8: five years pt 2

the purple left behind
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

Yoongi is no longer drunk, he’s very awake (or as awake as he usually is) his brain is back to overthinking and worrying. The kid seems to notice the lull since that night, and lessens the questions and switches to daily doodles instead. The older sighs at that, because of course his soulmate had to be so damn nice - if the younger was a pushy , it would be so easy to let this go.

 

Jungkook was the complete opposite, Yoongi knew this before the phone call, and he dreaded being the to cut everything off. Ever since that night, his thoughts and heart just doesn’t allow him to press the delete under Jeon Jungkook.

 

His creeping thoughts don’t allow him to press call or do anything either.

 

He sure as hell doesn’t tell his friends, though, because he needs to start figuring this kind of stuff out himself. They don’t notice, thankfully, and blame his recent sluggishness on the recent events.

 

Namjoon and Seokjin, his soulmate, come over the next weekend to help clean up the mess. They trash the throw pillows and when Seokjin goes to his pictures, he hesitates and glances at Yoongi.

 

The two have been friends longer than the rapper has known Namjoon, though Seokjin never formerly knew Minjae. Yoongi had been the one to introduce the two soulmates, and in return they shifted his thoughts about soulmates. Anything small thing he had against soulmates were thrown out the window as they made it their lifelong mission to prove him wrong.

 

The rapper gingerly pulls the picture of Minjae from the broken glass and stares for a few moments. It had been one of his first pictures from when he first got his camera, a good memory at that - when Minjae was getting his together.

 

He keeps it, and trashes the picture of them together.

 

It was after their high school graduation. Yoongi’s sporting a busted lip while Minjae wears a black eye - from a group of guys they had messed with during their celebration. The picture was taken by one of his ex’s goons; he could feel Minjae’s laugh in his hair as he pressed a kiss into his forehead after the picture.

 

Seokjin seems alarmed it goes to the trash.

 

In fact, even Namjoon, who normally doesn’t pry, seemed surprised when Yoongi trashes a lot of their pictures together. At the end of it all, Yoongi saves the family pictures and the single picture of Minjae, cleans up the rest of the glass, and starts putting them into new frames.

 

When he’s done, he glances at his friends and says, “I’m gonna be okay.”

 

Yoongi doesn’t feel weight off his shoulders and he doesn’t feel like a new man after dropping the bags into the dumpster. That’s movie kind of talk - it’s dumb that he would feel ‘free’ after holding for five years.

 

However, things do get better.

 

Ironically, the fog does seem to lift in his life, and everything doesn’t seem as gray. Maybe, he’s getting his life together. It doesn’t happen because he got rid of his pictures, but maybe that did play a part.

 

One night, Namjoon, Seokjin, and Hoseok invite him over to a party. It’s an actual party, and i

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter