4: waiting

the purple left behind
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

violence warning 

(but like when does my writing ever not include violence and swearing lol)

 

 

 

 

The backstage area for performers or stage workers wasn’t at all fancy - it included a couple of tents and staff milling around. Behind that, however, was the back of the amusement park - a back alleyway that led back to the highway.

 

Jungkook felt lost to say the least - he wasn’t sure where the rapper had disappeared to - he couldn’t even spot a pink haired rapper. The staff didn’t seem to notice him, however, and after wandering around timidly for a few minutes, Jungkook was ready to just leave.

 

The back alley catches his eye, however, so just for s and giggles, he decides to take a peak. They’re mostly just storage units - garages probably for the park. The streets were quiet this late at night, and he’s about to turn back when he turns in the way he wish he didn’t.

 

B-free is sitting against one of the garages, with a pack of beer. The look in his eye when he spots Jungkook just smells trouble. As the younger maneuvers the fastest u-turn he’s ever done, he’s blocked by two guys in a hoodies. Judging by their creepy appearance, they must be friends with the rapper (if we can even call him that).

 

“Well, well, if it ain’t Agust’s latest love interest.” B- tsked.

 

Jungkook didn’t answer.

 

“Ain’t it respectful to answer your hyungs, kid?” One of the hooded guys shook his shoulder.

 

The other side laughed. “Maybe he’s some kinda mute.”

 

“I just don’t have anything respectful to say, hyung.” Jungkook says finally, mockingly.

 

Then, he feels the hand around his throat, and sees B-free’s ugly face. “What you say, little ?!”

 

“How am I the little when you’re picking on Agust D’s acquaintance instead of going straight to him” He sassed, “aren’t rappers all about talking ?”

 

“You think I’m up for that” he pointed to his bruised up nose, “I’m way past battle raps, kid. I’m done with mouthy little kids.”

 

B-free manhandles Jungkook around, and his little side thugs throw their first punches at Jungkook. They first punch on the cheek, and then kick him down against the garage door. There isn’t much he could do with the feet flying at him, even if he probably could take either one of them with strength.

 

“I’m done with little es!” B- roared with satisfaction.

 

Before another kick can land, a familiar raspy voice sassed, “Yeah, me too.”

 

Past the two hooded thugs, Jungkook sees a familiar blond throw a punch, on the same spot the rapper bruised before. It split open this time, making him fall back from the shock and impact. One of the hooded thugs had freaked out and escaped onto the streets, while the other one remained, stunned as the blond delivered a couple of more blows to his boss.

 

Agust D’s eyes are dark after landing on Jungkook, making the latter stunned as he threw the hooded boy against the next garage and threw a punch. He shook the boy up a bit, staring back at him with a death glare.

 

“Why the hell are you on his side? Why, you coward?!” Agust D rasped.

 

With a start, Jungkook realizes that the rapper must know the hooded figure. The other is frozen from Agust’s questions, probably stunned.

 

The rapper backed off, but remained with a dark stare. “What the hell did you do.”

 

When his eyes drop to Jungkook, he quickly threw the hooded boy against B-free leaving them both sprawled out on the ground.

 

“Get the out of here before I have to call the whole crowd to see this embarrassing ” Agust D rasps. “You are done rapping.”

 

They both get up and embarrassingly running off, not before the hooded boy looked back, allowing Jungkook to see his face.

 

The rapper heaves a tired sigh before sitting back against the garage door with Jungkook. The younger stiffens, but with a small inhale, the smell of alcohol from the older blinds him from the pain he feels in his side.

 

He was drunk? And he won a fight against two sober people?

 

“Uh, Agust D-ssi, I just - Uh.” Jungkook starts dumbly, intimidated when the rapper looks over at him. “Thank you.”

 

“You’re pretty” The rapper says, blunt and sounding too drunk, “that’s why I gave you the rose.”

 

“Um. Then why did you run?”

 

The older looks more honest and open now, sitting with him. “Who knows. You seemed too...familiar. It felt too real. More real than he did.”

 

“Is it because we’re soulmates?” Jungkook lets it slip, out of curiosity.

 

That startled the drunk rapper. He suddenly seems much more closed off, but his movements proved he was still off. He glared at Jungkook. “What the .”

 

“I’m sorry” he says quickly, getting up.

 

“No, no, no. What the hell are you talking about?” He demands, cornering Jungkook against the storage units.

 

Jungkook pulls up his sleeve and then points to Agust D’s exposed for

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter