Page 5

Be With Me

*Park Jimin's POV*

I was lying in bed looking at my phone. I open up a new message screen and begin to type, *Hey Vic hyung, it's Jimin...* -deletes- *Vic hyung, it's Jimin here just wanting to text you!* -deletes- *Hello hyung, I hope it's okay for me to text you. I got your number from Taehyung.* -deletes- *Vic hyung, I hope it's okay that Taehyung gave me your number?* -deletes- "Aigoo, why was this harder than I thought." *because it's Vic hyung.* I turn off my phone and placed it on my pillow next to me.

*No One’s POV*

Vic, if you're wondering why Vic is such an important person that's because he is an important person. Not in my life yet, but in Areum's. He's who everyone calls "her other half". The man who's literally been there for herbeen there with her through every bit of crash and burn, through every tear and wear that's appeared in her life. He was her knight in shining armor. The person who puts the meaning into 'I'll protect you for the rest of my life'. Tall, masculine, literally has the best hair, rocked the suits and the simple tee and jeans look, great tone of voice that matched his face, a perfect muscular body that wasn't too slim nor too buff, the complete 'cold guy on the outside, good guy on the inside' vibe, a man with little words but many actions to explain who he was and what he was doing. In short he was the perfect man. Areum's perfect man that is.

Vic was always where Areum was, and Areum was where Vic was. They were always side by side working together, living together, just always being together.

Together.

They were together, not as a couple; no boyfriend-girlfriend relationship, they never dated. But they did truly love each other, they had a serious relationship that can even surpass ones who were in an actual relationship. They were in a very serious friendship relationship nonetheless, it was built on trust and faith and that was honestly... unbreakable. He's been the only man who's been with Areum all through her life as long as everyone else can remember, the only man everyone sees by her side without command even though he too was her every day manager. He makes all the gentlemen out there look bad, by how much he does for Areum. Heck! Even he makes Jimin look bad sometimes by what he does... proving everyone wrong of how to treat a girl right.

If you think that you can win a girls heart by just countless mumbling of words and 'keeping your promises' with "I promise" you were proven wrong. Vic, he literally has never been a man who keeps promises with just words of "I promise", but more of a man who shows his promises with "let me show you" he was the real deal. Literally the 'actions speak louder than words' he was a true sang namja, by showing how he was going to be by Areum's side every day. It wasn't going to just be by communication of words, but by communication of physical action. He was always there, not because Areum ask him or because he needed to be with Areum. No, he just naturally loves to be around her.

Many others around them would ask their significant others to come and support them with this, to help them with this, all of this and that, countless times with words... and Vic and Areum.. Gosh they just do it without words it was all so natural to for those two to do it without thinking because it was a natural gesture from one to another. It was like the moment they were away from each other they thought about one another, and the moment that they were next to each other they were still thinking about one another in the small possible details.

*flashback*

*No One's POV*

"You're home!" Areum gets up from her chair and runs to the man walking in from a long day at work, they warmly wrap their arms around each other like it's been too long since they last seen each other. He gives her a sweet kiss on top of her head, embracing each other. She releases the hug and slightly removes his jacket that was still over him.

"Here, let me take it."

She heads to the small closet and hangs up his jacket. Vic looks around the kitchen to see a couple of new faces over.

"Hey Taemin! I see you brought some new faces with you."

He heads towards our direction and puts his hands out

"I'm Vic, it's nice to meet you. I assume your Taemin's friends?"

"Yes, hello"

Jimin and Sungwoon spoke at the same time bowing to Vic. Areum comes behind Vic and wraps her arms around him once again.

"Yeah, they came over for lunch! Speaking of lunch, did you eat yet? I can make you something."

*another flashback*

"Sorry guys, I have to rush back to the office-"

"We, we are rushing back to the office! You're not going alone."

Vic cutting in as she was explaining to the group of boys that came over to hang out.

"They didn't ask for you; you need to stay and get some rest you've been there all day and the past few days I can handle this..."

Vic finishes zipping up his black leather jacket and walks towards Areum his hands now cupping her face.

"They don't need to ask for me directly, asking for you is enough that I need to come along. What if they need more bodies to work I can be of use."

Areum grips his front leather pockets, one hand on each pocket and leans in. Their nose slightly brushing up against each other

"It's a small computer problem Vic, the building isn't blowing up. I need you-" *ring* *ring*

the sound was coming from her back jean pocket of her pants. She looks at the caller ID and immediately put it to her phone.

"Hey baby, what's wrong why are you up?"

She looks up at the clock, which was just passing 2:00 a.m. in the morning. "Honey it's two in the morning, are you sure you want me to come get you?"

She mouths over to Vic who was still staring at her with an overly worried look.

"It's Soo Ah... nightmare"

Vic sighs relieved that it wasn't a big emergency as he wraps his arms around her waist, Areum naturally lays her head on his chest breathing in his scent.

Overhearing a bit of the conversation Vic take a step back one hand still over Areum's waist and lifts the other arm near her ear, signaling that he wanted to talk to the person on the other line.

"...I can be over in 20 minutes okay? Can you wait that long for me?... okay, hold on talk to Vic while I get some stuff okay."

Areum hands Vic the phone and runs upstairs, Vic takes the phone and begins talking with a smile

"Hey, you okay sunshine?... It's okay-"

Vic laughs puts his free hand into his pocket, leaning back onto the countertop.

"Don't worry, she's not going anywhere I'll make sure she comes and gets you personally I promise you..."

As Vic continues the phone conversation, while the group of boys that usually consists of Taemin, Kai, Jimin and Sungwoon just silently watches over the two gathering everything before leaving to wherever they were headed. Jimin was soaking in the image and details that appeared in front of him.

Once again, she was going to leave with Vic and he couldn't help but get a knot in the pit of his stomach when they were so naturally close and intimate. It was the first time Jimin actually saw a different side of Areum towards another man that wasn't Minho or Taemin. He has seen Areum be very close to Minho and Taemin, like family always hugging and loving with one another. But this... This was different... this was a different kind of hugging and 'loving.' He wanted to pull his eyes away, but it was like he couldn't... his eyes were just glued to them, glued to Areum and the man that inches away from her.

"I told you that you'll need me."

Vic laughs at Areum and wraps a a couple of loose hair strands around Areum's ear.

"Don't I always?!"

They embrace each other, completely unaware of their surroundings and the fact that their group of friends was still over, in the living room area sitting in front of them. Jimin still being the outsider just looking at the two interact with each other.

"You head to the company first, I'll go pick up Soo Ah and meet you at the office. Can you call Scar and tell him to come as well?"

She breaks the hug and looks up at Vic. Their face always just inches away from each other as usual.

"Of course" and kisses the top of her head.

"I'll see you soon, be careful."

*End of flashbacks*

*Park Jimin's POV*

*I don't know what I'm gonna do...* My mind continuously plays the past of Vic and Areum together. Vic, he was going to be irreplaceable... someone who forever has a place in Areum's life... a place in her heart.

It was obvious.

The only person who was literally standing between Areum and I. Don't get me wrong I am very grateful, thankful and in fact love that Vic is in her life. it's just... how do I tell the love of her life that I too wanted to be part of her life, the love of her life... I wanted to show him that I can be there for her too. That I'll be there to comfort her with love, while he protects her with love. Everyone needs to be protected and comforted, and if I can take on one of the two main roles with him that would be the greatest feeling. Because one I would be able to be with Areum and two she would have two people by her side to protect and comfort her.