Chapter 17: Survivors?

Extra Terrestrial Legacy
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Stephanie and Taeya quickly jumped across the city and found lucrative Blazer club “The Heat”. As Taeya stared over at Stephanie she could sense she was feeling tense about the operation. She wasn’t scared of the hostile environment, but there was something bothering her and Taeya knew exactly what it was. J.H. or Jasper Harris abducted Taeya three years ago and she knew that Stephanie would take this meeting very personally. Taeya obviously knew that Stephanie wouldn’t kill him, but she had to make sure Stephanie’s mind was calm to avoid any risk. Taeya walked up to her slowly and gave her a soothing back hug. Her arms surrounded Stephanie’s midsection and squeezed with all her might as she knew it was impossible to heart Stephanie. “You feeling okay, Stephie?” Taeya asked. Stephanie heard the soft voice behind her and froze. She had only reunited with Taeya earlier today, but it already felt like they had never even separated. Stephanie’s hands found their way to Taeya’s and she caressed them slowly as she said “Yeah, I’m feeling great since you’re here with me. I don’t… know how I survived without you.” Stephanie choked.

“Yeah, I feel the same way.” If it were even possible, Taeya hugged the girl even tighter than before.

“Look, Stephie, I know you might have a personal vendetta against Harris, but you gotta remember to stay calm. Don’t…”

“I know Taeya. He’s an , no, he’s worse than that, he’s a pathetic piece of…” Stephanie took a slow breath and reevaluated her following words. “Anyone who tries to hurt you will always be scum in my eyes, but I’ve learned my lesson, no matter my personal feelings I don’t have the right to take someone’s life away.” Stephanie nodded. “I’ll kick his , throw him over to the police where he can spend a few decades behind bars and if he walks straight back to his life of crime, I’ll throw him back in that cell myself,” Stephanie stated sternly. Taeya couldn’t be prouder of this girl after hearing what she had just stated. As much as Taeya would have liked to lodge a bullet straight between his eyes, she knew that wasn’t the right way. But one thing’s for sure, he wasn’t getting away tonight, his run of ruining people’s lives would end tonight and the hostages he held would be safe to return. This all ends now.

 

Stephanie and Taeya briefly went over the plan again to make sure they knew exactly how the operation would run. It was fairly simple, Stephanie walks through the crowd of dancing drunks, walks up the stairs, finds the guarded room, takes the guard furthest from the window out while Taeya knocks out the other, burst into Jasper Harris’s office and kick his . As long as everything goes exactly as planned, they shouldn’t have any problems, but of course, plans were never that simple. Stephanie walked into the front door of the club and every inch was filled with rowdy dancers bumping and grinding against one another. It was filthy, Stephanie felt shamed to even set foot here. It was true that she used to go clubbing with Taeya when they still lived with each other, but every experience was to her regret. She hated crowds, she couldn’t get drunk and the music was always trashy. “Have I ever told you how much I hate clubs?” Stephanie could barely hear herself speak so she simply hoped someone on the coms picked up her message.
“Yeah, you used to say it all the time, Stephie. But there’s nothing wrong with going to a club every now and then.” Taeya laughed.

“Yeah Stephanie, you’re young. You should live a little before it’s too late.” Hyori added.

“The whole concept of this place is completely against my biology. People come here to get drunk and meet people, do I have to remind you all I don’t get drunk??” Stephanie shouted. In a normal situation, it would seem like Stephanie as insane talking to herself, but the other people in the crowd simply didn’t care. They were having too much of a good time. “You can’t get drunk, but what happened to the other thing? You can still talk to people.” Hyori laughed.

“You know I hate people.” Stephanie sighed.

“That’s not true, you love me.” Taeya laughed.

“You’re not exactly a normal person, Taeya. Neither is Jess, Soo or Hyori, we’ve all seen things that normal people wouldn’t believe in. Therefore, not normal people.” Stephanie argued.

“Hmm, I think she has a point there. By the way, what the hell are you doing? Stop sitting at the bar and get to the second floor already.” Hyori urged.

“I can’t just walk straight up from when I entered. That would be way too suspicious, I need to act like I’m just a regular girl having some drinks.” Stephanie replied.

“Stephie, I don’t think you have time for that…” Taeya said slowly.

“What? Why not?” Taeya looked over towards the office area, but she couldn’t see a thing with the windows so heavily tinted. So, she retrieved her thermal lens and peered through the walls of the building and noticed something strange. The office was huge, but Taeya could clearly see which one was Harris, the huge desk in front of him was rather a giveaway. However, that wasn’t the strange part, there was a man in there who seemed to be strapped to a chair with two men around him continuously swinging something in his direction. Whoever this man was, he was getting beat ruthlessly, Stephanie didn’t have time to keep the act up, she had to stop this immediately. She bolted up from the bar stool and shoved anyone blocking her from the stairs aside. Blazers, customers, underaged drinkers, it didn’t matter, she weaved through the crowd like a brand-new lawnmower. Some of the Blazers who were partying amongst the customers could tell something was going on, but with so many people around, they didn’t dare pull out their firearms. Taeya could see a bit of movement from the dance floor closing in on Stephanie’s position and she knew what she had to do to keep them off. “Stephanie, you got some people on your tail, if I take a shot at the guard now, the sound of the gunshot should send people into panic long enough to keep those other guys off of you, but the other guard might inform Harris,” Taeya explained.

“Do it, I’m almost to the staircase, I’ll jump to the top, put my suit on and take the other guard before he even knows it.” BANG! The thundering noise of the gunshot was immediately followed by the shattering of the window and the fall of a six-foot, muscular man crashing to the ground. The sounds forced the crowds into panic and the sea of people were pushing and shoving their way to the exit. The stampede was deadly, a few people were being trampled on by the constant flow of panicked feet, but another gunshot was heard once more, but not from Taeya. “If y’all want to leave here then do it orderly! Or am going to really give you something to be scared about!!” Yelled one of the Blazers. It seemed they had enough of the crowd negating them from moving to the stairs, so they forced the people to slow down their movement. Obviously, the crowd complied, but once they were through the doors, they ran in any direction they could see. The some had alerted the police about the Blazers hiding there, soon they would arrive to arrest anyone who was associated with the gang. “Stephanie, the police have been alerted about the club, you only have ten, maybe fifteen minutes to get Jasper to talk before they see ,ou.” Hyori warned.

“That’s plenty.” Stephanie had already pressed the triangle against her chest and her suit formed immediately. She kicked the remaining guard at the back of the head as he attempted to take care of his fallen comrade. “Taeya, can you take out the guys beating up the hostage?” Stephanie asked.

“I got shots on them both, but the brickwork is way too thick for these tranquilizing rounds.” Taeya replied.

“Alright, I’ll make an opening for you.” Stephanie kicked the door with all her strength, sending it flying straight to Harris who was sitting behind his des

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter