Chapter 13: Ambushed by Prince Chimmy’s Fan club

In Love With You

Before heading back to the Gym, they decide to go to the lockers first to change out of their wet pants. Laughing for not thinking first before jumping in the pool with their clothes on. To their surprise, they both had left a pair of sweatpants and shorts in their lockers since they play sports. Jungkook feeling shy, steals a glance at Jimin who was opening his locker, taking out his sweatpants from the locker, Jungkook averts his eyes to his locker, taking out his pair of basketball shorts.

“I’m gonna go change in the shower,” says Jimin, taking his clothes. Jungkook sighs, disappointed and relieved at the same time, as much as he wanted to see Jimin , he could not take any more of his teasing. He looks at him as he goes behind the shower curtain, was Jimin feeling shy around him? Or did he feel uncomfortable? wondering and hoping Jimin is not uncomfortable around, it would be good if he is shy. It would mean he has some kind of feelings for Jungkook. 

His cell phone rings, it was Crystal,

“Hello,” he says answering the phone,

“Where did you go?” asks Crystals, “We’re leaving, were waiting for you.”

“Oh,” says Jungkook, staring at where Jimin was, not realizing they have been gone for a while, the dance was almost over, it was nine-forty, he sighs, “Yeah, I’m on my way.” He changes into his shorts, Jimin comes out of the shower in his black sweats,

“It’s cold outside,” he says, looking at his shorts, “You don’t have sweats?”

“Ahh,” says Jungkook, “Not really, I left this one here last semester.” Jungkook stares at him,

Jimin opens his locker, taking out a red pair of sweats, hands it to him,

“I don’t want you to get sick and blame me,” he says, Jungkook smiles, taking the sweats, and wearing them over his shorts.

“Thanks,” he says.  Jimin nods his head, picking up his cellphone,

“Looks like the dance is over,” he says, “My friends messaged me.”

“Mine too,” replies Jungkook, “Let’s go.”

 

After Valentines Day, things at school went back to normal the next week. As if the teachers were making up for the two days they did not assign homework, Jungkook received homework from all his classes. But his mind has been restless ever since that moment with Jimin in the pool, thinking back to it, unable to get it out of his mind, he even started wearing his earrings again. Even though he tried to convince himself that he wore them for himself when Jimin saw him with them, trying to play it cool in front of him. Jimin and he are getting closer than he had anticipated, his feelings growing stronger each time he sees him. Ever since he blabbered to Yugyeom that he might like Jimin more than he cares to admit, he finds it hard to control himself around Jimin. They never miss a chance to talk in class, even getting a warning from the teacher, while they were laughing and giggling while she was going over the project, even Rachel turned around to look at Jungkook. Probably wondering when they got close.

 

Monday morning, with an exam in the first period, Jungkook was unable to sleep, staying up studying all night. Tired and yawning, he walks towards their hang out place, to wait for his friends, as he approaches the locker, a group of girls in a Japanese anime uniform, a mini skirt and a blouse with pigtails, Jimin’s Fan club, were standing around there. He sighs, trying not make eye contact with them, but as soon as he reaches the locker, they turn to him as if they were waiting for him.

“Hi,” says one of the girls, probably the leader of the club. Jungkook looks around, checking to see if she was addressing him,

“Um…hey,” he replies, feeling awkward, wondering why they were talking to him? He has never even spoken to them,

“Jungkook, right?” says the girl, “I’m Aika.” She extends her hand, Jungkook stares at her, not sure what he should do, she smiles and pulls back her hand. She folds her arm, looking serious,

“I’m gonna get straight to the point,” she says, “What is your relationship with Jimin-oppa?” Jungkook stares at her puzzled, what the ?

“Relationship? Jimin?” he says, shrugging his shoulders, “I don’t know what you're talking about.” She snorts, shaking her head,

“You know what I’m talking,” she says, “Don’t play dumb.” Jungkook guffs, not believing what he was hearing,

“My relationship with Jimin is none of your in’ business,” he replies, getting mad. He spots his friends, they looked confused as they walk and stand beside him, Aika rolls her eyes and sighs, loudly,

“We’ll talk later,” she says, smiling out of nowhere. Her and gang walk away, Crystal and Yugyeom stare at him, bewilder,

“What was that about?” asks Yugyeom, Jungkook chuckles,

“They’re being nosy as always,” replies Jungkook.

“They probably want to know why you’re close to Jimin all of sudden?” says Crystal, crossing her arms.

“It’s none of their business,” he replies, she shakes her head, shrugging her shoulders.

“I want to why you're close to him,” she says, glaring at him, “You even left the dance to go hang with him.” Jungkook stares at her and then Yugyeom and then back at her, getting annoyed, he exhales,

“Damn,” he says, snapping, “Why is everyone bothered about it? What if I’m close to him?” Crystal stares at him, mouth open, surprised at his answer, Jungkook was surprised himself. He did not mean snap at her, he was annoyed, he hates people getting into his personal business, even if she is his friend.

“Do you like him or something?” retorts Crystal, Jungkook sighs, looking at her,

“Yeah, I do,” he replies, taking her by surprise and leaving speechless. Not wanting to get into it with his friends, he tells his friends, he is going to head to class, leaving them dumbfounded.

 

Since they had a test during class and Jimin arrived late, he did not have time to talk with Jimin besides exchanging greetings. But they were done testing, and turned in their exams, Jimin turns to Jungkook,

“Let’s eat lunch together?” he asks, taking Jungkook by surprised, but he seemed serious. Jungkook smiles, nodding his head, Jimin turns back after Rachel calls him. Jungkook wanted to scream, excited, Jimin asked him to go eat lunch together. After class was over, Jimin tells him he will see him in the cafeteria.

 

Jungkook heads to the cafeteria, heart fluttering at the thought of sitting together with Jimin but nervous. Worried about his fan club approaching him during lunch? They would not dare, would they? The closer he got to the cafeteria, the faster his heart races, he exhales. As usual chatters and laughers fill the cafeteria, followed by the smell of bleach, oil, and tomatoes since they were serving pizza. He scans the cafeteria for Jimin and his friends, he spots Jimin, at a table by himself, relieved his friends were not here yet, so he did not have to choose who to sit with. This way, he can call his friends over to join him, but knowing how they feel about Jimin, he wonders if they will want to sit with him.

“Hi,” he says, sitting beside him,

“Hey,” replies Jimin smiling. Jungkook’s eyes look around, feeling anxious, but realizes he is overthinking, no one was paying attention to him, why would anyone care about him sitting with Jimin? Aside from those crazy fans of his, which he was also keeping an eye out for, but he sure they all do not have the same lunch period.

“Why so quiet?” asks Jimin,

“Huh?” says Jungkook, he clears his throat, “I’m always quiet.”

“Yeah,” says Jimin, “but not like this, you nervous about sitting with my friends?” Jungkook chuckles, shaking his head no, he wonders if he should tell him about his fan club annoying him in the morning, but he chooses not. Why bother him with it? He did not want trouble Jimin, is not like he can’t handle those girls. He sighs and smiling,

“No…,” he says, “I’m just wondering what your friends will think, all of the sudden sitting together at lunch.” Jimin laughs, he runs his fingers through his hair, 

“Why would they care? They know we’re friends, we are friends, right?” Jungkook grins, he nods his head, he told his friends, but does he only think of me as a friend? Jungkook spots Rachel, Bambam, Liam and Sasha with their plate of food, heading towards the table. He gulps, holding his breath, ! ! ! He thought he was prepared but he realizes he was not, he looks around for his friends. Hoping with his friends beside him, he won’t be at a disadvantage.

“Hey,” says Rachel, looking at Jimin, who smiles at them, they sit down. Jungkook silently sits there, cursing in his mind. He looks up, making eye contact with Rachel, she smiles,

“Jungkook? Right?” she asks, “You’re in our art class?” Jungkook smiles, nodding his head,

“Oh, I thought he looked familiar,” says Liam, exchanging looks with Sasha,

“When did you two get so close?” asks Sasha, “Hmmm…. Jiminie?” her voice taunting, as she eyes Jimin, Jungkook turns to look at Jimin, who just rolls his eyes.

“Your friends with that boy, Yugyeom right?” asks Bambam, , cursed Jungkook, he had completely forgotten that Bambam and Yugyeom did not get along, how the did I forget? He sighs, hoping it was only a trivial thing since they were neighborhoods, he stares at Bambam, who was staring at him, waiting for an answer. Jungkook clears his throat,

“Yeah, I am,” he says, looking at him, waiting for him to blow up but he just nods his head, eating his cheeseburger.

“You’re really handsome,” says Sasha, looking at Rachel, “Doesn’t he remind you of those K-pop singers?” Rachel and she agree excitedly, Jungkook just smiles at them, giggle. His eyes scan for his friends, spotting Yugyeom and Crystal. He quickly waves at them, motioning them to come sit with him. He notices them exchanging looks as they walk towards the table Jungkook was sitting at, they take a sit at the two empty chairs, smiling awkwardly, which Jungkook could not blame them for.

“Hi,” says Rachel, “I’m Rachel, Jungkook and I have art class together.”

“I’m Yugyeom,” he says, looking at Jungkook, as if waiting for him to explain what was happening, “This is Crystal.”

“I’m Jimin,” Jimin says, looking at Crystal, who was sitting there silently, “Be comfortable, we’re all friends.” Crystal eyes him and back at Jungkook, she sighs, eating her food.

“Is this going to be a normal routine?” asks Liam,

“Maybe,” says Jimin, “Why’re you asking?”

“Just wondering if you’re going to bring more juniors to join us at lunch,” he replies, staring at Jimin, who rolls his eyes, ignoring him. Rachel and Sasha laugh,

“Why are you acting so territorial?” asks Rachel with a smile, “You’re not a dog.” Liam guffs, glaring at her, shaking his head, obviously feeling offended by her comment but she did not seem to care. Jungkook stares at Yugyeom and Crystal who sat there silently eating their lunch, realizing he should have at least given his friends heads up before making such a drastic change. He bites his lips, he had forgotten to take his lunch out, feeling like he won’t be able to stomach anything, the way his heart was racing and stomach churning.

 

The rest of the lunch period went by, with so much tension and awkwardness, Jungkook hopes Jimin would want it to be a normal thing, his friends aside from Sasha and Rachael were not happy about it, and he could tell Crystal and Yugyeom felt out of place. He has not seen his friends that quiet in a long time, everyone at the table exchanging awkward smiles but when he looks at Jimin, he did not seem to be bothered by it. He did not think much about anything, he liked Sasha and Rachel, he thought they would be stuck up, especially Rachel, being the captain of the cheerleading squad but she was friendly and kind, along with Sasha. He didn’t have much thought about Bambam, he did not seem to care and kept quiet the whole time. He did not display any negativity towards him or Yugyeom even though they did not get along. He did catch him glancing at Yugyeom once.  He was different from Liam, who was speaking sarcastically every time he spoke, causing Rachel to reprimand him, Jungkook realizes they are dating, that is why he listens to her. Despite his sarcasm, Jungkook does not think he is a mean person, he seemed as confused as everyone else at the table but was the only one being honest about it.

 

With school over, Jungkook reaches home, he was surprised to see his father home, pulling out of the garage. He stops the car and rolls down the window,

“Hi,” he greets him,

“Jeong-guk,” says his father, “How was school?”

“Fine,” he replies, looking at his father, “Aren’t you supposed to be at work?”

“I had a document I needed,” he replies, “I’m on my way back, there is food in the fridge, your sister left before going to work.” Jungkook nods his head,

“Do your homework,” says his father before driving out, Jungkook laughs as he heads inside the house.

He throws his backpack on the bed, and heads to the kitchen, he takes the bowl of rice and barbecue chicken with lettuce and corn. He heats it in the microwave and goes back to his room. He takes his backpack, with all the homework he had, he did not want to slack off. His mind wanders off to the lunch with Jimin and his friends, still not knowing what to make of it. What was Jimin’s intention of inviting him to eat with him? Why would he bother putting his friends in an awkward place if he did not have feelings for Jungkook as well? Jungkook annoyed, ruffles his hair, taking out his math textbook and notebook, and starts to work on his homework.

 

The sun was dimming, Jungkook did not realize how late it was, he spent the rest of the day working on his homework’s. His stomach growling, he heads to the kitchen, the air fills with spice and sweet and chilly smell, his sister was in the kitchen. He takes a seat in the chair, staring at her,

“Hey,” she says, glancing at him and going back to her cooking,

“What’re you making?” he asks, exhausted,

“Italian meatballs,” she replies, “Were you sleeping, you look exhausted?” Jungkook nods his head no,

“Hey noona,” he says, quietly, chin on his hands, she looks at him,

“Hmm?”

“Can I ask you something?”

“Um, yeah sure,” she says, puzzled, “Everything okay?” Jungkook sighs, he has not mentioned anything about him liking guys to his family, even though he is sure she will not care, she is an open-minded person, he clears his throat, trying to find the words.

“Say you have a crush on someone, you guys start getting close, closer than you anticipated, you start to see signs that he feels the same but you’re not sure because he is a natural flirt, what would you do?”

His sister sighs, thinking, she looks at him as if trying to read his mind, “Well… if you feel like he is a natural flirt, there has to be something he does specifically do to make you feel like he has feelings for you. Some people are flirts but if you really examine their actions, they are the most obvious ones.” Jungkook stares at his sister, confused,

“Hmm,” she says, looking at him, “Say, tell me the reason why you like him in the first place?” Jungkook’s eyes widen, he specifically asked the question broadly, but his sister was still able to figure it out, he smiles,

“Um, honestly,” he says, “I thought it was just a crush but now I am sure I really like him, he has a side to him that I feel like he does not show anyone else. He acts cold and means but I find that he is warm and caring, he has trust issues- his father and he doesn’t get along because his father remarried. He blames his father for the divorce even though he does not want to admit, his parent's divorce really hurts him, because of his loyalty towards his mom, he does not want to open his heart to his stepmom.” Jungkook sighs and his sister just attentively listens to him,

“He is so pretty, everything about him but he has the tenacity to piss me off sometimes, especially when he teases me and his fan club drives me crazy” he continues, “Jimin-hyung is everything any girl or guy would want but at the same time I feel like because his parent’s marriage did not work out, he has a hard time being honest with himself, buries his feelings.” Jungkook looks at his sister who was smiling,

“What?”

“Wow,” she says, looking at him, “You must be in love with him.” Jungkook’s eyes widen, mind, shocked, Love? Who is talking about love? Could I be in love with Jimin-hyung? He stares at his sister, she laughs,

“Your eyes glow when you are talking about him,” she says, “Well, tell him, don’t worry about the consequences, take it from me, it’s better if everything is out of the open.”

“Hmm,” he says, exhaling, groaning, infuriated, “This is supposed to be simple, a crush.” His sister laughs,

“Don’t you know, love never happens easily, if it does then it's not loving,” says his sister, “Jimin, he is older than you?”

“Yeah,” says Jungkook, “Two years, he is a senior.” His sister nods his head, tsking,

“Well, little bro, I wish you luck, he sounds like a complex person, but I’m sure you’ll win him his heart as long as you’re honest and sincere about your feelings for him.”

 

After eating dinner, Jungkook goes back to his room. He takes a shower and falls on his bed, exhaling, arms spread

“I’m might be in love with Jimin,” he says, staring at the ceiling, “Love?

 

The next morning, he heads to the lockers but just like yesterday, the fan club was waiting for him.

“Aishh!” he says, gripping his backpack straps, “What the…” he walks towards them, making up his mind, he is going to tell them off if they do not stop.

“Jungkook,” says Aika, smiling and cheerful,  throwing him off,

“What?” he asks, suspiciously, wondering why she was acting friendly when she almost bit his head off yesterday.

“I want to apologize for the way, we acted before,” she says, “Any friend of Jimin-oppa is a friend of ours.”

“What the hell?” he says, “You guys bipolar or something?” Aika sighs, smiling,

“We just felt like you popped out of nowhere, we just felt threaten that’s all,” she says, “We are sorry.”

Jungkook guffs in disbelief, he spots Jimin standing at his locker room, he glances over at him and he was standing with a girl he did not recognize, she was in a short denim and a crop top and her hair in a ponytail. She was pretty, even though he does not know her, something about her body language annoyed him. He looks back at Aika who had a smirk, what the is smirking at?

“Hmm,” she says, walking past Jungkook and stopping for a second, “When Jimin-oppa and Tiffany-eonni start talking again? Do you know?” Jungkook stares at her blank,

“Why would I know?”

“Well, your friends, how can you not know why is talking to his ex-girlfriend again?” Jungkook’s eyes widen and heart sinks, that is his ex-girlfriend, he did not know they were on speaking terms. His hands crawl up into a fist and he bites his lips,

“Hmm,” says Aika, looking at him up and down, her chin, “They have always been an ideal couple.” She smirks and walks away, her gang following her, leaving Jungkook standing there stupefied, he was not concern about Jimin's crazy fan club. His eyes are on Jimin talking to Tiffany, his ex-girlfriend, wondering what they were talking about? If everything Yugyeom told him about her and the way Jimin treated her like crap, she should not be smiling and speaking to him. As he stares, he locks eyes with Jimin, but he quickly averts his eyes, staring down at his feet, he glances at him again and the girl was still there. He taps his feet, biting the side of his cheek, his entire body restless, feeling jealous. He sighs, oblivious to his friends walking towards him,

“Hey,” says Yugyeom, but Jungkook’s eyes were still glued to where Jimin was standing. Yugyeom and Crystal exchange looks, puzzled,

“Hello,” says Crystal, taping him on the shoulder,

“Huh?” says Jungkook, noticing his friends, “When did you guys get here?”

“Just now,” says Yugyeom, “What’s got you so tensed up?”

“I’m not,” he says defensively, he forces a smile, staring at his friends.

“So, are we eating with Jimin and his friends again?” says Crystal, crossing her arms, “I would like to know, that was ed yesterday?” Jungkook sighs, irritated and annoyed,  

“If you don’t want to, then don’t,” he snaps, walking away, glancing at Jimin one more time, leaving his friends in a daze and puzzled. Love? Am I really in love with Jimin? It can’t be, we haven’t even known each other for that long.

He shakes his head, clearing the overclouding thoughts from his mind, “I’m not jealous,” he mutters underneath his breath, as he walks to his first period.