to confess, and for leaving you behind and running away from my life.

 

Your mom might have told you. I used to work as a clerk in a local bank, and that was when I met your mom. A naive and childish high school girl she was, she started having feelings for me soon, and I didn’t think twice about being together with her, because I knew how wealthy her family is, and given that her looks and personality too, was really attractive.

They say no matter how you try to lie to yourself, your true feelings would give away yourself someda

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter