It is over 1

DaraExotory
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

 

The sound of the pouring rain keeps hitting the dirty window of my room, waking me up this Saturday morning. I scooted on the side of my old, sturdy mattress as I tugged my blanket much closer to me. As I was about to close my tired eyes, my alarm clock started ringing, indicating I have to get ready for my part-time in the clothing store. I’m still in high school yet I'm no longer living with my parents. I decided to be with my older and halfbrother, Dongwook, here in Seoul. 

 


“So you want to study in Seoul?” My mom asked me in my last year of middle school. "You know that living in there would be hard and difficult for you." My mom warned and threatened. "Even though if you’ll say that Seven will be there. He’s already a University student so probably you won't be seeing much of him, Dara.” Hoping and persuading me.

 

My mom is always protective of me ever since my dad died. Raising me for the past seven years alone handling with three jobs: one in the office, 2nd online and third would be me about me. She remarried when I entered the teenage year with a good and reliable man. 

 

 

 

 

 

“Good morning Dara.” Yixing, my Chinese co-worker and classmate in junior high, greeted me as he wears his badge.

 

 

“Good morning, Lay. How’s it going?”

 

 

“Not bad.” Smiling, showing his oh so wonderful dimple. “Do you have any plans after work, Dara?”

 

 

“None. Why do you ask?” I questioned him as I removed my hair tie from a bun, revealing an uneven wavy hair.

 

 

“I’m planning to give a girl a congratulatory present.” Scratching his head and getting shy. Getting to know Lay for the past few months, I think he’ll give the present to Wendy who just happened to win the singing competition in school. He and Wendy are close despite being in a different class. Probably because they’re both in the photography club.

 


“You have anything in mind?” I asked curiously as I patiently braided my side hair.

 

 

“Sad to say I don’t. She’s kinda unpredictable. She likes the opposite things.” Lay laughed as if he remembered something. “That’s why I needed your opinion ‘cause I figured you have the same taste.” Eyeing my tomboy outfit.

 

 

 

“Uhhh.....Sure.” Raising my brow in a quirky way which earned a laugh from him. “T

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter