3: a little push in which direction?

the purple left behind
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Months go by, and he’s come up with nothing.

 

His bruises are starting to fade, but a few odd ones pop up. There’s one that looks vaguely like a heart on his arm, which he stares at for a long time. Taehyung comes up to him excitedly, dragging a poor kid from his lecture, pointing to a similar bruise in the same spot. Jungkook immediately knew the kid wasn’t the one, though he doesn’t know how he knew.

 

Jimin and Taehyung’s mission was greatly appreciated, but even if Jungkook was determined to meet them, he was also calm. They mistook this for giving up, but in a way he isn’t in a rush. That being said, if someone asked him if he wanted to meet his soulmate, he would ask what the kind of question is that?

 

Of course he wanted to meet them. For once in his life, he could confidently say that meeting his soulmate would be the best thing that could ever happen to him.

 

However, it could wait. When it happens, it happens, because Jungkook wants every second to be just right.

 

Jimin, on the other hand, insists it could only happen if Jungkook gets off his .

 

The two were always the partying type, but every time they would invite him, the sudden need to paint, sketch, or create would overwhelm him. Jimin smelled bull.

 

Well, it wasn’t complete bull. The best thing that ever happened to him was the whole soulmate-realization-thing. Inspiration came to him so much faster, drawing nameless faces of questionable genders, but the same factor came up. The same purple splotches colored each canvas and paper he touched. His professor was impressed to say the least.

 

Jimin, on the other hand, was not.

 

“To think my best friend would be happy for me and inspiration to create again is crazy, I know” Jungkook rolled his eyes sarcastically.

 

“I am happy for you, but you know I can smell your bull. You haven’t been to a college party in ages!”

 

For good reasons, he thinks, and doesn’t realize he’s said this out loud until Jimin sighs deeply.

 

The older finally slaps his hand on Jungkook’s shoulder, startling the younger. He looks like he’s come up with an amazing idea, which he squirms away from.

 

“Okay! Call! No college party, but you are going out with me and Taehyung next week! Dress good, streetwise - look cool and hot. Prepare to have a great night.”

 

Before Jungkook could protest, the older is out the door.



 

By the time the next weekend rolled around, he already has an excuse, and Jimin is taking none of them. The assignment excuse is out the window, and so is the sick excuse. When he weakly says he has nothing to wear, Jimin glares at the other.

 

The older is dressed in ripped jeans (his good ones), a black turtleneck, and a jean jacket. A pair of sunglasses hangs off his nose, and he’s wearing his favorite rings and the earrings Taehyung had gotten him for his birthday.

 

They go through his clothes until midnight, bickering endlessly. It makes Jungkook question this event, because what the hell is open that isn’t a college party. After all, Jimin wasn’t exactly the clubbing type.

 

Taehyung arrives at his apartment, dressed to impress mostly Park Jimin, as he watches his best friend swoon at his boyfriend. The older is dressed in simple black ripped jeans and a black thrasher jacket. He was wearing Jimin’s old black bandana with his bangs parted.

 

“I think a white shirt is still appropriate” Jungkook dead pans.

 

“It’ll be cold” Taehyung says, glancing over at Jimin. “Change of address, but the event is still going, we just have to be there before 1 or 2 maybe.”

 

“Yeah, because sleep, right?” He sighs.

 

Taehyung dresses him in a good pair of ripped jeans, a white shirt (thank god, he cries internally), and a red and white cardigan. He feels stupid with the thing on, and has to wrestle with the older for a while to let them part his bangs.

 

The car Tae brings brings more suspicion, but nobody really answers his question. It makes him a little antsy, glancing at the empty streets nervously.

 

It’s not that Jungkook is antisocial, except that’s exactly what he was.

 

Meeting his soulmate in an event like this was dubious as hell, because aren’t soulmates supposed to have things in common? If anything, Jimin probably tricked him into some shady party at the edge of town. He trusts the older, except even if they think things won’t go bad, it does.

 

However, this time around, Taehyung seems to know their destination better. Their car is too nice for a college student to own, and he knows for a fact that Tae doesn’t own a car. He conversationally says a Hyung let him borrow it, but he says it like Jimin lets Jungkook borrow his socks.

 

“This is Tae’s favorite event” Jimin says, “we try to go here every week.”

 

That surprises him. “Since when did you drop college parties?”

 

“We only went to house parties because my hyungs said they weren’t coming.” Tae says.

 

Great. Socializing.

 

They drive for awhile, and by the time Jungkook looks up from his phone, everything looks significantly more shady. When they pull into an inside road, they’re suddenly face to face with an abandoned amusement park. Everything screamed creepy horror, so Jungkook thinks what the .

 

When he realizes this is an appropriate reaction, he repeats it out loud. “Wait. What the ?”

 

“Makes sense” Jimin murmurs, ignoring the younger.

 

As soon as they enter, Taehyung makes a sharp right, deeper into the park. Immediately, they’re greeted with some suspicious people.

 

“Once again, what the .”

 

They shine some sort of light on their faces, one of them staring at Jungkook with curiosity, until he shines one on Taehyung. His face lights up automatically, and when the others catch on, they’re hollering at slapping the car and Taehyung’s shoulder in recognition.

 

When they drive further in, Jungkook laughs nervously. “This totally didn’t look gang related.”

 

When they finally find a parking space, Jimin looks back and snorted at Jungkook’s expression. “Relax, Jungkookie, we’re at an underground event.”

 

“Underground? Like underground rappers?” Jungkook distantly remembers Taehyung mentioning knowing a couple of rappers.

 

“That’s the one” the latter says cheerfully. “With the big time rappers back in town, like Agust D hyung, they’ve been having a lot of events. They are making bank.”

 

“Obviously” Jungkook says gesturing to the expensive car he was sitting in.

 

The main event sat in the center of the amusement park. It was an open area, where an old roller coaster was removed a couple months after the whole park shut down. A stage was made, the open field made as some sort of dance floor as the DJ on stage turned up the beat. On the side was a bar, which Jungkook scowled at. He went through enough of Jimin’s antics to despise drunk people.

 

Taehyung leads them to the bar, and along the way many people greet him happily. Knowing the older was some sort of regular made him worried but reassured at the same time. When they found a small table, Jimin disappears and reappears magically with beers.

 

Jungkook scowls at the taste, while the two do some sort of couples shot pose. He glowered at everyone. Why was he here?

 

“I know this is the rap scene, and being aggressive is a thing, but lighten up!” Jimin whines, shoving his best friend. “You listen to this music 24/7, now it’s just out in the open.”

 

“Yeah, with drunk people.” Jungkook rolled his eyes.

 

“A lot of them aren’t drunk” Tae replies, “it’s hard to get drinks, so everyone just acts drunk.”

 

“Then how…” Jungkook gestures to his beer.

 

“Tae knows people here.”

 

“That didn’t sound shady at all”

 

Someone happily joins their table, then, and judging by their beers, they must know people too. The guy is short, maybe a centimeter or two shorter than Jimin, and his Korean screams foreigner. He’s wearing ripped jeans and a black button up, while the Rolex on his wrist makes Jungkook glance around nervously.

 

He’s accompanied by a taller man, on the skinnier side, but muscular nonetheless. He was wearing a loose long sleeve that hung off his figure and his red dyed hair was slicked back.

 

“Oh, Jungkookie, this is Jackson” Tae gestures to the shorter male and then to the taller, “and this is Mark hyung. They organized this event.”

 

Oh  

 

It must’ve slipped, because Jimin gives him a look behind Jackson, which makes him flush. Jackson laughs happily, however. “Newcomer? That’s great - our events are a great one for newcomers.”

 

“Sure” Mark says dubiously. “If you call Bambam drunkenly professing his love to a plant while trying to roll a blunt, then that’s just great.”

 

He glances at the others, scandalized about the whole weed situation, considering the fact that it was illegal in South Korea. However, they all laugh goodnaturedly.

 

“It wasn't a blunt. Just a gum wrapper and dirt that someone convinced him was weed.” Mark explained, “anyway, you must be Jungkook. Jimin talks about you a lot - hope you have a good time here - this place was hard to get.”

 

The group falls into this conversation, and Jungkook is impressed and intrigued to say the least. The two are a couple - soulmates - and own a martial arts studio across town. Their side business is organizing events for underground rappers and their fans. They take turns with other event organizers every so often, and this week, they ran into some complications with the first location.

 

“Cops showed up” Jackson explains, and turns to Jungkook (which he’s grateful for), “What we’re doing isn’t exactly illegal, but it kind of is.”

 

Mark nudged him with an eye roll. “. The money part and trespassing isn’t exactly appreciated, but the event itself is welcomed at certain places.”

 

“Money?” Jungkook blinked. He didn’t exactly pay at any entrance.

 

“Ah, don’t mention it to others” Tae has the audacity to look sheepish. “We get in for free or discounted because of the connections.”

 

“Yeah, doesn’t matter, because the big boss brings his fans to every event. I’m just glad he asks to perform at ours all the time.” Jackson says, acting touched.

 

“Big boss?” He asks, feeling like a noob.

 

Just then, a figure grabs the organizer’s attention, and he pulls the other into their little table. The guy is sporting bright pink hair and a bandana, wearing a velvet robe, a white shirt, and ripped jeans.

 

“Namjoon hyung!” Taehyung yells, bringing the other into a hug.

 

Socializing wasn’t as bad as Jungkook thought as the pink haired man introduced himself to the younger. He was a rapper, and was getting ready for his performance for later tonight. He was able to catch on this man was their 'connection' -- being Taehyung's older cousin and all. 

 

“After Suga hyung’s set” he explains, “I’m just performing with J-hope and him for part 4”

 

Mark had a look of admiration. “Only you can c

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter