Page 4

Be With Me

*No One's POV*

Jimin-ah! " Taehyung called out shutting the door behind him. He walks towards the living room with both hands in his pockets.

"Jimin?"

Empty.

The living room was empty, the kitchen area was empty, the doors were empty, even the bathrooms and closets was empty.

Yah! Park Jimin? "

He walks to Jimin's room once again making sure that he physically wasn't there again. Taehyung huffed out

You wanted Vic hyung's number but you aren't even around... you better not be hiding from me ."

He whispered frustratingly at the himself that at this point Jimin was nowhere to be found. Taehyung heads towards his room to change out of his audition clothes.

*Park Jimin's POV*

It was a little over an hour and 45 minutes but Taehyung hasn't yet texted me about arriving home. I rub my phone lightly letting the breeze hit my skin, where was I you might wonder? The only place that people never tend to look always... on the balcony outside. *Where is he? Did he forget? Did he go out and chill with Minho or Minjae?*

Aish, where is he? "

I took a step back and straighten out my back that was curved over. *Maybe he's already home?!* And I spin around bolting through the side doors, feet moving like my life depended on it. I immediately come to a halt in front of Taehyung's door like I was going to smack myself into it and begin calming myself down. I felt my heartbeat racing too fast and took a breath as I raised my hand to his door ready to knock. Just when I was about to hit the door with my knuckles literally 3cm away from it I heard Taehyung on the phone with someone. Instead of knocking now I decided to eavesdrop on his conversation with whoever was on the other line, ears pressed to his door.

"...yeah isn't it weird hyung..."

"...you sure..."

*Taehyung sounding serious on the phone, who would he be talking with-* "he's a good person hyung I promise..."

"...why Jimin wants your number actually-"

ME! * my eyes widen and I take a step back from my position, math problems starts being thrown around in my head and then it all comes together with a click. * He's talking to Vic hyung! *

*No One's POV*

Jimin starts to panic running both hands through his hair not knowing what to do with the given situation. He was now walking back and forth in front of Taehyung's door like he’s committed a crime and doesn’t know how to cover it up. "When do you get back again hyung?" Taehyung was now standing on the side of the door inside his room while Jimin was standing outside of Taehyung's door, Jimin's face literally turned nervous, maybe scared and nervous. He wasn't expecting Taehyung to be on the phone with Vic?! Jimin was now regretting his choice of coming to Taehyung he now wanted to hide in a bunny hole and come back out when night fall came. His eyes searching the surroundings like a madman searching for his girl who's hiding in the room.

*Park Jimin's POV*

The doorknob begins to turn * What do I do? Where do I go? Where do I hide? What am I going to do * "Okay, bye hyung!" *He's done talking with hyung, there's only 2 ways to go about the situation. Talk or Hide , and right now I am not going to talk after that phone call* Just before I can turn around Taehyung comes out opening the door widely with his eyes glued to his phone ending his recently phone call. As I stood glued to the stupid floor with both feet that doesn’t seem to understand about walking away. * I am so dead... * Taehyung looks up taking 3 steps out of his room and "Jimin? Yah! Where were you, I was looking all over for you -" *I need to get out of this situation, forget Vic hyung's number!* My number priority right now was getting away from Taehyung who just on the phone with him. "...Yah! are you listening to me Jimin? Park Jimin-ah!". I snapped out of my trance and look at Taehyung, agreeing with everything

"Yeah yeah, I was outside I was just waiting for you to come back... and cook for me... yeah... well-"

"Yah Jimin what's with you? why are you..."

*No One's POV*

He looks at Jimin from head to toe, and then he turns back to look at his opened door. Now he was curious, too curious as to why Jimin was standing at his door, looking like he was caught in a lie and lying himself out of the situation. He raised one eyebrow at Jimin and begins his questioning sequence

"Why are you in front of my door?...how long have you been standing there? Did you.. hear my conversation ?"

He boldly asked Jimin. Jimin takes a step back and raises both of his arms up into a defensive position.

No, no. I just got here Tae... you hyung-ry? I mean hungry?"

Taehyung looked at the man standing across from him, he started smiling so big that if his smile can widen he would of looked like the Grinch. Taehyung started laughing uncontrollably, one hand clutching his stomach and one smacking his leg.

*Park Jimin's POV*

*What... has he lost it?* Taehyung was still laughing, now both knees on the floor, arms around his waist like he was in pain, wiping away tears that escape due to the excessive laugh. " Yah Kim Taehyung, what on earth is going on with you?! " I was now holding on to the crazy man who cannot control his emotions on the ground. *what's so funny?* I thought to myself, I begin to scan myself from head to toe. I was dressed like me everyday, hair was a bit messy but bearable to look at. After 2 whole minutes he starts to calm down, coughing and panting like he was training. I help pick himself off the ground and faced he looking exhausted from all that energy. "Let's go eat." He said with a straight face and heads off towards the fridge. I literally not understanding what just happened within the past 5 minutes to him. "Uh-...whatever" and follows behind.

We've been eating in silence for 10 mins without looking at each other but our own plates.

"So, what'd you hear?"

Taehyung asks me like it was another typical, nonsense question for him, stuffing another spoonful of Kimchi Fried Rice into his mouth, eyes still on his own plate. My food started to taste bland after his questions, losing my appetite. I push my plate forward and looked at him.

"Nothing much really, just muffled words here and there-"

"So you were listening!" He replied with a smirk on his face.

Busted! That was what was the look written on my face right now. I grab the plate that was pushed away and begin downing the rice till the last bit of grain was gone. He chuckled at my actions

"What's with this reaction of yours?” Taehyung pushed his plate away

“*sigh* what's going on Jimin, you've been acting weird since the phone call this morning".

I grip my silver spoon now, slightly choking on my food now that it won't go down my throat. * It's Taehyung, are you really going to keep it from him. * After a small mental battle with myself I look up at my best friend.

"Promise me you won't be mad, or laugh. I mean it Tae... I ... "

I took a huge breath in and a huge breath out. *I don't even know... here goes*

I look at Taehyung sitting across from me who’s now chewing away at his food with his spoon lifted straight up inside the bowl with the help of his hand waiting for my reasoning.

"I like Areum."

I felt this burning sensation wash over me like I was being cooked in an oven with no one to open the doors for me. After the straight confession, Taehyung automatically like it was on que or pre planned started choking on his fried rice.

"You *cough* you *cough*..."

I ran over and starts smacking his back so he can properly swallow. After a couple of seconds he lets out a loud cough, and downs his glass of water completely draining the life out of it.

"Give me second."

And excused himself to his room shutting the door behind him.

3 minutes have gone by , and he still hasn't come out...

8 minutes have gone by , and he still hasn't come out.

I was now sitting on the couch with my fingers intertwined in front of my face, nose and mouth resting on the side of my pointer fingers. I was mentally going through multiple scenarios about what would happen after Tae comes out from that door. My friendship with Vic hyung, my relationship with Areum, my relationship with him... was I going to lose a friend? A best friend? My best friend since middle school all due to a girl? After 15 minutes, he finally came out of his room with different clothes on from when we last talked and a serious face that even I couldn’t determine the expression behind it.

I get up from my spot and take a step forward.

"Tae, I-"

"Sit down."

He said to be seriously as he goes to the couch across from me. My eyes follow him to his seat and when our eyes meet he looks at the seat behind me and back at me.

"Sit Jimin."

He said to be with a slight smile, and I take my seat once again and face the ground. My heartbeat was racing so fast in this silence I swore he could even hear it.

"Since when?"

Eyes on me, hands crossed in front and leaning forward.

"Since when Jimin?" he had asked once again.

I released the breath that I didn't realize that I was holding.

"May... since May."

May? Jimin, it's been more than a couple of months now... May? That's last year Jimin, and it's now Mar-!”

“Not last May… Last Last May ...”

My eyes look up to the friend who’s expression reads ‘hurt’ from the words I’ve spoken.

“When... how... were ..."

He said back to me scrunching his face at me with an expression I can't even describe.

...were you going to tell me ever?... "

I run my hands through my hair and face and put my head down, ashamed.

I don't know Tae... maybe... I- "

"I'm your best friend, if your going through something you need to tell me man. I don't care if it's a girl problem or a boy problem or even a damn nightmare or how much you miss your parents I want to know. I'm hurt by the fact that after liking someone for all these months or apparently now for several years you didn't even think once about mentioning it to me..."

I finally had gathered up some courage to look back up at him again, this time he really was hurt .

Not by the fact that I liked Areum, actually it looked like he could care less about how I felt towards Areum. It was the fact that as my best friend, as me being his best friend I didn't even tell him about someone I'd like for years. " Tae- I…” I swallowed hard, throat dried out from the facts .

“I wanted to man ... but you know Areum, you know Vic hyung, their situation and being friends with Minho hyung and Taemin hyung. I... I was stuck, I didn't know how to even approach that topic to you, who was and is even more closer to them now...I...I didn’t know what to do and hid from you and I apologize for not saying anything."

This was not the situation I had predicted, I was thinking of a fuming Tae yelling at the fact that I liked Areum.

"I'm sorry Tae. I didn't take your feelings into consideration..."

I look down at my wrist that had our friendship bracelet wrapped around it. * Because of my feelings for Areum, I completely lost my trust and most importantly my faith in my best friend Honestly maybe it might be the other way around now*