Page 14

Be With Me

*No One’s POV*


“Lady Areum you have a visitor in the library lounge.”

“For the last time Eun Byul eonni, you can just call me Areum. Stop with the lady it makes me feel so old and over respected. I’m in not position what so-”

“Ah! Don’t you even dare say, look at what you’ve done for the company have you not done enough. And for me? Have you not done enough, you have fully earned the name Lady Areum for all and eternity. I told you I’m not saying it because I have to, I really do want to call you Lady Areum. Do we really need to go over this conversation again eh?”

Areum puffs out a harsh breath as it turns into a slight chuckle then smiles grafetully to the older one. “What am I doing to do with you?” She said sweetly to Eun Byeol.

“Who came to see me?” Areum puts another stack of her papers away into the cabinet drawer.

“Ah! Yes yes, a friend’s… friend of yours, goes by the name Park J-”

*knock* *knock* *knock*

Both of the ladies turn their eyes towards the door as it opens. “Hello, Areum-nim the proposal is finish would you like to run over it before submission?”

Areum gets up from her seat and pats Eun Byeol lightly on the arm directing them both to the door. “I’ll run over to see whoever it is in a bit, the proposal has been needing to be sent in, thanks for you hard work Eun Byeol-nim.” Both heading to the door with Areum closing it behind her as she turned right and Eun Byeol turned left back to her desk downstairs. 

Areum ran over the proposal for 33 minutes before deciding it looked complete and had her team fax in the paperwork. She then stopped over to Team B to see if they have set a plan for the Summer/Fall project, next she went to check on her security team about the new headsets and coverage for the next event gathering and soon headed to meet Director Han about the upcoming schedules on the agenda for the company. With all the running around and double checking on her teams she had completely forgotten about the person waiting inside the library lounge for her unfortunately…

“...to make sure this is done correctly I plan to visit the location myself and see what changes can be made. The upcoming project is a big one and we need to secure the layout and get the actual measurements along with list for staffing before we can start processing everyone’s information into complete detail. S.P.A.R.K.S will be coming with the managing team for extra security in case another incident occurs again Director Han.” 

Director Han looks over the event and nods in agreement as usual. “As usual, I can always count on you Areum-ah.“ He spoke setting the binder of papers down on the meeting room table, and turns towards the young lady next to him.

“You’ve been hard at work the past couple of weeks have you’ve gone home to see Soo Ah?”

Director Han takes the youngster by the hand and kindly pats the top of her hand gently, he’s been a father figure for her in the business industry and on a personal level for a while. She honestly couldn’t have made it or lived through it if not with the help from the Director himself. She’s since been ever so grateful towards him in and outside of the work field.

“I haven’t been able to see her too often as of late but we’ve been calling each other. She’s been very patient around me due to the travelling and I’m so grateful for her to understand that...” 

She says with a hint of sadness in her tone of voice, she hates being away for several days and several miles away from her loved one. Director Han looks over at the child who has been worried she isn’t trying her best at being a mother. Trying to brighten the mood up for the upset heart of one. 

“Reum-ah, you’re a wonderful mother! Look at how great she is, she’s smart and kind hearted, she definitely takes after you. You’ve been balancing everything, work and family… look at how they are keeping up with you, isn’t that beautiful. The patient heart of one’s own along with the accomplishments that have already gone by, you’re always going to succeed. I mean just look at the company.”

He opens his arms wide at the meeting room space as comparison to the big changes she’s done to the company at her own grasp. 

“You made this, we wouldn’t have gotten this far if it wasn’t for you Reum-ah. As you already know we all make sacrifices in life, it’s just how the world works… You are doing great. I know for a fact.” 

Gently patting her face with his hands like a father would to his daughter in times of hardship. Areum looks at Director Han with glossy eyes. 

“I’m so thankful for you...”

The silence between them was calming, the room felt peaceful. For the silence was not needed to be explained with words towards one another. It was just felt with the energy surrounding the ones who was present. Director Han grunting slightly as he gets up from his position “Aigoo, I should get going or the madam is going to get mad at me.” 

Areum taking his arms quickly to help him stand and out of the room and into the halls they both walked.

 “When will you be leaving Areum-ah?” 

As he once again pats the younger ones hands whose arms were now linked around his. 

“I’ll be leaving after I-” 

Her eyes suddenly widen. Realization hits her right then… *Someone’s waiting for me in the library lounge!!!!* She looks back at the Director in a calm matter to not surprise him too much at the suddenly attack of thought. 

“uh...I just have to finish up at the library lounge and I’ll be on my way for the night.” 

One of her team members Haejung gets ready to leave the office for the day as well and side by side they walked towards the library lounge to get to the elevators. 

“Thank you so much Haejung Sunbae, I’m sure you’ll be accepted as a member of the directors board this year!” 

“Aigooo, look at her go with her sweet words as usual…”

The sunbae said in a teasing tone to the younger one 

“No, no it’s true. The Spring project couldn’t have been done if not for your layout of choice, because of that we’ve gone up and our numbers have risen twice as much compared to last year’s. This was all thanks to you sunbaenim!” 

“Okay okay child, stop the complimenting before I nag you to keep doing so… are you going to stay late again?” 

Areum’s mind goes back to the person, she took a second to think about the person waiting for her in the lounge wondering if they’d still be there. 

“Yes, I’ll be here for a bit. If you can go down with Director Han and make sure he’s in his vehicle safely, I would be deeply thankful for you.” 

After the back and forth conversation, they arrived in front of the library lounge to separate from the long day’s work. She reaches her hands towards the doorknob slowly turning the knob as she looks back bowing deeply towards the Director. 

“Yes Director Han you have a great night as well, have a good night I’ll see you tomorrow morning.”

And once more towards the higher sunbae. 

“Thank you for your hard work today Haejung Sunbae, have a great night.” 

Thinking to herself that the person might have left and probably thought they were being unappreciated as she had completely ignored them. Fully turning herself to see the person still here?! A familiar face she recognize is in front of her to her surprise, the first time in a while this has happened.

“OH?! JIMIN SSI!”

Areum takes another step towards Jimin who was still in shock and she scans around the room for someone else that could be possible waiting for her. 

*Choi Areum’s POV*

*JIMIN SSI?! He? Why was he here waiting?*

“Jimin ssi, yo-you aren’t by chance the person waiting for me...right?”

*Jimin’s POV*

*Why was she here? Wasn’t someone suppose to come and get me? Maybe...not? I mean… she’s here soo...*

“Jimin ssi, yo-you aren’t by chance the person waiting for me...right?”

I let out a breath that I didn’t realize I was holding in and begin to rub the back on my neck due to nervousness. What was I going to say to her? What was I still doing here? What was she still doing here? I let my mind battle it out mentally and come to a conclusion.

“Ye-yeah… the lady told me to wait, and I thought maybe someone will come get me since I was here and just kept waiting...”

Her eyes widen and she runs her fingers through her long creamy caramel hair and completely does a full bow towards me.

“I’m uh-I-I’m so sorry. I lost track of time completely and when I realized the time it was already past the hour. I wasn’t expecting… I am so utterly sorry to keep you waiting… I…?”

She looked very guilty, but that honestly was Areum to you. She liked being on time and keeping herself busy while being on time. The comforts of her office building must of made her forget about outsiders who were entering and I couldn’t even be upset with her for that, she was just to kind hearted… too precious for the world.

“It’s okay Areum ssi. I wasn’t waiting too long either… I was just… I was actually about to leave until you came in here… ummmmm”

Now it was getting awkward. More like I was getting awkward, I haven’t been alone with Areum before so this was a first.