Annoying Fanboy

My JongKey Oneshots
Please log in to read the full chapter
Key and Jonghyun were childhood friends but Key’s family migrated to America, leaving Jonghyun alone. When Key came back, he tried to search for Jonghyun and was happy when he found out that they’re studying at the same school. But Key has a problem; Jonghyun is not the same anymore.

Annoying Fanboy

written by: bluefloral

***

 

"I'm glad you've make it!" A lady said as she greeted her best friend with her son.

 

"Of course I'll make it!" Her best friend smiled and kissed her cheeks. “Come on, Kibum. Say hello to your godmother.” Kibum's mother added and eight-year old Kibum bowed to the other lady. “Hello…” Little Kibum greeted formally.

 

“Aww, little Bummie is all grown up. Hello sweetheart.” The lady smiled and crouched down to Kibum's level. Kibum just smiled shyly and looked down.

 

“Come on, let's go to the living room." The lady said and dragged them towards the house's living room.

 

"Jonghyun! Come here and greet our guests!" The lady said to his son and the said boy walked to their direction with a ball in hand.

 

"Hello..." Jonghyun bowed and smiled a little.

 

Kibum stared at the boy in awe. He's a handsome boy for his age and Kibum can't help the blush that crawl up in his chubby little cheeks.

 

"Hello Jonghyun." Kibum's mother smiled.

 

"Jonghyun, why don't you take Kibum outside so you two can play hmm?" Jonghyun's mother said.

 

"Good idea! We'll make some refreshments for the two of you." Kibum's mother agreed and Jonghyun nodded with a smile. "Okay. Come on, Kibum.."

 

Kibum smiled a little and followed Jonghyun outside.

 

The two played and quickly got closer. As the days passed by, Kibum is always at Jonghyun's house to play or just spend time with his best friend.

 

"Bummie!" Jonghyun exclaimed when he saw Kibum at their garden, sitting at the garden's swing, quickly hugging the other.

 

"Jongie..!" Kibum smiled and returned the hug.

 

Jonghyun don't know why but every time he is with Kibum, his heart flips to different directions and there is this weird feeling on his stomach. Unknown to him, Kibum also feels the same way.

 

"Come on, let's play at my room..." Jonghyun pulled Kibum's hand but the other didn't budge.

 

"I can't..." Little Kibum mumbled.

 

"Why?" Jonghyun asked, confused for his best friend's actions.

 

Instead of answering the other's question, Kibum just pulled Jonghyun to a hug and mumbled, "I'll miss you.." before running away, leaving Jonghyun confused as heck.

 

Jonghyun felt something on his hand and saw a necklace with a heart pendant on it, but the heart is divided into two which Jonghyun assumed that Kibum have the other part of it.

 

The next day, Jonghyun waited for Kibum but the other didn't go to his house. He wonder if his little Bummie was safe or sick so he ask his mother to visit Kibum but his Mom shook her head.

 

"They already left Jongie.."

 

"Left?" Jonghyun furrowed his eyebrows. "To where?"

 

"They already migrated to America.."

 

~8 years later~

 

Kibum smiled and inhaled the air on his surroundings.

 

"I'm back Korea~!"He exclaimed and some of the passengers boarding in and out of the country turned to his direction. He just smiled in embarrassment and his best friend, Taemin, whacked him in the head. "Shut up, hyung! You're so embarrassing!" Taemin said quietly.

 

Kibum's mother chuckled and turned to Taemin. "Just let him be Tae, God knows how much he persuade me just to come back here.." She shook her head and started to walk out of the airport.

 

"Why do you want to continue you're schooling here anyway?" Taemin said and pulled his luggage, following Kibum's mother to the exit.

 

Kibum smiled widely. "Nothing.."

 

Taemin's jaw drop. "We travelled to the other side of the world for nothing?!"

 

Kibum smiled innocently. "Don't worry, you'll love it here."

 

Taemin scowled. "I hope so."

 

The ride his mother requested arrived and they made their way to Kibum's house. Their house hasn't change and Kibum smiled when he entered it. Memories of his childhood days playing on his mind.

 

"I missed this place.." he said quietly.

 

"It's not the only one that you've missed, right?" Taemin playfully said, raising his brows up and down.

 

"Ya!" Kibum pouted and Taemin laughed. Taemin know about Kibum's feelings towards this guy named Kim Jonghyun. Kibum told him that he was his best friend before and then became Kibum's first love.

 

Taemin sighed. "You think you'll meet him again?"

 

"I hope so..." Kibum made a face.

 

~JONGKEY~

 

Taemin and Kibum entered the school gates together. Kibum was glad that they don't have problems in transferring here since his mother already fixed their credentials.

 

While walking down the school corridor, some students can't help but stare in their direction. Who won't when you're prettier than a girl even though you're a boy?

 

"I think this is it.." Taemin said as he look from his class schedules then to the room before him.

 

They knocked and entered the room, handing over the pass to the teacher inside. The teacher nodded and cleared towards the class.

 

“May I have everyone’s attention, please?” The class turned their attention to their homeroom teacher and noticed the two unfamiliar faces.

 

“We have some new students,” the teacher turned to both of them “please introduce yourselves.”

 

“Hello everyone, I’m Lee Taemin and I’ll be your acquaintance from now on. Please be good to me.” Taemin bowed and smiled a little.

 

“Hi everyone, I’m Kim Kibum but please call me Key. It’s nice to meet you all.” He smiled, flashing his cute dimples to the class making some girls blush over the two young males.

 

“Please sit at the seats beside Nicole over there..” The teacher instructed and the girl named Nicole raised her hand.

 

“Hello.” Key smiled before taking a seat at Nicole’s left side, Taemin taking a seat beside him.

 

‘Hi…” Nicole smiled. “Where are you from?” She inquired to the two boys.

 

“Oh, we’re from America…” Key said and wrote the notes being written on the board.

 

Nicole tilted his head. “That’s quite far,” she commented and continued to write notes. “Why did you decide to come here?”

 

“For the love of my life…” Key smiled widely.

 

~JONGKEY~

 

The cafeteria of Key’s new school was filled with students who are having their break time and the two males, together with Nicole and another girl named Amber, made their way there to fill their appetite.

 

After ordering their food, they sat at one of its empty tables and talked about Taemin and Key’s life back at America.

 

“Actually, I was born here and we migrated to America when I was 8 years old due to my father’s work.” Key explained and the two girls nodded.

 

“So, who’s this lucky guy whom you’re searching?” Amber asked as she took a bite on her sandwich. Key told them earlier about him, finding his crush since forever, and surprisingly, they don’t care even if it’s a male.

 

Taemin rolled his eyes. “The guy he’s been wanting to find goes by the name of---“

 

“Yah Jonghyun, get back here!” A man in he’s early 30s that is carrying a soccer ball shouted to one of his players who is just sitting at the bleachers with a bored expression. The cafeteria is close to the soccer field and the students can clearly see the soccer players practicing for their upcoming match.

 

“That name…” Taemin mumbled and Nicole turned her attention to him. “Excuse me, what?” She didn’t hear his mumbling about the guy’s name since she’s busy drinking her iced tea.

 

“Kim Jonghyun…” Nicole chocked on the iced tea she was drinking.

 

“Kim Jonghyun?!” Nicole repeated and turned to Key who has a dreamy look on his face while staring at one of the soccer players.

 

“Huh?” Key stared at her, wearing the same dreamy look on his face.

 

“That guy is as cold as an ice!” She exclaimed and Taemin furrowed his eyebrows.

 

“What?! You know him?!” Key and Taemin said at the same time.

 

“Yes.” Nicole rolled her eyes. “Who won’t when he’s known for making the girl population here cry and well, the Kims own the school so yeah, he's quite popular.”

 

“He’s a playboy?” Key said in a low voice.

 

“Nope, quite opposite actually. He doesn’t entertain them and just glare at them to go away. It always goes like that, but some says he’s into guys as well. Though, I don’t know if the latter part is true. Who knows what his ual preference, right?” Amber explained but is quite intrigued herself.

 

Key puffed his cheeks, ‘Jonghyun isn’t like that before…’ he thought sadly.

 

“I’ll change him…!” Key excitedly said to the three.

 

Nicole’s brow rose. “And how do you plan to do it sweetie?” She asked, waiting for her new friend’s great plan.

 

“I’ll confess!” Key smiled and the three’s face fell.

 

“And here I go thinking you have an awesome plan under your sleeve…” Nicole barely replied.

Please log in to read the full chapter