Page 13

Be With Me

*No One's POV*

"Hello sir, is there something I can help you with? Sir? Sir...?"

Jimin regains himself and straightens out his posture on the chair from daydreaming.

"Ye-yes?"

"Yes, hello sir. Is there something I can help you with? You've been sitting in this spot for 45 minutes now." The young lady states to him.

Jimin looks at his watch, it now reads 2:45 pm on the dot. He has already been sitting here a while. Clearing his throat to speak to the young lady who's waiting for his answer.

*ahem* I was actually wondering... do you... by chance... I mean... no... sorry, what I'm trying to ask is does Ms. Choi Areum work in this part of the building?"

The receptionist widens her eyes, straightening out her posture and deeply stares back at the dashing guy in black.

"Lady Areum...? Yes, she works in this building. Did you have a scheduled meeting with her Mr....?"

Jimin looked back at the lady nervously he wasn't sure if the girl was asking him because she was interested in him or asking because it was her job to confirm that he had a reason to be here in this building. He didn't want to leave after he came all this way to try, so he stood up and introduced himself properly.

"Jimin. Park Jimin is my name. I was wondering if Ms. Areum was free at the moment if I may ask?"

"So I'm assuming you don't have a schedule with Lady Areum, Mr. Jimin...?"

The young lady and Jimin looked at each other. Her expression expressed to him that he was probably going to end up wasting her time when she could have been working and this made Jimin lose a bit of confidence for what he came here for originally. Jimin took a deep breath and realize it was just better to be honest at this point with her.

"Yes Miss... I don't have a schedule with Ms. Areum…” Jimin spoke both strongly and softly to the lady. “I'm a her friend- or a friend's friend of hers and was wondering if I can get a chance to speak with her if possible." Jimin said in a mannerful position towards the young lady who was changing her posture and expression again towards the young man before her.

"Look sir... with all due respect...” She spoke sternly, yet calmly towards the gentlemen in black. “Lady Areum is very busy today. If you're one of her crazy boy fans with another story I'm asking you kindly to leave before I call security on you. She's had enough of the surprises and events today and I really would not like to lose my temper right now."

Ending in a serious note of tone towards Jimin. To which, Jimin was surprised to hear that towards him as he gathered up the information and went over it once again through his head.

*Crazy? Fanboy? Here?* Jimin stared back once again more seriously this time, realizing that more people come here to bother, look and disrupt than actually living a life like others around here. And from where he was standing it looked like he was going to be an addition this list of people banned from the building titled as “crazy boy fans”. Park Jimin wasn’t a crazy fan boy, no he wasn’t crazy at all. He simply wanted to get a chance to speak with her during break, maybe get to see a glimpse of her before their conversation. After all his friends were her friends and her friends were his friends, at least the ones he knew of... there was a difference in what category he was listed in… and it was definitely not crazy… he wasn’t crazy right?

"No Miss, I apologize. I’m not here to do a surprise event... Not at all actually. It’s been awhile since I’ve spoken to your Lady Areum and if she was free-” “Which is your friend?” The lady interrupted Jimin as she crossed her arms to get right to the main focus. To her, he was definitely wasting time… her precious time. Yes, he definitely was a charming man, but tons of charming men have come into the same building asking for the same thing… or more like the same person for that matter and overstep the line of status and boundary… also she could have been helping her Lady Areum right now and that was upsetting her.

“Excuse me..?” Jimin responded confused to the question.

“Your friend… your a friend’s friend of Areum-nim right? Which friend by name would that be? I’ve seen all of her close friends come into our building, so please give me a name that I know of otherwise you can yourself off the premises or I can call someone to help you out of the building Mr. Jimin-ssi.” She said boldly towards Jimin, he knew that in that moment she was closing up the conversation. She’s had enough of him. So he was either going to one, say the wrong person and be kicked out or two, say the right person and maybe get a chance to see her finally… maybe… he thought to himself.

“Friends… as of friends, did you by chance ever meet Lee Tae-”

“No”

“How about Ha Sungwo-”

“No, you may please yourself off the premises, sir.”

“No no please wait how about Min Yoongi, Choi Minho, Kim Sejin, Chan-”

“Wait go back who did you say again?”

Who? Who? Ummm, Min Yoongi?”

“No the one after that”

Ummm...Choi Minho?”

She stares back at him cautiously… “What does your Mr. Choi Minho do for a living?”

“Ne?! Uhhhh...”

Jimin recalls at lightning speed from all the conversations Taemin use to tell him about Minho and their moments visiting him at work during their spare time.

“...Minho hyung does business finance... in the building off of Cheonggu-ro on the 15th floor...”

He nervously looks at her for a reaction and response in which she ended up doing none of which. She stared, just deeply stared at him and that made him even more nervous of the ending result, and he didn’t say anything, or more like he couldn’t say anything for a fact. Scared that if he were to speak, he would say the wrong thing and end in a result of him having to leave the building after all that countless tries. After a minute of silence and long staring at each other, the lady takes a deep breath.

“Follow me please.’’

Jimin’s eyes lit up with joy while keeping his composure and smile calm, as hers slightly darken that he had gotten a free pass from a friend of Lady Areum’s. As they head pass by the desk she mentions to her colleagues. “Back in 20 minutes, floor 18” and towards the elevator they both went.

Silence… the entire ride up was completely silent. That’s until Jimin broke it.

“Thank you Miss.”

She takes a peek of Jimin and goes back to looking straight ahead.

“No, you should be thanking Mr. Choi Minho for saving you with his name otherwise you wouldn’t be here.

Jimin looked at the ground dumbfounded, he thought long and hard as too why she was being so overprotective with people meeting Areum. He understood her position from within the company but that doesn’t mean that people have to go through others to meet her as well sometimes. He just couldn’t understand why they were stern in guys meeting Areum, or anyone overall in that matter.

*ding*

The elevator opens up and they take a left down the long hall, the lady then opens up the big double doors at the end of the hall and invited Jimin inside. White walls covered the room with a long bookshelf that filled an entire wall to his left, a business table and computer in front of himself within walking distance, and a set of sofas to his right with a table in the middle of it for longer conversations if needed. Business yet home-like Jimin thought to himself as he walked in, now halfway to the desk and in the middle of the bookshelf.

“Please wait here until then, Mr. Jimin-ssi.” The lady says calmly once again turning back into the hospitality attire the company is known for. Slowly shutting the door behind her as she leaves back down to her desk.

“Wait a moment.” Jimin quickly inserts before the doors officially closed.

“Yes, how can I help you sir?”

Jimin this time fully turns his body towards her and fully bows his head in her direction.

“Thank you… thank you very much for bringing me up, I sincerely appreciate it. I understand the position to have to filter everyone that comes through. I hope if there is a next time, I would be welcomed once again by you Miss...”

As he lifted himself up from his bow, he saw an expression that even he was surprised.

Shock. She was simply shocked at him. His words and his gratitude. Everyone that gets the opportunity to see lady Areum, and usually when they get past her the ‘obstacle’ they usually don't give two cents about her after that. No one has sincerely thanked nor appreciated her once. This was a first, her very first in the past 5 years she’s been with the company. And seeing someone so sincere say thank you, she felt a sense of warmth wash over her. She straightens her posture and deeply bows back at the charming gentlemen this time. “No, sir.. It was- it was my pleasure. Thank you, please have a great day Mr. Jimin ssi.” She closed the door, leaving him alone, but before that they exchanged a small smile with each other in appreciation for their act of kindness, it felt like both parties have won for what they were looking for in today.

Jimin walks over to the sofa and takes a seat as he waits for… someone to come grab him? Direct him to another room? Must be a busy day he thought to himself if no one can him to see her. The wait can wait though honesty, he can even wait a couple more hours even. If it’s the chance to see her… but in all honesty he’s just proud of himself, he has finally come into the building, finally sat down and waited, finally talked and given a chance to be up on this floor, and is now here waiting for his first opportunity to see her this time.

15 minutes go by….

30 minutes go by….

1 hour goes by….

1 hour 45 minutes goes by….

Jimin glances back at the clock for the 23rd time since he’s sat on the sofa. 5:50PM.

Now he wasn’t sure if he’d be seeing Areum at all, did they forget about him, that someone was inside this room by chance? He got up and headed towards the door and slowly opened it, peeking his head left and right. Not a single soul was walking around, maybe not even a single soul was on this entire floor it felt like. Jimin slowly shut the door and went back to his spot, taking a few deep breaths to calm himself, looking back up at the clock again. Ten minutes he told himself, if he didn’t see anyone in 10 minutes he would be leaving.

Sadden.

They must of played him he thought to himself.. She must of played him… but she… no maybe just maybe, Areum had more stuff to do. Yes! That was it, she was busy. It’s a busy day, he thought to himself once again and watched the clock ticked and ticked closer to 6PM. He was obviously bummed, he thought this could finally be a chance, he could finally get the chance, he worked so hard to get here, got s involved, pour his emotions over the table to them, got himself dressed up and pass a point that he never did once before...and now… he was left alone and possibly forgotten. Jimin leaned over from where he sat and brushed his fingers through his hair.

Disappointed.

He got up from his spot as the clock slowly passed 6PM on the wall and he made his way over to the door heavy hearted and drained from the unfated day. As Jimin came closer and closer to the door he heard voices getting louder and louder thinking to himself the staff is probably going home from today’s work haul. Until the voice suddenly stopped in front of the door and the knob

slowly turned to open into the room he was in.

“Yes Director Han you have a great night as well, have a good night I’ll see you tomorrow morning. Thank you for your hard work today Haejung Sunbae, have a great night.”

Jimin kept walked towards the door thinking that the young lady who brought him here might be here to take him back down after forgetting that he was here in the first place. The young lady walked into the room with her back still towards Jimin bowing to her team as they head home for the day and finally turns around to meet another unexpected surprise for today.

OH?! JIMIN SSI!

Jimin’s eyes widen so much it was about to pop out of his eyes. He didn’t know what to do as the gears in his body jump started rapidly. Speechless and blown away at the person who walked into the room his mouth slightly ajar. It wasn’t the young lady who walked him here, nor was it the Director Han or the Sunbae named Haejung, this person was greater. His heart was racing rapidly and his eyes stuck in place to the beautiful art, all he could say mentally was her name out loud.

*Areum.*