Casted.

All About You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“What on earth were you thinking Kim Kai???”

Ara sprang at her manager aka best friend, as soon as they stepped into the isolated car park of the hotel. Kai pretended not to hear her words, and unlocked his car while walking towards it. He then opened the passenger seat’s door for her, and without waiting for her to get in, he walked around and got into the driving seat.

“Don’t you realize what a great opportunity you just missed?” Ara asked again, getting into the passenger seat and closing the door. “SJ Entertainment is one of the biggest-”

“I know.” Kai cut her off carelessly and revved the engine. “I know how big their agency is, and I know how hard it is to get casted into SJ.” He started driving out of the car park.

“Then?” Ara whined.

“I just don’t want to! I don’t feel like doing it at all.” He shrugged.

Ara sighed. “So stubborn you.” she mumbled grumpily. “Stubborn? Me?” Kai asked with a chuckle, his eyes still set on the road ahead.

“Yeah you. Do you want me to bring back everything you did a several years ago? From the day you left your home to the day you decided to stay as my manager?” she replied with a scoff.

This time he sighed. “Being your manager is my choice okay? And I have my cafe too. That’s more than enough for me. End of story. I’m not gonna be an actor or model or idol or whatever. That’s it.” He deadpanned.

“What will be the end of your stubbornness Kai? What kind of reason will make you give up on running away from everything and return to your family?” she asked in total disappointment.

“Never.” He answered curtly, before loosening his bow tie and ing the top button of his collar. He then the radio as a signal to end the conversation. Ara sighed and turned to look out of the window.

 

Kai was the eldest son of his family, which owned one of the biggest hospitals in Seoul and a group of hospitals a over the country. His parents wanted him, the heir of the hospital group to become a doctor, or at least major in business studies, in order to take over the group of hospitals. But what he wanted was to live a carefree life, and he chose cinema and visual arts as his major. His parents, whom were nothing but completely business minded, went berserk about his decision and Kai ended up leaving the house, to move into an apartment and live alone. After he and Ara completed the degree, Ara decided to proceed with her master’s degree and her writing, while Kai decided to become her manager to help her as her work started becoming top hit novels. Meanwhile he opened a cafe nearby Ara’s apartment complex, and it became quite a success mainly because the extremely handsome owner of the cafe attracted all the women and girls of the neighbourhood. And it had been the same ever since, he enjoyed his simple life, helping his best friend and running his cafe.

 

“By the way Kai,” Ara turned back to him, after a few minutes silence in the car, except for the classic numbers playing on the radio and Kai humming along it. “Hmm?” he replied, without taking his eyes off the road.

“That CEO, he was quite handsome wasn’t he?” she asked with a cheeky grin. This time he turned to her with an amused smirk, because Jeong Ara finding a guy cute was such a rare incident. “Why...It’s just I found his smile so cute.” She pouted and looked away. A chuckle escaped his lips, hearing her words. “First handsome, and now his smile is cute?” he eyed her with the corner of his eyes. “Yah! I’m just telling you I found him a little bit attractive!” Ara snapped at him.

His smirk turned into a sarcastic grin. “You’re too naive girl...and you don’t know men. He’s a businessman, and a best one at it. So it’s one of his business tactics to plaster that smile to win the hearts of people he need to deal with. And since he is somewhat handsome, he’s using his good looks for that too. Just don’t get fooled by that angel mask. You’ll never know who the real person behind it is.” He took off his hand from the steering wheel and ruffled her hair.

“Whatever.” She muttered to herself and stared out at the road with a pout.

 

* * * * * * * *

 

“I need two hours free from today’s schedule Yixing.”

Suho said, closing the folder on his table and handing it over to his assistant, who was standing in front of him. The young Chinese man bit his lip in frustration, as he went through Suho’s schedule in his mind. “Two hours around what time sir?” he asked after awhile.

“Around lunch.” The young CEO answered.

“I’m sorry sir. Your whole day is packed with appointments from artists, and even the lunch is planned with two executive directors from KBC. And after lunch there’s a newspaper interview to be done sir.” Yixing poured out Suho’s schedule in front of him. Suho sighed in despair. “But I promised mom that I will make time.” he mumbled. “How about dinner?” he looked back at his assistant.

This time Yixing fidgeted on the spot he was standing, and looked at his boss like a kid who had done something wrong. “Don’t tell me...” Suho eyed him disbelievingly. “Is it today? That I’m to have dinner with Mr. Shim?”

Yixing nodded slowly. Suho scoffed leaned back on his chair. “You don’t know how lucky you are Yixing. You can go home and have a ramyeon all alone while I have to rot in a restaurant tonight with that snobbish dad and his bratty daughter.” He grumbled. Yixing let out an uneasy smile at his words. “Just endure it sir, he’s your father’s friend, and will be joining you for the upcoming hotel project soon.” He said. “Just endure it until then, sir, it’s for your own good.” He said, flashing his charming, friendly smile.

Suho returned his smile with another smile. “Yeah right man. It’s for the company’s sake.” He said in agreement.

 

* * * * * * * *

 

Suho heaved a sigh before opening the door. It was the room which was reserved for dinner by his father’s long time friend and business partner, Shim Myeonghwan. Suho never liked his personality, but always endured him for the sake of business matters and their family friendship. And his daughter, Shim Jaeyeong, was another matter. She was a spoilt girl, always being pampered by his father and given everything. She had been a little bully and nuisance to Suho and his sister even when they were kids, and to Suho’s horror, she joined SJ entertainment as a modelling trainee as soon as Suho became the CEO. But no one could refuse her remarkable talent in acting, and she became a well appreciated young actress in just one or two dramas. So even though Suho knew very well that Jaeyeong’s dad had intentions of marrying her off to Suho one day, and even though he hated the mere thought of it, he kept the young actress in his agency, because she was definitely worth it.

“Oh! Suho you are here!” the cheerful looking middle aged man spread out his arms and welcomed Suho in, as the young CEO entered the room and closed the door behind him. “Sorry for being late Mr. Shim, my schedule was too packed today and it was hard to step out of the head office.” Suho gave his excuse with a bow.

Mr. Shim waved away his excuse. “It doesn’t matter at all, young man, I know the life of a business man.” He chuckled as Suho took a seat I front of the father and the daughter. Shim Jaeyeong, who was sitting beside her dad, looked from Suho to the door, and back at

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter