Chapter 23: Baby Steps in Progress

Extra Terrestrial Legacy
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Time had flown since Hyde and Doctor Kim had come to an agreement. She had achieved scientific breakthroughs she would have never imagined she would complete in her lifetime. She had minimized the cold fusion reactor and placed it inside Dean which not only preserved his life but also concluded her refinements to create a fully functional android that would last centuries, if not millennia. The miniaturized version had slight complications, but it was a powerful improvement to the simple battery power that was barely keeping Dean breathing. She continued to refine the cold fusion technology until a perfect form was made for Hyde’s own robotic body. The melting glacialite that was ticking down his life spam was now gone and replaced with a diamonds plated torso and limbs. The only glacialite piece that remained was his master cell located in the skull of his robotic body. The diamond plated metal made him, physically, the strongest being on earth, maybe even in the whole milky way galaxy. Once his body was fully replaced, it was time for them to continue their operation to create the ultimate specimen. However, it seemed that they had underestimated the cost of creating Hyde’s own body, the real Hyde Jung was a multi-millionaire, but the new Hyde had a huge fraction of his fortune creating the materials for his brand new, robotic body. He needed to make money quickly, but Hyde’s fortune was created through investing in the best and most upcoming business and products. The new Hyde had the gift of foresight, which meant making investments and even gambling here and there would make him a quick flow of cash, but that wasn’t sustainable at all. Genetic modification research to create the greatest genetic organism in the universe would cost billions of dollars, he would need a small empire to fund such an ambitious project and that’s exactly what Hyde did. He created his own street gang, one that would stretch all corners of Los Angeles, one that would not only provide a steady cash flow for the project but also provide eyes and ears on the streets of the city. Most of all, if Dr. Kim ever needed subjects for the experimentations, the thugs could easily kidnap her subjects.

 

Slowly, the authorities were encroaching on their movements, Hyde’s gang known as the “Blazers” were being heavily investigated by the L.A.P.D’s organized crime unit. If Hyde failed to act he knew the trail of the drugs, money, and kidnappings would find their way back him. The only way to protect his organization was to have the police become a part of it. Paying off a few police officers was easy, but gaining the influence over every precinct in the city would take much more than just bribes. Hyde would need power over the law, over the system that the police fought so dearly to protect. So he began his political campaign, slowly inching his way higher on the political ladder. His influence grew, his secret empire expanded, and his fortune flourished. In no time at all, Hyde had Los Angeles in the palm of his hand, kidnappings were happening left right and center and very few of them were even being reported. Hyde’s plan was going exactly as expected, even Dr. Kim’s failings in her first few subjects were exactly as he intended from his predictions. “Log 110, Dr. Kim speaking. Another subject has passed, bonding of extra-terrestrial DNA has once again resulted in a negative response. The human subjects continue to reject the foreign materials being planted in their genome. Their body, their immune system begins to attack itself when the foreign material is detected, causing a fatal reaction for the host. This had resulted in another death, however, this subject survived for an extra month compared to the other previous subjects. Further testing must be done to identify the key difference this subject had to them. Maybe when I have pinpointed that variable, I will determine the key to genetic splicing of human DNA and alien DNA.” Dr. Kim ended the recording and slammed the recorder directly on her chrome table in rage. “Years of work and still no success.” She sighed.

“Don’t tell me you expected it to be easy?” He laughed. She turned to the mocking voice behind her and sent her coldest glare she could muster.
“You find this amusing? My continuous failure doesn’t seem to surprise you… don’t tell me you expected me to fail?” She questioned.

“Dr. Kim, you cannot have breakthroughs without failure. This is science, not…”

“Magic? Is that what you were about to say? Because I seem to recall you saying that magic was real?” She questioned.

“Yes, magic is indeed real and is in fact why I know you will fail many more times before your breakthrough.” He concluded.

“Ahh right… you claim to be this precognitive ability. Well, why don’t you just hand over your crystal ball so I can find the answer I’m looking for, huh? Why not just tell me? Why not just give me the tools I need to create this ultimate being??” She questioned angrily.

“I’m sorry Dr. Kim, it’s not that simple. My predictions fuel my plans and my plans result in ultimate victory, you cannot rush the process, you cannot skip steps. Everything you do now, everything I allow you to do now, whether that be to fail or succeed, will determine the quickest route to our ultimate weapon. This will take years, decades even. But it is all about patience. Trust me, Doctor, you will be the one to create the master specimen without the aid of my powers. You will be the one to do this on your own skill, not my predictions. Put it this way, I merely a navigator in your car, you and only you have your hands on the wheel and feet on the pedal.” Hyde explained. Dr. Kim sighed, she had never rushed her work before, but for some reason, she was impatient about this project. She was so close to key to immortality, close to having unlimited life so she could continue her work for millennia and restore Earth’s climate. “Alright… I’ll continue my research.” She stated.

“Oh, one more thing, Doctor.” He started, “I can’t tell you exactly how you will create the perfect specimen, but I can say that it won’t simply be splicing of a human and one alien organism. We’ll need other alien species at our disposal, so you’re going to need to create this.” Hyde handed Dr. Kim schematics for what seemed to be a pair of robotic eyes.

“Miniaturized atomic microscopes… what is this for??” She questioned.

“Well, believe it or not, Dr. Kim, but many alien organisms have the same physical appearance as yourself. This has been the optimal physic for the strongest organisms all over the universe with slight variations of course. But since other alien species can appear human, we must detect them through other means than their outer appearance. This optic system will allow the bearer to zoom into other organisms’ DNA and allow them to identify alien DNA.” He explained.

“Alright, send another subject in and I’ll begin constructions and implant it immediately…”
“Ahh no Dr. Kim, having this technology in the wrong hands could expose me and my true identity. They’ll be able to see my body’s true material, we must keep the technology within our grasps only.” He added.

<
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter