11: Us

the purple left behind
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Three months  into their relationship, Jungkook has already met Yoongi’s mom, and vice versa.

 

Their relationship is anything but spontaneous and thrilling like Yoongi’s last. Except it was in the little ways - their surprise trips to the beach were thrilling in the way partying and drinking was, minus the destructive part. The little things seemed to make Jungkook happy, and he saw it in Yoongi as well, and maybe the older’s mother saw it as well.

 

Yoongi passed out on the couch first on the last night of their first trip to Daegu. Jungkook had been able to carry the older up stairs before rushing back down to join Yoongi’s mom and older brother, Minhyuk.

 

The woman seemed wistful and cheerful, taking Jungkook’s hand in her small, pale ones, and says softly, “take care of him, won’t you?”

 

As they’re leaving, Yoongi goes out to the car first, rounding up their luggage and the leftovers his mother forced him to take home. Minhyuk stops him before he could go out to help, and lets Yoongi’s mom beat him to it.

 

“Yoongi’s important to us” he begins, and Jungkook notices the brothers are similar in many ways - careful with what they say before it comes out. “He’s been through a lot when it comes to Minjae, so he needs someone to be patient with him. He acts like he’s rough around the edges, but he has his days.”

 

Before Jungkook could answer, Yoongi comes bounding up to the door, and they say their goodbyes. As the brothers depart, they hug, and Yoongi makes sure to clasp their hands before Minhyuk lets go.

 

“Hyung” Yoongi says, “I’m gonna be okay”

 

The older glances at Jungkook and then to his brother before nodding slowly. “Okay, I believe you.”

 

Yoongi grins, and Jungkook once again feels like he’s flying.

 

--- ---

 

Surprisingly enough, the bruises don’t come up seriously. Even after dating for awhile, Jungkook received a few purple spots on his knees or shins - the older would say casually he bumped into a chair or table and that was that. It was puzzling however, because soulmates stopped going through their first sign after a month or so of being together. The final marking they’re supposed to get slips Jungkook’s mind.

 

It didn’t really seem to matter. The two were content - the writing on their skin was convenient, as Yoongi at texting. The purple on the younger’s skin was a fond reminder when the two were apart.

 

It was one morning, however, when they did talk about it, and Jungkook was glad they did. They didn’t need it, but the moment and information brought a stupid smile on his face.

 

Most of the bruises faded over the past few months, but the one over his abdomen remained, matching the older’s scar. Another one that remained, was one faded in his elbow, and a faded line along his forearm.

 

They were laying in Yoongi’s bed that morning - it was edging afternoon, so the older wasn’t his grumpy self. He had requested the weekend off, not that he needed to - the rapper had worked so much over time, even his boss worried about him.

 

Anyway, it was one of those lazy mornings the two cherished, not really minding the morning breath as they kissed lazily and enjoyed each other’s warm. Jungkook nosed the older’s neck, letting himself be babied - even if he was taller, Yoongi’s frame swallowed him up. The older was taking up judo and was becoming unfairly more built.

 

He wrapped an arm around the younger’s waist, and in return he did the same. They easily became tangled this way, and Yoongi sighed contently. They let the older’s speaker continued to play mellow music, enjoying the time.

 

Eventually, Jungkook gets cheeky and tries to be a koala, wrapping his arms and legs around the older, making him huff out a laugh. He takes it all into stride and drops his hand to the younger’s waist and pushes slightly. In retaliation, Jungkook tries to flop away, but Yoongi presses him closer.  

 

Jungkook grins at this, and dives back into the older’s neck, and hugs him again. Yoongi’s hand smoothed over the younger’s hand, but then slowly makes his way up his arm.

 

It stops abruptly.

 

Jungkook whines, enjoying the slight heat until it stopped.

 

“Was this always here, guk?” The older asks, and the younger turns so that his head rested against the older’s chest.

 

He’s referring to the bruising along his elbow and forearm - he shrugs. “I dunno, yeah, since you moved here. Doesn’t hurt, don’t worry.”

 

Yoongi proceeds to run a hand over the bruises before tracing them. “Did you get any on your back?”

 <

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter