9: first date

the purple left behind
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

lmao so like 360 b/c i love fluff 

 

Their date hasn’t started, but Jungkook already feels like a mess. It was one of those bad hair days - or maybe those this doesn’t look good enough days, because nothing looks right. His date hadn’t mentioned where they’re eating, and figures it’s a casual kind of night because Suga doesn’t seem like a fine dining type of guy, or maybe Jungkook just wants to convince himself of that.

 

He dresses in light blue ripped jeans, and a black t-shirt tucked into his jeans, showing off his small waist. The younger doesn’t think it’s enough, but before he could change again, a familiar caller ID pops up, signalling the older was here.

 

He’s giddy and nervous as hell, but he scrambles out of his dorm room, apparently unable to walk like a normal human being, because a couple of his friends look at him strangely as he skips out of the lobby. He was so nervous and bubbly that he hadn’t even picked up the call, so Suga has the phone to his ear when they meet.

 

The rapper parked across the street, and was leaning against the hood of his car when Jungkook found him. He couldn’t help but pause when his eyes landed on the older, who smirked a bit exasperated at the dramatic effect. The older looked good - Jungkook thought black looked good on a lot of people, but that thought was wiped from his memory. His blond hair was dyed black, and so was the rest of his outfit; wearing a black turtleneck under a black oversized leather jacket and black ripped jeans.

 

“You look good” the older says as he approaches, a bit flustered himself. “You ready?”

 

“Yeah” Jungkook says breathlessly, and fumbles with his next words, “thanks for, um, taking me out, Suga hyung.”

 

The smile that stretches out over his features is much more breathtaking than his smirks, Jungkook realizes. He barely notices the older had opened the door for him before he says in his deep voice, “it’s Yoongi. Min Yoongi.”

 

The younger sinks in his seat as the car starts, and soon enough they fall into conversation about the weather. It’s such an awkward and weird topic, but Jungkook quickly drops into the material he’s learning in his science class with the weather and atmospheres. Suga -- or, rather, Yoongi, seems amused about it all himself, so the younger keeps going.

 

He seems to take Jungkook’s rambling all into stride, contributing to the conversation here and there.

 

They pull up to a family restaurant, with a grills and everything, and Jungkook glances around, unsure. Korean BBQ family restaurants require a few more people for one grill, but Yoongi walks in and addresses the staff as if he’s been here plenty of times. They seem pleased to see him, and were happy to bend the rules for the rapper, seating them in a table by the window, showing off the city view.

 

“So glad to see Yoongi-gun with his friends” the older woman beamed, nudging the older and not noticing Jungkook goes stiff for a moment.

 

Yoongi’s talent seems to be confidence and being shameless, because he says in his usual blank look, “actually, we’re on a date, halmoni.”

 

The younger positively blushes, while the owner seemed to light up and says, “even better!”

 

It’s a barbeque place, but it serves lamb skewers, which Yoongi explains that it’s the reason he comes back so often. His mom makes them, and this restaurant is the only one who can compete with his mom’s cooking. It’s something new about the older, so Jungkook keeps it in his memory.

 

He learns something else, too, when they start eating. Yoongi is quiet, and it’s evident when he’s around talkative people, which was probably everyone he knew. Jungkook had his rambling moments, but he was reserved himself; there was no awkward silence, however, because Jungkook learns the older talks a lot himself.

 

When Jungkook brings up the interest in how the music industry works, the older’s eyes light up and the sight is the cutest thing he’s seen since his last visit home and seeing the family dogs. Yoongi immediately starts from where he started his career - the underground - going into the events and their communities on soundcloud. Word goes around quick when rappers release certain things or even when drama goes around - it means expecting some sort of battle at the next event.

 

He then goes into the music industry itself. It’s all too big and Yoongi explains he isn’t big enough to know everything that’s going on. He’s a producer at Big Hit entertainment, however, and was signed after he met Namjoon and eventually they got the company to sign Hoseok as well. He started out mostly a writer, but quickly got the attention of an idol. It helped boost his career a lot, and soon enough he was getting calls left and right for upcoming comebacks.

 

At the time, he explains, he was working from Daegu, helping his mom out with the family business. When calls came in, she urged him to move back to Seoul and make music with all these idols.

 

Yoongi seems to realize he’s been talking this whole time. Embarrassed, he pauses in the middle of his explanation about working on an idol’s current third album coming up.

 

“Sorry” he scratches the back of his neck like he’s nervous, “I talk too much, sometimes, you gotta stop me.”

 

“No!” Jungkook yelps, “Ah, I mean, I like it when you talk, hyung. I, um, I like your voice.”

 

A cute smile graces Yoongi’s features, and he tries not to melt at the sight. “Thanks, kid, you aint so bad yourself.”

 

To draw the attention away from his bu

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter