Page 16

Be With Me

*No One’s POV*

“Jimin-ah! Jimin-ah”

*knock* *knock* *knock*

“Ya, hurry up with the door will ya! Why is it locked anyways?”

--Clicks—

Jimin opens the door, hair in a complete mess. Eyes still not fully awake to process the excited human who is outside his door.

Taehyung pushes his way quickly, shoving Jimin back into his room. He turns around and locks the door and heads straight to the bed, plopping down quickly with both feet crossed.

Sooooooo… How did it go??”

Jimin wasn’t even registering what Taehyung is wanting to talk about due to his lack of sleep that night or more like he couldn’t really get any sleep that night. He runs his hands through his messy hair and lays down back onto his bed with a deep sigh.

“Can we talk another day, I didn’t get much sleep...” as his voice got softer and slowly falling back asleep.

Taehyung looks over at the friend who is now dozing off. Still with several thoughts lingering in his mind he keeps quiet as his mind starts thinking of ideas of how to wake up Jimin.

Thhhhiiiinnnkkkk……...

Thhhiiinnnkkk…...

Thhiinnk….

Think...

Bingo!

As Taehyung slowly gets off the bed and walks quietly to the door with a smirk on his face. He turns around to face the boy on the bed. Taking in a deep breath he starts counting down in his head.

Five.

Four.

Thrreee...

Twwwwoooo….

.

.

.

One.

Jimin-ah…..?” He quietly calls out.

Jimin-ah..?” Raising his voice to see if he gets a reaction.

“Park Jimin?!” He shouts at the friend. As Jimin slightly turns from the noise that he may or may not have heard come through.

“Jiminie…?” He says calmly once more before sending out a hearty laugh “AREUM’S HERE, AREUM’S HERE”.

Jimin stirs awake from the voice he hears in his room, but still not understanding what was being said he groggily responds with a whisper, “What?” as he turns to his other side.

Yaah! Yah! I said Areum’s here. Areum’s here!!!” Leaning his back on the door.

Jimin jumps up from his position, now fully alerted. “WHAT?!

As Taehyung calmy states again “Areum’s here. Areum. Is. Here.

Jimin leaps up and heads towards Taehyung “WHAT?! WHY IS SHE HERE? WHY IS SHE HERE?” Pulling on his hair as he looks around his room. Enjoying the moment Taehyung naturally responds “Maybe to come to see you. You guys did hang out last night, no? You probably forgot something again.” Putting his hands into his pockets, watching his friend break into a frenzy mess. 

*This is fun* Taehyung thinks to himself.

Aish….” Jimin agonizes to himself more or less... “No I didn’t… well… did I? I don’t think I...” speaking mumble jumble to himself, the disheveled boy heads towards his closet.

“Yah Taehyung-ah… just… tell her I’ll be a minute eh? God...” Looking at himself in the mirror. “I look like a mess.” As he starts digging through his clothes. *What am I going to wear… what am I going to do?*

Jimin starts looking through his closet as Taehyung once again calmly responds “Alright” and stays in his leaned up position in front of the door with hands in each pocket looking at the friend who is now rushing to clean himself.

*This one… No this one? Too dark? Too see through…? Ugh?! What am I going to wear?* Looking back at Taehyung who has a smile on his face towards him. “Did you go?.... Did you already go? Have you not left yet? Why haven’t you left? GO!!!” Throwing a shirt over at the guy who’s all cozy against the door. 

“Just keep doing what you’re doing Jimin” With a hand urging him to continue his search for an outfit. 

What?!” Jimin responds confused at what Taehyung was saying. “Just go out there and tell her I’ll be out in a bit... can you stop standing there?!”

Laughing it out now, Taehyung gets off the door with hands still in his pockets. “I will, I will... just continue looking Jiminie.” Continuing his laughter at the lost boy.

WHAT IS SO FUNNY TAEHYUNG?! YOU SAID AREUM’S HERE AND YOU'RE ACTING LIKE A CRAZY MANIAC RIGHT NOW. WHAT IF SHE COMES IN AND THINKS I’M CRAZY.” Speaking with wide eyes. 

Taehyung breaks down now full on laughing with his hands on his knees.

Jimin drops his pile of clothes to the ground and crosses his arms. “Why are you laughing so much? Didn’t you say that Areum was here, stop laughing and go stay with her” Walking up to his friend now all he sees in laughter and more laughter and his mind wandering at the possibilities.

*Why he is laughing so much?*

He then looks at his closet and Taehyung, his closet and back at the laughing Taehyung.

Realization.

“Is Areum here or not here?” 

Straightening his back from bending forward laughing, Taehyung calms down a bit “Why don’t you go check for yourself Jimin.” and laughs out one more time.

Yah Kim Taehyung!” Jimin shouts coming to a realization that in F-A-C-T Areum was not here at all. “SHE’S NOT HERE IS SHE? SHE NOT EVEN HERE?” Was he mad? Or glad? Upset or sad? 

Taehyung only responds with another sound of echoing laughter as he points to Jimin “Y-You-You should have seen you face…when I...Areum… Here” 

Man was Taehyung really enjoying every moment of his as the look of Jimin’s face was completely priceless.

Jimin charged towards Taehyung as he was visibly upset now, Taehyung runs towards the bed and Jimin pounces on the guy while grabbing his pillow. 

How. Could. You. Lie. To. Me.” Hitting him with the pillow for every word as he spoke. 

Blocking the pillow punches Taehyung smiling yells out a “Sorry” “I’m sorry” “Okay”

They wrestle on for a few more minutes as Jimin tires himself out and plops down next to the culprit. Out of breath and out of energy he tells Taehyung “Don’t you ever do that again to me.”

As Taehyung gets up from his cradle stance, he looks over at Jimin. Was he upset at him because he had lied? Or was he upset at the fact that she wasn’t here? Feeling a little guilty for putting him friend through the little joke he told, he shifts a little closer to him and with a nudge. “Yah?! You okay?”

Jimin just gives out a deep sigh and turns his head away from him.

Alright. Alright. I won’t do it again...” Looking at Jimin’s eyes to see what the friend was thinking inside. “I just wanted to see your reaction that’s all. I didn’t think you’d be so serious about this Jimin-ah.” Now looking at the front door like it’s something of interest now. “You never were...”

If there was one thing that Jimin was never serious about it was definitely Romance. Growing up with the guy, Taehyung had never seen Jimin ‘official’ date a girl or even actually get to know a girl ‘seriously’. It was more of the… can I take you out to coffee, can I get your number, can I see you next week, you know just flirting and having fun and then letting go because it got boring. But this… this was definitely something… ‘serious’.

“You like her a lot don’t you?!”

The atmosphere now calmed down.

“Yeah”

“Really really like her?”

Jimins rubs his hands together gently.

“Yeah”

“Like how much do you like her?”

Taehyung throws out.

“Why are you asking me this?”

“Cause I’m your best friend duh!!!”

“I’m not telling you anything.”

As the conversation dies down, Taehyung picks it right back up.

“You like me more though right?!”

Looking at Jimin now an anticipated response. Jimin turns towards Taehyung and nudges Taehyung’s arm. 

“Yah! You and her are different. Don’t compare yourself to her.”

“But you still like me better right?!”

Jimin whole heartily laughs out and leans back on his bed.

“Of course, there is no one like you Taehyung.”

Relaxed.

Taehyung leans back to join Jimin.

“Good, there better not be anyone.”

As they both turn towards each other, they break out in laughter.

Thankful.

Thankful to have each other here during times like this.

Taehyung takes a deep breath as he turns to look at the ceiling.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

“I’ll help you.”