Chapter 32: Sunday Blooms

In Love With You

The sun glistens through the curtains, the window slightly open, letting in the fresh ray of the summer sun on a perfect Sunday morning. Jungkook has been up and took shower but went right back to bed, gazing at Jimin who was deeply asleep, not wanting to wake him up. Taking in every inch of his face, wanting to pinch his cheeks but fights the urge to afraid he will disturb his sleep. At this moment, the time has stopped, prom night ended in a way, they could not anticipate, and Jungkook had no complaints. Memories of last night, in each other’s arm, and sweating and I love you escaping Jimin’s mouth, the thought of it made his heart skip a beat, flustered in a way he could never imagine. They made love for the first time and it was beyond Jungkook’s imagination, unbelievable beyond words.  Jimin mumbles something as his eyes open, oblivious he stretches out his arm, accidentally smacking Jungkook on the face. 

“Ow!”

“Oh , Jungkook are you okay?” asks Jimin caressing his face, “Sorry, I forgot you were on the bed.”

“Oh yeah,” says Jungkook, laughing but before Jimin could say anything, he rolled over on top of him, gazing into his eyes. Jimin quickly covers his mouth with his hands,

“What’re you doing?” he mumbles incoherently, Jungkook moves his hand from his mouth, and leans in to kiss him but Jimin turns his face to the side.

“I haven’t brushed my teeth,” he says. Jungkook laughs,

“I haven’t either,” he replies. Jimin turns and looks at him, inhaling his breath,

“You’re lying, you smell like mint and cologne,” says Jimin, “I saw you go to the bathroom.” Jungkook laughs,

“Really?”

“I was asleep, not dead.” Jungkook leans in again but Jimin stops him,

“Come on, I don’t care about your morning breath hyung.”

“No but I do,” says Jimin, laughing, “Get off me.”

“That’s not what you said last though,” teases Jungkook. Jimin’s mouth slightly opens to protest but was too embarrassed to utter a word, instead he punished Jungkook to the other side. He was about to get off the bed but Jungkook grabs his wrist pulling him into his arms, wrapping his arm around in a bear hug. Unable to move Jimin smiles, taking in his scent as his bare body pressed against his shirt,

“I love you Jiminie-hyung.” Jungkook lets him go, staring into his eyes. Jimin gently punches him on the shoulder and gets off the bed,

“What was that for?”

“Were trying to smother to death,” says Jimin, trying to sound mad but his flushed face and smile in the corner of his mouth betrayed him.

“Ow that hurts, and would it kill you to say I love you back,” teases Jungkook.

“You already know,” replies Jimin and heads off to the bathroom, closing the door shut.

 

They head downstairs messing around, touching and tickling each other, as they laugh, feeling giddy. They both were not but the way they were glowing, as if they lost ity to each other for the first time, unable to keep their hands off each other. Jungkook pulls Jimin in his arms, holding him by the waist.

“I don’t want you to leave, stay for breakfast.”

“It’s fine, I should go home, my dad was blowing up my phone,” replies Jimin.

“Hmmm,” groans Jungkook, letting him go, “Fine.”

“I don’t have work,” says Jimin, kissing on the cheek, “Maybe we can get together later.” Jungkook lights up, smiling from ear to ear. Jungkook waves bye to him as Jimin walks out of the house and shut the door behind him. He yawns and walks to the dining room; his sister was sitting down eating breakfast. She looks and smiles,

“Good morning.”

“Hey,” he says sitting down.

“How was last night?”

“Fun,” he replies, making a toast and taking a bite from it.

“Anything exciting happen?” she asks with a smirk, Jungkook stares at his sister, blushing. He clears his throat,

“Beside the dance?”

“Yeah, I mean you guys did come home early, and not mention your clothes were wet.” Jungkook gasps staring at his sister dumbfounded,

“Were you spying on us?”

His sister burst out laughing, almost spitting her food out, she sighs,

“There was water on the floor, drops on the stairs and I heard you guys, so I opened and saw you going into your room.”

“We went swimming…” replies Jungkook, his voice breaking. He gulps down his glass of orange juice. His sister stares at him, suspiciously,

“You two totally had , didn’t you?” Jungkook spits out his juice, spattering all over the table, coughing, surprised by his sister’s words.

“What makes you think…”

“Oh please, how thick do you think this house is, your lucky dad wasn’t home.” Jungkook’s mouth open and eyes widen, his face red as a cherry pop, unable to come up with someone clever. His sister laughs, enjoying making him feel shy,

“I’m kidding,” she says, “But your whole body was dead giveaway the minute you walked in here. I had my headphones on, so I didn’t hear anything. So how was it?”

“None of your business,” he replies and gets up.

“Oh, come on, don’t feel shy Kookie, “Was it that bad?”

“What of course not!” exclaims Jungkook, his sister smirks,

“So, it was pretty good then.” Jungkook sighs loudly, walking out of the dining room,

“You can so nosy sometimes.”

“I’m happy my brother sealed the deal with his boyfriend!”

“Shut up!” shouts Jungkook as he quickly runs up the stairs to his room, feeling shy.

 

As sun sat in the middle of the blue sky, blinding, with Jimin busy with his family, Jungkook laid on the bed thinking about what he should do for the rest of the evening. He could call his friends but he not knowing how they are going to react to being ditched at prom, he decides it would be best if they reach him first. The door opens, and it was his sister, she scans the room and glances at him.

“Wow must be nice,” she taunts looking at the pile of clothing, shoes, and books around the room, “You can clean your room if you have nothing to do.”

“I’m tired.”

“Pssh, come on go to the store and buy some pads, I’m out.”

“Arghhhh!” groans Jungkook glaring at his sister. She ignores his complaints and places a forty dollar on the table,

“Before it gets dark please.” The door closes after her, he stares at the money, with nothing to do, he must as well be a good brother for today. It was not the first time his sister sends him to buy her some personal things, but he was feeling lazy.

Not wanting to waste time, he puts on his black large sweater and basketball shorts. He heads downstairs and grabs the car keys from his sister.

“Thank you!” she chirpers happily. He rolls his eyes and leaves.

 

He finds parking spots and parks the car. He puts on his hoody when he gets out of the car and heads to inside the store. Not wanting to talk or hear anyone, he plugs his earphones in. Having bought so many things for his sister, he knows exactly where to go which meant avoiding awkward stares from the staff like the first time he came to buy period pads for his sister. He walks to the section and avoids any eye contact, it never gets easy, every time he comes here, he always feels like he is invading something sacred or something. He sighs as his eyes scan for the brand that his sister usually buys, he spots the purple always bag and quickly grabs it. He sighs relieved as he was about to leave he feels a tap on his shoulder, he turns around, it was Crystal.

“Hey,” she says, “I thought that was you.”

“Crystal, hey,” he says, looking around, she had a purple bag in her hand as well. Must it be the time huh?

“Running errands for your sister,” she teases staring at the bag. Jungkook laughs and nods his head. They both start walking towards the register.

“So…what happened to you guys last night?”

“Ahh…we left, I guess we got bored.” Jungkook clears his throat, as Crystal stares at him suspiciously.

“Okay…”

“Anyway, what happened to you and your date last night?”

“Hmm…we hit it off, he’s a really nice guy and smart. He is in my math class.”

“That’s good.”

“Yeah, anyway, do you want to hang out tonight if you’re not busy that is? Yugyeom and I are going to watch movies and eat junk food.”

“Hmm…I have nothing planned, okay.”

 

After paying for their staff, Jungkook walks her to her car and says bye to her as she gets inside. He watches her driveaway before heading to his car. He was looking forward to spending the rest of the day with Jimin but with Jimin having plans with his family, he must as well hang out with his friends. It was either that or spend the rest of the Sunday playing computer games in his room which he would do but knows his sister will pester him to clean his room first. He gets in the car and heads home, excited by the thought of sealing the deal with Jimin, does this mean they’re going to start planning their future together? Jungkook bites his lip, holding back a smile, thinking about the future made his heart flutter. But how would their future look like with Jimin going to another state for college and him going to the art institute, will they be strong enough to survive that? Jungkook shakes his head to clear his mind of any negative thoughts, Jimin and he just had for the first time, he would rather spend many more times having with Jimin then think about what would happen in the future. Summer was two months away, it would be better to think about how to spend the summer together than those negative things. After all, Summer is the season of love, is not?