Puppy Love

My JongKey Oneshots
Please log in to read the full chapter
Little Kibum wants his crayon back, Jonghyun has a sudden heart disease while Jinki thinks he has one as well.

Age Preference: They're all Six years old.

Puppy Love

written by: bluefloral

***

Jonghyun stuck his tongue out at Jinki who was trying to catch him in the colorful kindergarten room. He tricked Jinki by telling the other that all the chickens in the world are carrying the said clumsy disease therefore Jinki should stop eating those ridiculous animals. Being the chicken-loving kid that he was, he didn't believe Jonghyun which resulted in him losing one of his color pencils; the running brat took it, Jinki concluded.

Just as Jinki was about to catch Jonghyun, the latter quickly dodge him and stuck his tongue out at Jinki again, making him look like a dog, an idiotic dog.

He was about to persuade Minho, their silent best friend who looks like a frog due to his ridiculously large eyes, to help him get his green color pencil (his favorite) when their teacher came in, along with a new student.

"Okay class, settle down now..." Ms. Jung, their kindergarten teacher called out cheerily to the buzzing class, Jonghyun grinning at Jinki cheekily, that rabbit can't do anything now since their teacher is here already! Which is why he turned his attention to her yet stopped in track when he saw the prettiest thing on earth, his chocolate brown orbs widening comically at the little boy in front who have the cutest feline eyes, button nose, and pink little lips.

'He's so pretty! Prettier than Taeminnie!' his little mind mentally awed, his heart starting to beat faster than normal. Oh My God, he was having a heart attack!!!

Wait...

He didn't die though...

Sighing in relief that his heart didn't stop beating but only seemed to pump faster than usual, he tried not to stare at the new pretty boy which is kinda hard since he’s pretty as a flower. Momentarily forgetting about his little fun time with Jinki, he listened carefully to their teacher while darting a curious glance at the pretty boy.

“We have a new classmate  and he will be learning with us from now on…” Miss Jung smiled, glancing at Kibum, a cue for the little one to introduce himself.

“Annyeong Haseyo, Kim Kibum imnida.” A sweet and soft gentle voice floated in the air, Jonghyun’s eyes literally twinkling at hearing it. Little Jonghyun smiled at Kibum shyly while waving his hand slowly, his heart stopping when Kibum caught his gaze and smiled widely at him. He was about to walk towards him when a hand whack his head gently, Jinki grabbing his green color pencil back before smiling at Kibum. “Kibummie~!” Jinki greeted while hugging the new student. “Rabbit~!”

“I see that you two knew each other…” Miss Jung beamed at the two while crouching at the two boys, gently instructing Jinki to take Kibum at his seat beside the chicken-loving child.

Jonghyun’s shoulder slumped when he saw Kibum taking a seat with Jinki, he thought the feline-eyed beauty would take a seat beside him. He tried to shrug off the constricting feeling on his chest and walked towards the duo. Their teacher tending to the other student’s needs.

“Hello~!” He waved at Kibum amiably, the said child smiling at him in response. “Hi…” Kibum waved back.

“Don’t talk to strangers Kibummie..” Jinki reminded Kibum, his eyes glinting mischievously at Jonghyun who pouted in response. “Yah, I’m not a stranger,” he glared at Jinki before turning his attention at Kibum, “My name’s Jonghyun…”

“Jonghyun…” Kibum whispered, as if testing the words on his mouth, Jonghyun’s brain going code red because his heart is doing those weird things again and his stomach feels like there’s something flying inside. Oh God, is he sick?!

Jonghyun stared at Kibum dazely, his little heart beating faster when Kibum smiled with his dimples on display. “Hi Jonghyun! Nice to meet you!”

It’s final; I have a heart disease, Jonghyun concluded.

***

It’s been two weeks since Kibum joined Jonghyun’s class. Although the two of them became close, Kibum is much closer with Jinki, leaving Jonghyun pouting when the other would take Kibum somewhere away from Jonghyun.

Sometimes, Jonghyun's grateful for Jinki when he's taking Kibum away, it means he can live longer because his heart disease seems to escalate further

Please log in to read the full chapter