Mr Magician

With Me

Hakyeon have a fun playing with his cat until his phone ringing.

"Hello."

" Hello? Hakyeon?"

" Yes, who is this?" 

" Ah, i'm Taekwoon. Sorry for disturb you this late."

" Taekwoon? Jung Taekwoon? Wait. Where did you get my number?"

" I got it from Wonshik. But thats not important. I want to ask you something."

" Ask me about what?"

" Hakyeon-ah, Jiwon want to meet you. She said she miss you and since tomorrow was her birthday, so i want to invite you to her party"

" I don't have a time. Sorry."

" Please Hakyeon-ah, actually my sister is still upset that our parent can't be with her this year, so i thought maybe you can make her happy because since she meet with you,she always talk about you."

Hakyeon sigh. He really don't want to meet with Taekwoon, but he can't resist Jiwon either. He really love kids.

" Alright, i will come."

" Really? Then, i will tell this good news to Jiwon."

" Okay."

" Okay, see you tomorrow Hakyeon-ah,"

" Leo-yah, did i really make a right decision? " Hakyeon take his cat and embracing him.

 

Hakyeon standing in front of Taekwoon house for five minutes. Thinking whether he should meet with Taekwoon.

 Sighing,he press the bell. He can't broke his promise. Beside, he comes because of Jiwon. His little friend.

" Hakyeon? Thank God you came, i thought you're not coming." Taekwoon smile widely when he saw Hakyeon in front if him, holding a present.

" Where is Jiwon?" Hakyeon look around find his little friend. He follow Taekwoon to the kitchen.

" She upstair with our aunt.She is getting ready." said Taekwoon. " Hakyeon-ah, look at this cake. Do you think its pretty?" 

Hakyeon look at the cake. " Its pretty. Why you sound worried?"

Taekwoon left a big sigh. " Actually before this, our mother always bake cake for our birthday. But this year, since my mother was not around, i try to make the cake like my mother make before. I'm afraid if Jiwon doesn't like this cake."

" Don't worry. I'm sure she will happy if she saw this cake."

Taekwoon smiling happily as he look at the cake. He kinda feel proud. 

Suddenly the door bell ringing.

" I think that Jiwon's friend. Hakyeon-ah, wait here, I'll come back." said Taekwoon leaving Hakyeon alone at the kitchen to get Jiwon's friend. Hakyeon nodded. " Don't worry about me. Just go."

After Taekwoon go, Hakyeon look around and his eyes suddenly catch a photo frame that hanging at the wall. He walk slowly to the photo frame. The picture of Taekwoon, Jiwon with their parent.

' Such a happy family.' Hakyeon look closely at the picture. ' His father look like some reliable man. That why Taekwoon really adore his father.'

"Hakyeon-ah, come here, they already starting." Taekwoon call for Hakyeon and they go to living room.

" Happy birthday to you, happy birthday to you, happy birthday to Jiwon, happy birthday to you," Jiwon blow the candle and show her big smile when all of her friend clap for her.

" Jiwon-ah, cut the cake." Taekwoon give Jiwon a knife's cake. Jiwon start cutting the cake and give it to all her friend.

" Hakyeon oppa. Here. Special for you." Jiwon give a plate of cake to Hakyeon. 

" Thank you little princess. By the way, you look really pretty today." Said Hakyeon as he pinching Jiwon cheeks.

Taekwoon smiling looking at Hakyeon and Jiwon. " Try it."

Hakyeon take a bit of the cake and raise his eyebrow. " Its good. You really have a talent in baking a cake."

" Really? Thank Y-" Taekwoon can't finish his word when one of his sister's friend suddenly crying. 

" Jiwon-ah, what's wrong? Why he crying?" Ask Taekwoon as he look at his sister.

" We play tag game when he suddenly fall." Jiwon explain to her brother.

" What should i do? I don't know how to handle kid other than my sister." said Taekwoon scratch his head. Suddenly Hakyeon kneeling in front of the crying kid. Taekwoon frowning as he wondering what Hakyeon gonna do.

" Hey, what is your name?" ask Hakyeon softly at the kid.

" Ji Hoon"

" Ji Hoon-ah, did you want to see some magic?"

The boy nodded as he still sobbing.

" But this magic not going to work if someone crying." Hakyeon make sad face. The boy suddenly stop sobbing." I'll stop crying." said the boy with his cracking voice.

"That's good, now let see if it really work." Hakyeon face turn into smiling. " Okay, Ji Hoon-ah, what colour do you like?"

" Red"

" Okay, so your favourite colour is red. Lets see if we can get something red for you." said Hakyeon and he put out one handkerchief from his pocket.

" Now, i want you to see it carefully. There is nothing in this handkerchief right?" the boy nodded strongly as his eyes never move from the handkerchief on Hakyeon's hand.

Hakyeon crumple the handkerchief and told the boy to open it back. The boy open the handkerchief back and surprise because there a mini car with red colour in the handkerchief. 

" See, it work if you stop crying." Hakyeon patted the little boy head. " Here, you can keep it. Its yours." said Hakyeon smiling.

The boy widened his eyes as he smiling happily. " Really? Thank you so much." 

" See? I told you guys before this oppa is a amazing. He really good right?" Jiwon boast to her friend and make Hakyeon blush.

 

" Hakyeon-ah,i don't know you can do something like this." Taekwoon showing his thumb to Hakyeon.

" Its not something amazing. Someone taught me before. When i got hospitalized before, i meet this one older man. I always saw him make this magic in front of children at the hospital. Even adult got impressed with his magic. I have some talk with him and he taught me about that."

"Really? I thought you isolate yourself after you being told about your leg."

" Yes,after i know my condition, i don't talk with anyone even my parent. I always alone but this old man always disturb me. Maybe because i'm look pathetic." Hakyeon laugh.

" No, you're not." Taekwoon talk in serious tone.

Hakyeon smile.

" He is the one that taught me about this trick."

" So, did you meet with him after you got discharge?"

Hakyeon smile suddenly faded from his face. " No, he passed away the day before i got discharge."

" Ah, i'm sorry for asking. I didn't know he already gone." Taekwoon feel guilty. " But can i know why he passed away?"

"He has cancer."

" I'm really envious that grandpa. He still can smile although he know he will died anytime." Hakyeon smiling as he recall his memory with that person.

 

' Hey, young man, what are you doing here alone? Don't you have a friend?" The old man suddenly interrupt Hakyeon daydreaming.

Not in his good mood,Hakyeon ignored tha old man presence. 

" Hey, i'm talking to you." The old man knock Hakyeon head lightly. "Hey, young man, are you listening?"

Annoyed, Hakyeon rolled his eyes and glaring at the old man. " What do you want?"

" Nothing. I'm just bored." The old man take a sit beside Hakyeon and whistling happily. 

Suddenly there are several kid happily playing soccer in front of them. Suddenly one of the kid fall and crying loudly.

The old man stood up and running to the kid direction. Hakyeon only look at them from the chair. The old man try wipe up the dirt on the kid's leg and trying to stop him from crying. 

" Hey kid, do you want to see something amazing?"The old man put out something from his clothes pocket. 

" Look here," the old man show his palm to Hakyeon.  

There was little bean in his palm. " You see this little bean here? I will make this little bean turn into beautiful flower."

Hakyeon raise his eyebrow. ' Did he really think it will work? '

" Kids, now i need you to blow my hand. But you need to blow it strongly, if not, this magic will not work." The old man smiling telling the kid.

After the little boy blow the old man hand, he open his hand and there a rose in there.

" Woah, uncle, you're really amazing." All the kid clap their hand and jumping in amuse. The crying kid before also laugh and jumping happily. 

' Wow, he really great at make children happy.' Hakyeon thought when he saw that scene in front of him.

" Easy right? To make people love us." The old man back to his seat beside Hakyeon.

Hakyeon not answering him.

" Hey, what wrong with your leg?" the old man point at Hakyeon bandage leg. " Are you into an accident? By car? It is hurt?"

" No, some stranger hit my leg till it became like this. I guess it such a funny story right? I will became a disable person after this and be useless." Hakyeon let a little laugh. 

"  What do you mean by useless?"

" It is true right? What can i do with this condition? Doctor said i can't even dance after this."

"And by that news,you really think your life is ended?" the sudden remark from the old man make Hakyeon went into silent.

" Young man, you still have long life. Don't waste your life by saying a scary thing like that." The old man stop a bit before continue, " I'm really sure if you saw death coming before your eyes, you will begging to be alive. To be breath."

Hakyeon bit his lips. 

" Alright, enough with all this life study, come, i'll teach you some treat and maybe you can use it for the future." The old man wink and smiling at Hakyeon.

" No thanks." 

" Come on, don't be embrassed." 

One week later , the old man died.

" Hakyeon? Are you listening?" Hakyeon wake up from his daydream and look at Taekwoon. " Yes? What are you saying?"

" I said the kids calling for you. They want you to do the magic again." Hakyeon look behind him. Jiwon and her friend pulling Hakyeon hand and brought him to the living room. 

Hakyeon never knew that one day, people will praising him again. Eventhough its only kid, he feel alive. 

That day, Hakyeon don't have any regret for coming to Taekwoon house. 

He is happy. Truly happy. And Taekwoon can see it from Hakyeon face. The sincere smile.

 

To Be Continue....