Chapter 21: I Don't Want You to Get Hurt

In Love With You

The tension in the house was unbearable since their dad stood them up on their mother’s anniversary. His sister still not talking to their dad, even worse every time their dad tried talking to her, they would end up in an argument, ending up with her storming out of the house and spending the night at her friend’s house. Getting frustrated with the environment, Jungkook tries not to be caught in the middle, he was angry at his father for not being able to make it, after all the hard work his sister put in, but he was not as angry as his sister. And after, crying on Jimin, he felt better than he has in years about his mother’s death but since then he has been feeling shy around, too embarrassed to look at him but at the same time cannot stop looking at him.

The weather today felt nice, it was not cold or hot outside, walking towards the building beside each other, their shoulders brushing against each other every now and then. Discussing their plans for Spring Break that was a few weeks away, and with Jimin’s mother leaving for work, Jimin had to cancel the trip to Busan he was planning. Jungkook not having any plans for Spring Break was happy Jimin is not leaving for Spring Break which meant they would be able to spend time together. They reach Jimin’s locker, Jungkook leans against the lockers, staring at Jimin as he opens his lockers, mesmerized by him even though he is not doing anything special, he was just taking out his math book out of the lockers for class. Jimin turns and catches his gaze, Jungkook immediately averts his eyes, chuckling. He sees a guy approaching them, someone unfamiliar, the guy was in a letterman jacket, the ones the football players usually wear.

“Jimin,” calls the guy, aggressively, “Can we talk?” Jimin turns around, looking as confused as Jungkook was,

“What do you want, John?” says Jimin, closing his locker,

“What’s going on between you and Tiffany?” asks John, glaring at Jimin, Jungkook stares at Jimin, Tiffany?

“What’re you talking about?” asks Jimin, puzzled, “Tiffany? I haven’t spoken to her in weeks.”

“Really? Then why the did she break up with me? saying it was because of you.” Jimin glances at Jungkook, who just shrugs his shoulders, Jimin guffs, shaking his head,

“Like I said, I haven’t spoken to her,” he replies, “Go ask her, I don’t know what you're talking about.” Jungkook sighs, he did not understand what was happening and from the looks of it, Jimin also did not know what was going on, he seems as lost as Jungkook is, staring at this guy confronting him. More than anything, the guy’s tone, while talking to Jimin was irritating him, he wanted to say something but decides not to.

“Look,” says John, “I like Tiffany, and we just got together, and she dumps me out of nowhere, I just want to warn to stay away from her.” Jimin burst out laughing, taking Jungkook and John by surprise, he exhales,

“Are you serious? I can’t stand her, why would I go anywhere near her? You’re barking at the wrong tree, tell your girlfriend to leave me out of all problems.” Jungkook stares at John, who was clenching his fist, Jungkook moves closer to Jimin, feeling like things were going to be escalated, John did not look like someone who was easily going to let Jimin talk to him like that.

“Let’s go,” says Jungkook, looking at Jimin, who just nods his head. As if he just noticed Jungkook’s presence, John turns over to him with a smirk,

“Is this your boyfriend?” says John, snickering, “What? you like guys now?” Jungkook and Jimin both stop in their track, Jungkook stares at Jimin, who sighs, clenching his fist, he turns around,

“You better watch your mouth,” says Jimin, glaring at him, the same look he had in the cafeteria when Liam was teasing him,

“Or else what?” says John, “You gonna tell your dad.” Jungkook glares at John, clenching his fist with gritted teeth from an effort to remain silent, his chest tightening, anger boiling up with every second passing, 

“Let’s go,” says Jimin, walking ahead of Jungkook, Jungkook glares at John, wanting to punch his face in for talking to Jimin like that, Who the does he think he is? He glances at Jimin who was waiting for him, he was not scared, as if it was something he was familiar with, as he was about to walk away, John approaches him, standing in front of him,

“Do yourself a favor,” he says, “Don’t get involved with him.” Jimin did not seem to be phased or bothered by John’s aggressive behavior, no hint of fear or invitational smirk. Jungkook sighs,

“It’s none of your ing business,” retorts Jungkook, taking him by surprise, “You better watch the way you talk to Jimin.” John burst out laughing,

“Wow,” he says, his voice loud, attracting an audience from the people walking past them, “And if I don’t?”

“Jungkook,” calls Jimin, not listening to Jimin calling him, Jungkook walks closer to John to show him that he is was not intimidated by the least.

“Just cause’ a girl played you does not mean you come and start with someone else,” he says, staring him down. The students walking by slowly stopping to see what was going on, drawing in a crowd, Jungkook was not a fighter but not because he could not fight but because with his short temper, once sparked, it would be impossible to control him. Feeling his nails digging into his hands, he knows he should walk away but how can he when John was looking for a fight, and if a fight he wanted, he would get it but Jimin comes and stands between them, glaring at John, arms crossed.

“Look, John, if you have a problem with Tiffany, take it up with her,” he says, he turns around and glares at Jungkook, walking past him.

“You’re my ing problem!” shouts John, “You think the whole world revolves around you, don’t you? Walking over people like nothing,” says John, approaching Jimin but was stopped by Jungkook,

“Move out of my way,” sneers John, “This is none of your business.” He pushes Jungkook but Jungkook holds himself firm as the guy laughs,

“Are you his lapdog?” curses the guy, lunging forward about to hit Jungkook, but not knowing what happened, suddenly Jungkook’s fists slams into his face causing the guy to fly backward, hitting the ground, as pain jolts up his arm like blades piercing his clammed fist. John gets up and lunges at Jungkook, landing a punch on his jaw, with such a force, blood pooled in his mouth as pain erupted from the point of impact. Not knowing what happened, Jungkook tackles him to the floor, an advantage he has from his height. Continuing to punch him in the face as John tried to defend himself but fails, blood leaks from both his nostrils and his nose was twisted right. The crowd roaring with amusement and phones flushing and recording as Jungkook continues slamming his fist on his face, everything disappearing, blood humming in his veins, his anger over his father and sister fighting, the guy insulting Jimin all making his body burn as his anger takes over.

 The next thing he knew he was being pulled off John by the school Dean, everything coming to focus, he looks around at the roaring crowd being shooed away by the teachers and Dean, his eyes scan for Jimin, who was standing a few feet away from him. The minute his eyes adjusted to his surrounding it died in his throat. Seeing the disappointment etched on Jimin’s face, as the Dean shouts at him to head to the Principle’s office.

Jungkook’s eyes glance around the office, it has been awhile since he has been sent to the Principle office, the last time was when he ditched class with Jimin. His eyes focus on the woman sitting in front of him, with glass, hair in a bun and arms crossed, waiting for an explanation. The school has a strict no fighting policy, he would be in so much trouble at home, Jungkook curses himself for failing to control his temper. The bruise on his cheek, aching, he stares at John who was sitting next to him, looking way worse with bruises all over his face, with an ice pack pressed against his nose.

“Anyone care to explain what happened?” says the Principle, sharply, Jungkook stares at his bruised knuckles, it has been awhile since he has been in a fight, his hand was in so much pain, .

“Mr. Peterson,” says Principle, “What did we discuss last time you were in this office?” Jungkook glances over at John, who just sat there, in pain,

“No more second chances,” he mumbles,

“Yes, no more second chances,” she retorts, she sighs loudly, “I don’t care who started it but heed my warnings, this will not happen again. You're suspended for a week, the next time I see you in this office for fighting, you’ll be expelled.” She turns to Jungkook,

“And you, Mr. Jeon,” she says, Jungkook sighs, holding his breath, anticipating his punishment, “Care to tell me what happened, you’re a top student, never had problems before, why am I seeing your face so much this semester?” Jungkook stares at her, not sure how to answer her questions. She sighs,

“Because you’re not a troublemaker, I hope you reflect on your choices because this will affect your record since this is your first time this semester getting in a fight. I won’t suspend you, but you will stay in detention for two weeks, reflecting on yourself.” Jungkook sighs, relieved that he did not get suspended, the college he wants to go will not tolerate suspicion but that is not what he was worried about, his father is going to chew him out for this. After signing papers, the Principle dismisses them, telling them to stay out of trouble and away from each other. As they walk out of the office, Jungkook sighs not believing how the day started out so simple and went to hell quick, but more then he could not forget the look on Jimin’s face, his disappointment.

“He is not as nice as you think,” says John, Jungkook sighs, still walking, not listening to his nonsense,

“Hey,” calls John grabbing his shoulder, Jungkook shrugs his hand away,

“You want to fight again?” shouts Jungkook, John sighs, glaring at him,

“He doesn’t deserve to be defended like that, he charms people around him but ends up walking all over people, Jimin has been like since I’ve known him.” Jungkook guffs, not believing what he was hearing,

“Are you serious?” he says, “Don’t ing talk about him like you know him, you don’t know about him, don’t come near him again.” Jungkook starts to walk away but John stops him,

“Well, if you think he such a good person, maybe you should try asking your friend, Yugyeom, just what he thinks about him.” Jungkook turns to face him, confused,

“What the hell are you talking?” demands Jungkook, getting angry, John laughs, shaking his head,

“Go ask your friend,” he replies, walking past Jungkook. What does Yugyeom have to do with Jimin? He wonders, confused and irritated.

He gets to class and hands the teacher the late slip and goes to sit down, all eyes following him but Jimin who did not bother to look at him as he sits at his desk. Jungkook glances up at Jimin, catching Rachel’s gaze as she mouths, are you okay? He nods his head, forcing a smile but winces at the pain from the bruise on his jaw. The rest of the class went by quickly with Jimin barely acknowledging him, catching his gaze every now and then. With thoughts of what John said to him, Jungkook was baffled and irritated. As soon as the bell rings, Jungkook gets up to try to talk to Jimin who just walks past him heading out of the class, Jungkook guffs,

“What the hell?” mutters Jungkook, staring at him and glancing at Rachel who shrugs her shoulder, leaving to catch up with her friend. Jungkook exhales, wondering why Jimin was mad at him, he never planned to get into a fight, he did not want to, but he could not just stand there as that guy talked about him, what kind of boyfriend would that make him? And, people would think he was a crowd, he is not someone who usually uses words to diss anyone, with his temper is it easier to solve things by just walking away.

 

As he walks towards the cafeteria, upset Jimin was not answering his text message, he hopes to find in the cafeteria. Not bothering getting anything to eat, he scans the room for his friends and spots them sitting with Jimin’s friends, he starts to approach the table but no sign of Jimin. He sighs, as he walks, he gets cut off by Tiffany,

“,” mutter Jungkook, not in the mood to deal with her since she was the cause of John giving them a headache in the morning. She stands in front of him, arms crossed, glaring at him,

“What the do you want?” asks Jungkook, glaring at her, eyes sharp they can pierce through her, she takes a step closer to him,

“I heard you got in a fight with John?” she says, “What’s going on between you and Jimin?” Jungkook guffs, shaking his head, not wanting to entertain her, he walks past her, ignoring her as she calls out his name. Jungkook can feel the other students staring at him but he could not be bothered with them, he just wanted to know why Jimin is mad at him. His friends look at him as he takes a seat at the chair next to Crystal,

“Oh, wow,” she says, shocked, staring at his face, “You really did get in a fight, I thought Yugyeom was bullting.”

“I told you,” says Yugyeom, “I heard some kids talking about it, I asked them, and they said some Korean kid got in a fight with a football player, John and apparently won.” Jungkook gaze at Yugyeom, wondering what John meant by asking him about what he thought of Jimin. Yugyeom and he talk about everything, how can there be something he knows about Jimin that he would not tell Jungkook, especially since they are dating now. Yugyeom wraps his arm around his shoulder,

“Hmm, by the looks of it though, looks like you got run over by a train,” teases Yugyeom laughing, slightly shoving him away, Jungkook turns to Rachel,

“Have you seen Jimin-hyung?”

“Hmm, he was in a bad mood, all day,” she replies, “He said he didn’t have an appetite, probably went to hide on the school rooftop like he usually does.” Jungkook sighs and gets up,

“I think you should give him so space,” says Liam, “He hates it when people show up at the rooftop.” Jungkook shakes his head, surprised that his friends knew he hangs out at the rooftop but by the looks of it, it seems like Jimin never told them that they regularly meet up there, Jungkook smiles at his friends and walks away, as they stare at him, baffled.

 

As he walks to the rooftop, he scans the hallways, making sure no one is around especially teachers or the Dean, getting sent to the Principle two times in a row it's not something he is looking forward to doing. As he cautiously walks up the stairs, he looks around one more time before opening door, just as his friends told him, Jimin was on the rooftop. His head leaning on his arms as he looks over the wall, oblivious to Jungkook’s presences. Jungkook smiles as he quietly walks closer to him, he tickles him on his side, causing Jimin to quickly turn around, shocked,

“Been looking for you,” says Jungkook, looking at him, Jimin sighs, surprised to see, he seems to be in his own thoughts,

“Jungkook,” he says, softly, still upset “What’re you doing here?”

“Looking for you,” he replies, “What’s wrong with you?” Jimin sighs, scanning his face, his eyes focused on the dark purple bruise on his jaw, he looks up, catching his gaze, gentle and stern filled with worry, he sighs, pouting,

“Why did you have to get in a fight?” he says finally, taking Jungkook by surprise by his tone, Jungkook stares at him, not sure of how to reply to him,

“Well, I just…he should’ve watched the way he spoke to you…I just wanted to defend you.” Jimin guffs with disbelieve,

“Defend me?” he says, “Do I look like some fragile chick, needing someone to defend me, all you did was cause a commotion.” Jungkook sighs, upset,

“Jimin-hyung!” he calls out, staring at him, as Jimin bites his lips, he sighs, his gaze softening,

“I’m not mad at you, I was just disappointed, not everything should be solved with fists. I was just scared that you would be expelled.” Jungkook sighs, realizing that Jimin was mad because he is worried about him. Jungkook breaks out into a huge grin, happy that Jimin was concerned about him,

“I don’t care if I got expelled,” he says, “I would never let anyone lay their hands on you or bad mouth you.” It gets silent, as the wind slightly blows the cold breeze by them, Jimin squints at him with a smirk,

“Do you know who my dad is? No one in their right mind will lay a hand on me. I don’t care what anyone says about me, John was obviously trying to provoke me. I wanted to walk away because I hate all that commotion not because I fear him.” Jungkook pouts staring at him,

“Sorry,” he says, “I won’t get into another fight with anyone else.” Jimin laughs, staring at him, he gently touches his face, his finger tracing the wound, Jungkook winces at the pain, but at the same time soothed by his touch. Leaving his hand there, he looks up in his eyes,

“Does it hurt?” Jungkook bites his lips, unable to control his racing heart, as Jimin stares at him with warmth and concern, he nods his head.

“That’s what you get for using your fist,” he says, laughing, “I’m sorry, I didn’t mean to ignore you, I just don’t want you to get hurt.” Jungkook laughs, taking his hand, Jimin stares at his purple bruised knuckles,

“Ya! You must be in pain.”

“As your boyfriend, I would rather be in pain then have you be hurt,” replies Jungkook in a serious tone, Jimin’s mouth slightly opens, ready to protest but his heart fluttering at Jungkook’s words, he could not help but blush.

“So much for being discreet,” he mumbles, “I’m sure everyone will speculate about our relationship and…”

“Let them,” interrupts Jungkook, “As long as you love me, I’ll make sure no one ever says anything bad about you.”

Jimin laughs, lightly punching him on the shoulder, “You’re just a regular hero, aren’t you?” he says teasing him, Jungkook laughs but flinches at the pain. Jimin leans against the wall and Jungkook stands beside him, his shoulder brushing against Jimin, John’s words piercing his mind, the thought of Yugyeom knowing something about Jimin, annoyed him but not wanting to ruin the mood, he shakes the thoughts out his head. 

“Are you staying after school today?” asks Jimin, Jungkook gazes at him puzzled,

“After school? What for?” he replies,

“Doesn’t the girls’ volleyball team have a game today?” he asks, staring at Jungkook,

“!” shouts Jungkook, he has been so occupied with everything that happened in the morning, he completely forgot Crystal had a game, “, I forgot, yeah, I have to stay, she’ll be pissed off if we don’t watch her games.” Jimin chuckles, Jungkook stares at him, wanting to run his fingers through his hair,

“What?” asks Jimin, Jungkook smiles, turning around,

“You’re cute when you're serious,” he mutters underneath his breath,

“Hmm?”

 

After school, he calls Jimin on the phone to tell him bye as he waits for Yugyeom for Crystal’s game. With the game starting at four o’clock it was less of a hassle to stay at school then go home and come back to school. Jungkook knows if he goes home, he would be too lazy to get up and go to a game. As he waits for Yugyeom, his mind wonders about whether he should Yugyeom what John was talking about, he sighs loudly, as the thoughts evade his mind. He spots Yugyeom and Crystal walking towards him, he waves at them, his friends wave back at him.

“I thought you forgot about my game,” says Crystal, eyeing him, Jungkook laughs,

“Not really,” he replies, clearing his throat, “We’re your good luck charms, how can I not be at your game?” Crystal rolls her eyes,

“So…” she says, “This has been bothering me, but why did you get in a fight again? And what did the principal say?”

“Oh, it was nothing,” says Jungkook, “Starting tomorrow, I have a detention for two weeks.”

“Damn,” says Yugyeom, “That but you stood your ground, I’m proud.”

“Shut up,” says Crystal staring at Yugyeom, she turns back to Jungkook,

“You keep getting into fights, it’ll affect your school record,” says, with a stern voice, “You know how picky those art schools are.” Jungkook sighs,

“Don’t make it a big deal,” says Yugyeom, “Anyway, don’t you have to go warm up for your game.” Crystals sigh, about to protest but she just sighs,

“I’ll see you guys later,” she says, walking away with her duffle bag around her shoulder.

“Good luck,” says Jungkook smiling at her, she nods her head and walks away towards the gym.

“Should we go sit at the bleachers,” says Jungkook,

“It’s too early,” says Yugyeom, “But sure, it’s like there is anything else to do.”

 

As they sit at the bleachers, waiting for the game to start, Yugyeom was on his phone playing games and Jungkook’s eyes scan the gym, as kids sit on the bleachers waiting for the game, kids from different schools as well arrive sitting opposite of them. Jungkook turns over to his friend, thinking of how to bring up the topic, the thought of Yugyeom keeping secrets from him made him angry and fact that it has to do with Jimin, he could not help but be jealous. Now that he thinks about it, Yugyeom always seemed to know things about Jimin way before Jungkook acknowledged his crush on Jimin.

“What?” says Yugyeom, eyes lifting from his phone,

“What?”

“You’re the one staring at me,” replies Yugyeom. Jungkook looks away, clearing his throat,

“Um…can I ask you something?” he says, Yugyeom nods his head, staring at his phone,

“Do you know John?” asks Jungkook,

“John, the guy you fought with this morning?” clarifies Yugyeom, staring at him, Jungkook nods his head, biting his lips,

“Yeah, he said the weirdest thing to me,” he goes on,

“What is it?” says Yugyeom putting his phone down, Jungkook laughs.

“Um, well he is an , I know that, but he told me that I shouldn’t defend Jimin so much because he is not a nice person. I don’t believe him of course, he just jealous that Tiffany is obsessed with Jimin and she played him, so he decided to take his anger out on him. But when we got out of the Principle’s office, he told me that if I don’t believe him that Jimin is not nice, I should ask you about it, why would he say that?” Yugyeom stares at him, biting his lips, a nervous habit of his, he sighs, rolling his eyes,

“John and I aren’t friends but…” he says, his voice trailing off. He clears his throat, “I don’t know what he is talking about.”

“Really?” says Jungkook, eyeing him, “Then why would he say that, do you know something about Jimin you’re not telling me?” Yugyeom guffs, shaking his head,

“I honestly don’t know unless he is referring to the fact that...” says Yugyeom, “It’s not really a secret, I just never brought it up.”

“What is it?” says Jungkook, anticipating the answer, Yugyeom gets quiet,

“Okay, remember when I told you I saw Jimin reject someone before and that he was really harsh about it? You asked me why I knew so much about Jimin…well, don’t get mad because it was a long time ago.” Jungkook stares at his friend nervous about what he was about to tell him,

“This was when we were freshmen, I knew Jimin because he is friends with Bambam, despite my bickering with Bambam, he always stood out, and I guess I kind of developed a crush on him…” Jungkook’s mouth slightly opens loss at words, staring at his friend, his mind blank and eyes wide open. Yugyeom clears his throat waiting for Jungkook to say something, Jungkook looks at him,

“You had a crush on Jimin?” says Jungkook, finally able to form words, “And why would John know about that?”

“Well, because he was there when I confessed my feelings to Jimin after school. What he is referring to saying Jimin is not nice is probably because Jimin was really mean about it.” Jungkook stares at him, not believing what he is hearing, Yugyeom had a crush on Jimin and the guy Yugyeom told him about that was rejected by Jimin was him, trying to register the words coming from his friend’s mouth,

“So, this whole time you were telling me to be careful is because you experienced it, personally how mean Jimin can be? It wasn't a rumor you heard about” Yugyeom sighs, realizing Jungkook was getting upset, “So you lied to me, why didn’t ever tell me? I tell you everything.” Yugyeom gets quiet, he turns to look at his friend,

“Sorry, it was a long time ago, don’t make it into a big deal,” says Yugyeom, “That’s why I told you if he didn’t like you, he would tell you and that he does not beat around the bush. Anyway, forget about John, he just wants to make a big deal out of nothing.”

“Nothing?” says Jungkook, “I just learned my best friend used to have a crush on my boyfriend and top it off, he was rejected very harshly, I’m supposed to just ignore the fact you lied to me.”

“Ya Jungkook,” says Yugyeom, “We were freshmen, just like you I also struggled with my feelings, and besides I’m over it.”

“So why keep it a secret, you could’ve told me.” Yugyeom guffs,

“Because I know you, well enough, you would’ve made a big deal of it, like your doing now.” Jungkook shakes his head, as the gym gets louder, the game about to start, he sighs,

“Can you at least tell me what he said,” he asks. Yugyeom sighs,

“Well, it doesn’t matter,” he says laughing, “I would rather not think about it.”

“Was it that bad?” asks Jungkook, unable to think about anything else, curious to hear what Jimin said, Yugyeom laughs,

“No, I mean, I told him I liked him, but he just looked at me like…he didn’t even know who I was despite having seen him with Bambam,” Yugyeom clears his throat, “all his said was, he is not interested and that he was out of my league and to stay away from him.” Jungkook’s mouth drops open, not knowing how to react, he stares at his friend, 

“That’s harsh,” says Jungkook, feeling sorry,

“Actually,” says Yugyeom laughing, “It was funny even though I didn’t find it funny at that time. I never told anyone about it because I guess I never thought about it again, that’s why I was surprised when you told me you had a crush on him, looks like the game is about to start.” Jungkook sighs, staring at his friend, his mind all over the place, was Yugyeom downplaying because he was feeling embarrassed or is it not as a big deal as John made it sound, not wanting to pester him, he decides not to ask any more questions. He was not surprised at the words Jimin said to Yugyeom, he was more shocked that Yugyeom had a crush on Jimin, the thought of it weirded him out. He could not help but wonder if Yugyeom is over it, was the things he said about Jimin because he still hurting over the rejection? Yugyeom clears his throat,

“Just because he rejected me doesn’t make him evil,” he says, taking a serious tone, “I think you’re good for him, don’t let what I told you and or anyone tells you, change your feelings for him.” Jungkook sighs, wondering why Yugyeom was so cool about it but if Yugyeom was not making it a big deal, then he should not, besides he is right, it was a long time ago. As obnoxious and rude Jimin can be, he has also seen him at his best, his soft and caring side but what bothered him more was the fact that Jimin never said anything about it. He knew Yugyeom and Crystal way before Jungkook even confessed his feelings for him, he was the one who asked if he was friends with them at the park, why would he keep it a secret that Yugyeom used to like him?

Jungkook sighs, as the game starts, shaking out all thoughts and wanting to focus on the game.

 

The game did not go well for their school, Rosewell lost against the Sunnyside High School, three to zero which made the ride home awkward and silent. It was they're first lost in the semester, so she was quiet throughout the car ride, Jungkook felt bad for not paying attention, his mind was focused on his conversation with Yugyeom. When she dropped them off, she barely said a word to them and not wanting to add salt to the wound, none of them said anything, both knowing well that if they said anything, she would be even angrier. Wondering why the day turned so bad, Jungkook heads into his house, annoyed to how the day just went to . His sister was off, he could tell by the chattering coming from the living room,

“Jungkook!” she calls from the living, “Come over here, I need to talk to you.” Jungkook sighs loudly, he is sure his school called, and his sister knows about the detention and the fight. He walks over to the living room, his sister was sitting on the couch,

“What is it?” he says, hoping that the school has not called yet, but he knows it is unlikely. She stands up walking to him, arms crossed and face stern,

“Want to me why the hell you got into a fight for at school?” Jungkook looks around, unable to look at his sister’s angry and fuming face, he sighs, he did not want to mention Jimin because he knows his sister would think about him,

“He started it, besides I didn’t get suspended” he replies, his sister’s eyes widen, she guffs,

“Since when do you get into fights with people?” she questions, “If dad hears about this, you’re going to be in big trouble, do you hear me?” Jungkook opens his mouth to protest but just ends up pouting,

“So, you guys are talking now,” he retorts, “You and dad can’t even be at the same place.”

“Don’t get smart with me!” she exclaims, “Your principle might have given you a second chance, but you’re grounded for a week. No games, no tv and no hanging out.” Jungkook glares at his sister, angry but not wanting to make things worse, he chooses to stay quiet, his sister sits back on the coach and Jungkook walks to his room. He swings open the door, tossing his backpack on the floor. He sits on the bed, angry, .

 

With his detentions and being grounded, the week went slow for Jungkook, his sister telling his dad made things worse, his dad yelled at him but since his sister already grounded him there was not more he can do. He hated that he could only see Jimin at school, but he was glad the week over. Glad that it was Saturday, he decided to invite Jimin over to come hang out in the evening while his sister was at work, the last thing he wanted was to deal with her moods. His father and sister still were not talking but things were not as intense as the last few days. Jungkook was in the living room, looking at the watch, impatient as he waits for Jimin. He scrolls through the television channel unable to find anything interesting. This was the first time they were going to be alone in weeks since the day Jimin slept over, just the thought of it, made his heart flutter and stomach churn with butterflies. A knock comes at the door, grinning, Jungkook gets up and quickly opens the door, a box was shoved in front of his face,

“I come barely gifts,” says Jimin, as Jungkook pushes the box away from his face,

“What is it?”

“Donuts,” replies Jimin, walking past him. Jungkook closes the door, following him,

“Aren’t you still grounded?” Jungkook laughs, running his fingers through his hair,

“I was getting bored, there is nothing to do,” he says, playing it cool. Jimin stares at him, looking at the television and back at him,

“Really?” he says, smirking and gazing at him, in disbelieve. Jungkook shakes his head,

“Why’d you bring donuts anyway?” he asks, changing the subject,

“I was curving them, so I bought them,” replies Jimin, smiling, placing the box on the table and sitting down,

“Are you going to stand all day?” asks Jimin, taking out a chocolate donut and handing it to Jungkook as he takes a seat next to him. Jungkook takes the chocolate donut, watching him as he pulls out a strawberry glazed donut, as he bites into it, leaving cream around the corner of his mouth. Jungkook stares at him, unable to control his smile, he puts his donuts back in the box,

“You don’t want it?” ask Jimin, Jungkook smiles, moving closer to him, touching his face, he slowly wipes away the cream,

“You’re messy,” he says, quietly, Jimin gazes at him, his face splitting into a wide smile, briefly casting his eyes to the tv before returning to his still smiling face. Jimin chuckles and turns back, continuing eating his donut, Jungkook sighs, his mind restless, suddenly the thought of him rejecting Yugyeom comes to his mind. He shakes it off, not wanting to ruin the mood but he knows he would not be able to forget about it without talking to Jimin, he wanted to hear his side of the story. Jungkook exhales loudly,

“What is it?” asks Jimin, wiping his mouth with a napkin,

“Can I ask you something, promise not to be mad?” he says, suddenly, facing him. Jimin nods his head, puzzled,

“Yugyeom told me…” says Jungkook, laughing, Jimin stares at him dumbfounded but listening to him attentively, “I just recently learned that Yugyeom actually…um, he used to…um, he used to like have a crush on you and that you rejected him.” Jimin stares at him, not upset but surprised,

“Hmm?” he says, “Yugyeom?” Jungkook stares at him, wondering why he seemed surprised,

“Yeah,” says Jungkook, “Can you tell me what happened?”

“Hmm,” says Jimin, biting his lips, thinking about what Jungkook was asking, “Oh, you mean when he confessed to me behind the bleachers, when he was a freshman.”

“Yeah,” says Jungkook, “I heard you were very mean about it, I just want to know what happened.”

“Nothing really,” says Jimin, “Hmm, I mean all I remember is telling him I was not interested. I was shocked, I thought he was going to tell me he liked Bambam. I turned him down so harshly because Bambam liked him too.” Jungkook’s eyes widen,

“Bambam had a crush on Yugyeom?” he asks, confused, realizing that he did not know his friend much,

“Well, he did when we were sophomores, they’re neighbors so he always did, I reacted like that because I did not want to give him hope. I actually forgot about it because I did not want Bambam to find out, he would’ve been heartbroken.” Jungkook was silent for a second and suddenly burst out laughing, Jimin stares at him, dumbfounded,

“Oh wow,” says Jungkook, “Why didn’t you tell him the reason?” Jimin shrugs his shoulders,

“It was not my confession to make,” he replies, “Yugyeom caught me by surprise so I could not help but reject him harshly, bad-timing I guess. Why were you guys talking about it out of nowhere?” Jungkook sighs, relieved to know the real reason, he gazes at Jimin, people really misunderstand him,

“Nothing, it just came up,” he answers. Jimin stares at him, silent for a second,

“I’m not proud of the person I was back then,” he says quietly, “I know the things people say about me. I do things sometimes disregarding other people’s feelings, but I don’t do them on purpose. I don’t care about other people but…I just don’t want you to think I’m that obnoxious and mean.” Jungkook gazes at him, realizing that Jimin did care about what he thought about him, he could not help but smile.

“So… like you never thought of what would happen if you accepted him?” he says, teasing him,

“Huh?” says Jimin, “I rejected him because I didn’t like him. I could’ve been nicer about it I guess, but I didn’t want to play with him.” Jungkook smirks,

“So, you’re not a heartbreaker like everyone say, you’re just out of everyone’s league huh?’ he says, teasing him, Jimin stares at him trying to figure out whether Jungkook was serious or joking, Jungkook places his hand on his head, ruffling his hair. A simple gesture that assured Jimin that Jungkook was just teasing him,

“You’re not out my league, I’m sorry I hurt your friend,” he replies dimly, gazing at Jungkook, they lock eyes, his smile a mirror of his. Jimin takes his hand, leaning closer to him. Placing his hand on Jungkook’s cheek, caressing it slowly with his fingers. He pinches his cheek, taking him by surprise.

“Ow!” exclaims Jungkook, holding his cheek, “What was that about?” Jimin smiles,

“That’s for teasing me,” he says, looking at the other side, to take revenge, Jungkook grabs both of his cheeks, pulling them out between his fingers,

“Hey, what’re you doing?” exclaims Jimin, “That hurts.”

“You started it,” replies Jungkook, laughing, “Your cheeks are adorable.” Jimin pushes him away, rubbing his cheeks. Jungkook clears his throat, gazing at Jimin, he moves closer to him, pulls him closers, with his arms around his shoulder. He caresses his hair as Jimin sits silently not resisting. Before he could say anything,

“I love you,” says Jungkook, Jimin glance up at him, surprised at his directness, both surprised at the words that were spoken. Jungkook smiles, he knows once the L word was out of the bag, there is no going back, he is laying all his cards down. As complicated as Jimin is, Jungkook knows he feels safe with him despite his unpredictable moods. He knows loving Jimin does not give him the right to know everything about him, his pain, doubts and invisible scares he knows Jimin carries with him. All he knows is that this is real, not a wishful thought on his part, it was mutual, and all that matters are how they feel about each other, the past is the past.

Jimin gazes at him, wrapping his arm around him, pulling him tightly, resting his head on his chest, like a child. His touch sending electricity throughout his body, wanting to taste him, feel the movement of his body, become one but knows now is not the time, just having him close to him is good for now. Without Jimin saying a single word, Jungkook can feel from him resting his head on his chest and squeezing him closer to him in a tight embrace, Jimin loves him as well. At that moment nothing else matters, not what people say about Jimin, or about ruining his perfect school record for fighting at school and getting detention. Nothing but being here with Jimin mattered to him. Perhaps that is what others see when they look at one another, the fire that connects between them, igniting their smiles and laughter.