Chapter 2: The New Roommates

Extra Terrestrial Legacy
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Stephanie was in bed, like usual, only this time she was genuinely tired. She had spent all night going through applicants for her new roommates, but she only managed to narrow it down to ten people out of the forty or so applicants. She was content that Mr. Lee would pick the best out of the last ten she had selected, so she called it the night and went drifted off to sleep. However, the next morning she was alarmed to be awakened by the click and the clack of the door lock. She just assumed it was Mr. Lee coming to retrieve the applications from her, but his voice wasn’t the only one she could hear. “What the hell…” She asked herself. Stephanie got up and pressed her ears firmly against the door, trying to listen in on the conversation.

“DAEBAK! You weren’t lying Mr. Lee, this place really is amazing.” Said an unknown voice.

“I’m glad it’s to your liking Ms. Choi, what about you Ms. Jung? What are your thoughts.”

“Ms. Choi? Ms. Jung?” Stephanie went over to her list of last ten applicants and none of the candidates had the last names she had just heard of.  “What the hell is he up to? Stephanie questioned.”

“Mrs… It’s Mrs. Choi-Jung,” Jessica said raising her left hand towards him to show off her stunning diamond engagement ring.

“Oh, my apologies Mrs. Choi-Jung, what are your thoughts on the apartment?” He asked bowing in respect to her icy attitude. Jessica observed the apartment slowly, making mental notes about the pros and cons that she could detect. “Hmm, small, can’t have any meetings here, let alone parties.” She moved closer towards the balcony and made more observations. “The view’s nice, but the sound of traffic will drive me crazy. And what do you have to say about that smell? Does a homeless drunk guy live here?” Jessica scoffed.

“Oh Mrs. Jung…”

“CHOI-Jung.” Jessica retorted.

“My apologies again, Mrs. Choi-Jung, but the smell is temporary, I assure you the other tenant will rid of the odor immediately.” Mr. Lee Explained.

“And where is this other tenant? You told us she was a good person, yet in my books, alcoholic doesn’t exactly fall under that category.” Stephanie had enough with this woman, who was she to judge her? She didn’t even know her? Well, she was about to. Stephanie erupted through the doorway, bottle in hand, fully prepared to act as drunk as she possibly could, but the extreme level of shock on their face caught her off guard. Stephanie hadn’t even started acting yet, but the shocked expressions were enough to let Stephanie know an act wasn’t needed to scare them. “Soo…” Jessica said slowly.

“Yeah…”

“Are you…” Jessica asked hesitantly.                                                                                 

“… Thinking what I’m thinking?” Sooyoung finished Jessica’s question. Jessica slowly moved forward to Stephanie. In all honesty, from the way she talked, Stephanie was expecting a much tougher looking girl, but the girl who stood before her was quite beautiful. But makes sense, she also had a beautiful wife. Stephanie watched intently as Jessica closed the gap between them, she had no idea what was going on, but what she was certain of, was she wasn’t going to show fear. “Is there a proble…” Stephanie was about to ask what Jessica’s issue was with her, but before she could finish, Jessica had reached out a firmly pinched her cheek.

“OMG, She’s real!!” Jessica exclaimed.

“What? Of course, I’m real…” Stephanie was once again cut off by a hand squishing her sun-kissed skin.

“Daebak!! The resemblance is uncanny…” Sooyoung stated with much interest.

“Umm, I don’t appreciate you guys touching me without my permission,” Stephanie said as she wiped her reddened cheek.

“Sorry, but you look exactly like I friend from high school,” Sooyoung explained.

“She even had the same hair colour as you, but she’s been going natural with the black hair since we graduated,” Jessica added.

“Well, as far as I’m aware, I’m the only Stephanie Hwang…”

“HWANG!!” Sooyoung and Jessica exclaimed.

“What now?” Stephanie asked bluntly.

“She had that same last name, you sure you’re not related

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter