Chapter 25: We Make Our Own Destiny (Filler)

Extra Terrestrial Legacy
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Stephanie, Taeya, and Dean continued to search the now abandoned laboratory while carefully carrying Jessica’s unconscious body. Stephanie had filled in Taeya and Dean about everything she had heard from Hyde. Everything from how long he had been on earth, what his powers were and what his plan was, basically just how much of a horrific monster Hyde was.  “If that’s true… if he can see the future… what chance do we really have?” Taeya asked. Taeya was always one to be positive about situations, she always saw the silver lining because in her life she had no choice, but even she had believed that their chances at victory were zero to none now.

“He can’t see the exact future, he sees possible futures. All possible futures dependent on choices made prior to his predictions and there must be one other way we could win, truly win.” Stephanie replied.

“But he’s been playing this for years and so far, everything has gone exactly the way he wanted it. At this point, we might just be delaying the inevitable…” Taeya sighed.

“Come on Taeya, we can’t give up. We’ll make a plan.” Dean encouraged.

“Planning against him is like digging our own…” Before Taeya could finish her sentence, Stephanie reached for her hand and gripped it tightly.

“Taeya, I don’t know for sure if his powers are real, after all, he claims he was given them by the Oracle, a forth divinity who not many people believe to even exist. I don’t know if we will win, but what I do know is that we can’t lose hope.” Stephanie’s eyes trailed over to Jessica’s limp body, she was in desperate need of help, so was Sooyoung. “She needs us, Soo needs us and all of L.A., no, the entire universe needs us. If Hyde really does have a superhuman weapon at his disposal, who knows how far his tyranny will go, we have to be the ones to end it.” Stephanie stated.

“Seems like the tables have turned.” Taeya smiled slightly. “You’re the one encouraging me now.” She chuckled.

“I don’t believe in destiny, Taeya. We make our own destiny, we decide our own fate. Hyde can’t tell me we’ve already lost. I’ve lost one family to the divinities because they couldn’t stop Nova’s advancing technology. They couldn’t handle that we were living longer and longer so they tried to exterminate us. Hyde thinks he can do whatever he wants because he has powers, just like the divinities. If he thinks I’m going to just let him take my world and the people I care about, he can think again. It isn’t over, not until we get Soo back, not until we make him pay for all the lives he’s ruined.” Stephanie released Taeya’s hand and pulled her into a side hug. Stephanie didn’t know where his biological family was now, they could be anywhere in the galaxy. But her family of earth, Taeya, Jessica, Sooyoung and even Dean, was her priority now. She wasn’t going to let anything happen to them, she was determined to break Hyde’s plan, no matter what it takes to achieve it.

 

Taeya and Dean take a stop at one of the many doors in the corridor. The label placed at the side of the door frame read “Incubation Room” which caught Stephanie’s eyes. She had an idea what would be behind the door, part of her hoped she was wrong, but deep down she knew she had to brace herself for the worst. Taeya turned the handle and revealed the room within, it was pitch black except for the blue lights of screen panels all in an array around the room. Taeya flipped the light switch against the cold metallic wall and revealed Stephanie’s worst nightmare. One by one, the lights flashed into existence, beginning at the front of the room and moved incrementally towards the back. Each flash of light was a dagger to Stephanie’s pride, each sound of the spotlights bursting to life was pounding against Stephanie’s heart. The room was finally fully lit, and if she was being honest, could not have gotten any worse than it was. The first eight incubation pods had revealed the last people on the list of disappearances over the past three years. The next two pods after those were labeled “Kyuhyun” and “Joohyun”. All the people Stephanie had been searching for, all the people she wished she could help, were all there, floating lifelessly in blue fluid. Stephanie quickly dashed to the nearest pod and tried her b

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter